User Panel

Page / 22
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nightwolf357:
I really hope this camera is worth it.
View Quote

I think it will be especially for the price.  If not, turn around and sell it easily.. hah  It's cheap enough compare to the normal price.

I jumped in as well.  It would be nice if a lower price was unlocked.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:51:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd been thinking about the Rexing V1P, but I think I may go with the Viofo A119.  $99 and it appears to be a bit better overall.  I think I want a rear camera though, but not sure I want to drop the coin for something that you can actually use the footage from.  The V1P quality from the rear camera does not impress me.  Decent price, but that's about it.  I could run 2 of the A119, but I don't want it clogging up my rear view.  Also, 2003 Expedition, I'm in the back liftgate (not the glass) quite often.  Have to run enough extra cord for the motion of the liftgate and when not in use, the cord would have to just hang, I guess.  Decisions, decisions.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:19:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Just got the tracking number for my MassDrop BlackVue!  Excited!
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By edcurtis:

Just got the tracking number for my MassDrop BlackVue!  Excited!
View Quote
Me too.  It says it shipped on the 15th.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 12:45:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Went with the A119 for now.  Caught an idiot going the wrong way in a round about in my first day's use.  Fast forward to 1:40.

Link Posted: 3/20/2017 2:19:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By igozumn:
Went with the A119 for now.  Caught an idiot going the wrong way in a round about in my first day's use.  Fast forward to 1:40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj_mVYBovqc
View Quote
Cool.  I've been using an A119 since Xmas and I think it works really well.  Much better form and function than the G1whatever I had before.  I need to hardwire the power cord once I get some free time.  

I have a bunch of clips to post, I need to make a compilation video.  The camera is fully behind my rearview mirror from my point of view, but I can hit the "save" button easily by feel now.  The bad part is that it only prevents for overwriting the exact file that it's on.  So once I saw an idiot and hit the button, but it had gone on to the next 3 minute file in the 3-4 seconds between the idiot and the time I hit the button.  So the file I wanted was overwritten by the time I went to download everything.  I wish it had some logic that told it to save the previous file if it's within 30 seconds of changing.  So if it's anything serious I need to download within about 5-6 days so it's not overwritten.  64gb lasts me about a week of travel.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:30:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Dog1:
On the way to the range yesterday morning-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBseYFAZphs
View Quote
Oh deer
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Night test.

Viofo A119 first night test and GPS.

I'd say I'm pretty happy/satisfied for $100.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I had the Blackvue installed for 30 minutes, take short drive and catch a woman blowing stop sign to almost t-bone me.  Nice!

Now I'm trying to get this damn Power Magic Pro hooked up and I can't figure it out.  I found a fuse with constant power and one with switched power.  I found a solid ground.  No worky. y pls?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I had the Blackvue installed for 30 minutes, take short drive and catch a woman blowing stop sign to almost t-bone me.  Nice!

Now I'm trying to get this damn Power Magic Pro hooked up and I can't figure it out.  I found a fuse with constant power and one with switched power.  I found a solid ground.  No worky. y pls?
View Quote
How to Hardwire a Blackvue Power Magic Pro - Blackboxmycar.com
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:16:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: edcurtis] [#14]
Originally Posted By APPARITION:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Gow5pbeEg
View Quote
Yea, I've watched that video 30 times.  No dice.

I'm sure it's a switched power issue?  When the car is on, the Power Magic Pro lights up and is working and providing power.  When I turn the car off, it's all off  completely.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 1:38:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 1:51:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: edcurtis] [#16]
Use some floss or string behind the adhesive or since its on glass just a razor blade.

Have you tried to rotate the camera?  It does have click positions to adjust up or down.  Try that before removing.  Mine is mounted almost directly under my rearview mirror.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 2:24:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:33:47 PM EDT
[#18]
So I finally got some video from the A119 that I wanted to share.  A guy riding on top of a car in the HOV lane at about 80 mph.  Beats the hell out of the occasional failure to yield and my swearing at same.
So what is everyone using for quick editing .mp4 videos?  Freeware much preferred.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:38:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By mPisi:
So I finally got some video from the A119 that I wanted to share.  A guy riding on top of a car in the HOV lane at about 80 mph.  Beats the hell out of the occasional failure to yield and my swearing at same.
So what is everyone using for quick editing .mp4 videos?  Freeware much preferred.
View Quote
The free stuff I have used are windows movie maker and GoPro studio

