Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2014 11:08:49 PM EDT
I have been wanting to put up some cameras for quite a while now and just sat down and made up the following image thanks to that guy in GD who posted about the cops in front of his house.  Those were some nice images/video off his Hik cam.

Easier to see if you click the image and enlarge there...

#1 would view down the drive and the side of the house with the garage door.

#2 would be under the covered porch looking down the wall with the front door and down the sidewalk.  The porch has a railing all the way around except where the walk enters porch.  You can just see the steps through the tree on the edge of the cameras right "V".

#3 Is looking across the deck with the awning and down the back of the house.

I am thinking this would be a good start.  The house already has a security system installed.  I would like to record to NAS if possible.  Is there any good software out there that works with OS X?  What would I use to tie all the cameras into my router? (ASUS RT-AC87U)

I plan to get some pics from ground level tomorrow to give better perspective.

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:14:50 PM EDT
[#1]
With the right cameras they can record directly to a NAS. Usually they say the camera is NAS capable or can record to an SMB or samba share.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top