Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Too. Many. Zip Ties.

Looks great!
No such thing  

Beat me to it.  

Wire ties are nice, but velcro is much nicer when you have to replace a wire.

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 12:30:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Op, where did you go?
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Op, where did you go?
View Quote
I'm here, out of town on business for a week and then had to move all the shit into the new building.

Also finished repainting the new building.

Welded up some wall mount supports for the Climate Cabinet using some left over aluminum we had.  

ETA:

Also finished mounting the new 4k Dell monitor that will serve dual purpose Camera view(HDMI), and the monitor for my Desktop PC

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice!
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 5:53:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I see a ubiquiti bridge on that desk.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Op, where did you go?
I'm here, out of town on business for a week and then had to move all the shit into the new building.

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/VrodRay/1624ABF3-40B0-471F-884A-2FF394E99C6F_zpspn0kxht3.jpg

Also finished repainting the new building.    

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/VrodRay/E87C18EE-6769-4A77-8BDE-6511CF45C948_zps1ygecxde.jpg

Welded up some wall mount supports for the Climate Cabinet using some left over aluminum we had.  

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/VrodRay/E038CF87-68D5-4072-BBB9-57E1C7F04006_zpszpns3lri.jpg

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/VrodRay/66D10B7A-EB6D-45D5-B400-E46207635EE5_zps81au6elf.jpg

ETA:

Also finished mounting the new 4k Dell monitor that will serve dual purpose Camera view(HDMI), and the monitor for my Desktop PC

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/VrodRay/BCE751A2-1D24-4D9B-97BD-F1029D6B7496_zpsbqzkcqji.jpg

I see a ubiquiti bridge on that desk.  
Yup, next step is to configure those two, and mount them along with the cameras on the new building now that it is painted.

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#7]
One Mounted

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Even caulked it.  
View All Quotes
Of course

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:18:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Box from B&H came today with ultra wide angle lenses for the front two 5MP cameras for this building.

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 6:30:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Box from B&H came today with ultra wide angle lenses for the front two 5MP cameras for this building.

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/VrodRay/6FFE7AD1-9C7C-470F-910E-90EBA556219E_zps7hffb8h5.jpg
View Quote

Off-topic. That sure is a nice desk pad.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 7:25:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/VrodRay/6FFE7AD1-9C7C-470F-910E-90EBA556219E_zps7hffb8h5.jpg

Thanks, I love them. I bought them from Saddleback when I first put the new desk in.

I also added the coasters b/c I am always running around with a bottle of water.

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:21:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 2:39:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Those wide angle lenses work pretty well.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You are doin it right
View Quote
Thanks. I'm excited for when I finally have the time to dial everything in, correct camera in correct slot, color, saturation, contrast etc. Everything looks good now, but I know with some tweaking it will look great.

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 2:24:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Had some time to mount two of the 3MP varifocal bullets on the back corner. Added a little extra silicone to the hole in the pivot mount and the screw holes to go along with the perimeter to keep out water.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:57:48 PM EDT
[#18]
What a fantastic installation! Thoroughly impressive work, OP.  I'm in the works of planning my residential system and I will be taking big notes on how to cleanly get the job done from your pictures.  Keep up the updates, and thanks!
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I've been busy with other things, but I was able to finish up mounting the Auto Tracking PTZ to the main building. Tomorrow I will power it up and configure to see how well it works. It should be able to track anyone entering into my parking lot and follow them as they move around the perimeter of the building on the street side.

I also configured the Ubiquiti Nanostations, I'm preparing the mount for this building and mounting it before I take the man lift to the new building.

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:29:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

What a fantastic installation! Thoroughly impressive work, OP.  I'm in the works of planning my residential system and I will be taking big notes on how to cleanly get the job done from your pictures.  Keep up the updates, and thanks!
View Quote
Thank you I appreciate it!

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Whose auto-tracking PTZ is that?  What manufacturer?
View Quote
You would know better then I would as to the Manufacturer. Like the other cameras I bought them from the same company they mark it with their own model number. Seems very well made.

http://www.securitycameraking.com/30x-2mp-ip-network-ptz-60006-prd1.html

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Wire ties are nice, but velcro is much nicer when you have to replace a wire.

http://www.buycableties.com/images/products/detail/.75inchVelcroBrandCableTiesPuck2.1.jpg

View Quote

That velcro is nice. At work we either use the ones with the pre cut slots or lacing string. Everything is moving away from velcro to string. Once you have the technique down, lacing does not let anything move.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Mount built, and the Ubiquiti bridge has been installed on this roof. Auto Tracking PTZ works amazingly well, follows people while zooming in or out for the best picture of the movement.

Auto Tracking PTZ View

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 7:51:21 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Can you post a video of the auto-tracking PTZ working?  I've yet to see one (even the high-dollar Panasonics that go $3-4k each) that works very well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Can you post a video of the auto-tracking PTZ working?  I've yet to see one (even the high-dollar Panasonics that go $3-4k each) that works very well.

It has its limitations but I think it works surprisingly well considering the price

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:45:48 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

It has its limitations but I think it works surprisingly well considering the price

Excuse the stiff walk, my legs are dead from jetskiing this weekend.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, that is pretty good tracking. Would be hard pressed to beat that with a joystick.

Certainly good enough for security purposes.

Any more details on the camera model, Part # etc.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:00:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:07:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/VrodRay/media/Camera%20System/B5CA498B-A5AA-4399-82C6-4104AC23D29C_zps3wnlf9vh.mp4.html

View Quote

It even caught that drunk guy in your parking lot.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/VrodRay/media/Camera%20System/B5CA498B-A5AA-4399-82C6-4104AC23D29C_zps3wnlf9vh.mp4.html

Wow, that is pretty good tracking. Would be hard pressed to beat that with a joystick.

Certainly good enough for security purposes.

Any more details on the camera model, Part # etc.

All I have is the link I posted, sorry.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Say... that's not too shabby.  Is that auto-tracking function built-in to the camera, or is the DVR controlling that?  Some of the Hikvision cams have auto-tracking, but only when used with a Hikvision DVR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Say... that's not too shabby.  Is that auto-tracking function built-in to the camera, or is the DVR controlling that?  Some of the Hikvision cams have auto-tracking, but only when used with a Hikvision DVR.
Built into the camera it would track on it's own and record to an SD card if desired.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

haha Almost busted my ass in the garage after coming back from Jetskiing, my legs just gave up on me. I ride it hard, it's like doing leg presses for an hour straight.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
haha Almost busted my ass in the garage after coming back from Jetskiing, my legs just gave up on me. I ride it hard, it's like doing leg presses for an hour straight.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've done that before. Went most the way across lake Pontchartrain. Couldn't move the next day.
I'm digging the ptz
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks for the auto tracking video.  Does it get confused when multiple people are in the area?  Just wondering how it prioritizes what to track.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#35]
tagged
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:04:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Are those tapcon screws in a concrete wall for cable support?

How long is that run? Any reason you decided not to mount a second hub further away and run just one cable instead of a bundle?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:52:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
After painting the floor, assembling the cabinets, and setting up the racks I finally have some time to run the cat6 at the new building. With no rafters in this building I had no where to tuck the wires in so I drilled and set a zip tie saddle every foot to make a nice "harness" of it all.

I will be finishing up running this section tomorrow.

View Quote

I like your style.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top