GoPro studio
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 1:38:26 AM EDT
[#20]
At the beginning of the thread a guy had to replace his dashcam because the sun burned it out. How much of a concern is that for the blackvue? A hot car and a camera that runs hot while looking into the sun? I also got the blackvue IR and thought it would help with the outside view but the IR LEDs just cause glare at night and I don't think I can turn them off. Any ideas or do I just put tape over them?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 4:08:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Memphis drivers... geez
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:33:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Memphis drivers... geez
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKeyMz9rWSw
View Quote
You came very close to being in their way
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#23]
What about the BlackVue DR450-1CH?
BlackVue DR450-1CH

Says it has a capacitor instead of a battery.
Don't plan to run dual and put one on my rear window since it's tinted.

Where are you guys placing these on your front window?  My front window has aftermarket tint on the top.  Any pictures?
How hard is it to line up correctly since there's not screen on it?
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 4:25:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Daps:
BlackVue DR450-1CH

Where are you guys placing these on your front window?  My front window has aftermarket tint on the top.  Any pictures?
View Quote
How tinted? I just stuck mine right under mirror, under tint strip. Rear window is 20% and can still see fine.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By louisianarebel:
How tinted? I just stuck mine right under mirror, under tint strip. Rear window is 20% and can still see fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
BlackVue DR450-1CH

Got any picts on that front mount setup? You can PM if you don't want to post in the forum.
It's 20%
So where are you mounting it on the rear window?
Still not sure I want to spend the extra money on a rear camera though
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:24:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: louisianarebel] [#26]

Got any picts on that front mount setup? You can PM if you don't want to post in the forum.
It's 20%
So where are you mounting it on the rear window?
Still not sure I want to spend the extra money on a rear camera though
View Quote
Pretty much like this. My tint strip only goes to the bottom of the window dots at mirror. I used the dots to get them straight.

Attachment Attached File
|

These are screenshots instead of actual captures. So not as pretty.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#27]
You must have UV tint on the front because I don't see it but that gives me an idea of where to mount it. Line the lens up with the rear view mirror post and camera kind of in the middle line of the rear view
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#28]
You must have UV tint on the front because I don't see it but that gives me an idea of where to mount it. Line the lens up with the rear view mirror post and camera kind of in the middle line of the rear view
View Quote
Not my truck. I wouldn't drive a tundra.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes

Still gives me idea of where to position it when I get one. Still think I'm just going with the one cam.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 11:46:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Have you guys found GPS useful?

My Garmin GDR35 is dying, and I haven't really needed to keep any footage, so I don't know if the GPS is worth the extra coin.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:18:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 1:18:46 AM EDT
[#32]
I can confirm... the rear camera does not work at night with 5% tint.. lol
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:28:08 AM EDT
[#33]
A heads up for anyone looking at the G1W-CB or similar models,  Gear Best is running a sale on them for just under $29 for the next 4 days.  Free slow shipping from China.  http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_196898.html  Amazon price is around $50.  I have two of these.  One doesn't keep the date and time but records fine.  Even at $50 these cameras take great video for the price.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:
Have you guys found GPS useful?

My Garmin GDR35 is dying, and I haven't really needed to keep any footage, so I don't know if the GPS is worth the extra coin.
View Quote
It could come in handy if you ever had to prove you weren't speeding or it could prove you were.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:39:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By SWIRE:
A heads up for anyone looking at the G1W-CB or similar models,  Gear Best is running a sale on them for just under $29 for the next 4 days.  Free slow shipping from China.  http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_196898.html  Amazon price is around $50.  I have two of these.  One doesn't keep the date and time but records fine.  Even at $50 these cameras take great video for the price.
View Quote
If you click on the US button it's 23.99 and presumably ships from the US.
http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_196898.html?wid=44
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:08:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By rufusrufgut:
View All Quotes
I just clicked that, saw it, and came here to post about it.  Thanks for posting that update.  Only 146 pieces left and I am going to order several.  Usually the US option is more expensive or doesn't include free shipping.

Here is a direct link with the US button selected.  http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_196898.html?wid=44
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#37]
I just clicked that, saw it, and came here to post about it.  Thanks for posting that update.  Only 146 pieces left and I am going to order several.  Usually the US option is more expensive or doesn't include free shipping.

Here is a direct link with the US button selected.  http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_196898.html?wid=44
View All Quotes

LOL, it's the same link I posted. Anyway, after reading some of the Amazon reviews, I think I'll pass even if it is only 24. dollars.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:34:02 PM EDT
[#38]

LOL, it's the same link I posted. Anyway, after reading some of the Amazon reviews, I think I'll pass even if it is only 24. dollars.
View Quote
What were the reasons you passed?  People here we raving about them when they first came out.  It was often recommended in this thread.  That is how I first found out about them years ago.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:23:17 AM EDT
[#39]
What were the reasons you passed?  People here we raving about them when they first came out.  It was often recommended in this thread.  That is how I first found out about them years ago.
View All Quotes

It's getting to the point you really have to sort through Amazon reviews to sort out the ones who don't know how to plug something up so they blame the device.
I usually read the 3 and 4 star reviews unless something is getting a ton of 1's and after reading everyone is having the same problem

I find myself trying to look at youtube reviews now
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 2:03:12 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
The biggest reason is it seems there is an issue with sd cards. I looked at all the one star ratings and it was a common complaint among others.
Amazon Product
  • Capacitor Based Model - No Battery - Features Much Higher Heat Resistance and Longevity Compared to Battery Models
  • Full 1080P HD Recording at a Smooth 30 FPS and 720P at 60 FPS with LED Night Vision and Automatic Motion Detection
  • Authentic Black Box G1W-CB: Using Exclusive Novatek NT96650 Chipset + Aptina AR0330 Lens - Provides Low Power Consumption, High Definition Video Compression and Smooth Image Processing

Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#41]
I have two that I ordered from Gearbest, one of them is almost three years old and still works great. Thanks for the heads up on the sale, now going to buy two for the price of one.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:57:00 PM EDT
[#42]

The biggest reason is it seems there is an issue with sd cards. I looked at all the one star ratings and it was a common complaint among others.
View Quote
Maybe it's a Chinese clone issue?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Maybe a unique situation, maybe not.  Aside from the desired good video quality, and auto recording, I need something as small as possible that has these. The new car has tiny little windows and no good place to mount a cam at all, and my wife won't remember to turn it on.  And it's also a magnet for idiots.   Speed, etc would be nice, but mostly I just want front view video that doesn't obstruct our already limited view.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 1:02:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Dan_Gray:
and my wife won't remember to turn it on.
View Quote
Power Magic Pro can work with any cam.  It will turn the camera on and off for you and have a timer after turning car off.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:29:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SWIRE] [#45]
www.amazon.com/dp/B00P8F3LD0
View All Quotes
www.amazon.com/dp/B00P8F3LD0
The first one that I bought, about 2 years ago, has an issue keeping the date and does not like one brand of SD card that I have.  The camera powers up and says "no SD card" but stays on, meaning it does see there is an SD card in the camera it just can't write to it.  I power off the camera and power it back on, then it sees the card find. I recently changed out the card with another brand and have not had the problem since.  

I did find several old files on the card, which means the shock sensor tripped and made them read only.  When that happens it seems to cause more problems with cards, across brands not just with this camera.  I had a $250 dash cam that would brick SD cards.  It did something so that the card could not be deleted, formed, or even repartitioned.  My advice is either turn down or turn off the g-sensor for all models of dash cams and that should help with some of the memory card issues.  

My 4 new DVRs showed up.  The new one I tried keeps the date.  I will be swapping out the old one.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By kar98k:
View All Quotes

I have had two of those cameras. One with the battery, and one with the capacator. Both of them killed my FM radio reception when I hardwired them in.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes
BlackVue DR450-1CH

What are you using for power? My current camera uses a mini-usb plug that I hardwired in...does the blackvue use the same, or a different power plug?
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 2:43:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Kitulu:
I have had two of those cameras. One with the battery, and one with the capacitor. Both of them killed my FM radio reception when I hardwired them in.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kitulu:
I have had two of those cameras. One with the battery, and one with the capacitor. Both of them killed my FM radio reception when I hardwired them in.
I only say that because unless it is actually sold by Amazon it has become common for some Amazon sellers to send out foreign made clones in convincing packaging.  Fake feedback/reviews on Amazon are also rampant.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 11:44:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: laxman09] [#49]
Just curious what microSD cards you guys recommend for a BlackVue650S-2CH Ill have in a couple weeks once the latest massdrop shipment goes out.  Ideally I would like something with enough recording space to last 12 hours without writing over old material since I leave my vehicle in park/ride lots for work.

ETA: I will have the hardwire kit installed so it will be running in parking mode for around 12 hours each day while Im at work.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By laxman09:
Just curious what microSD cards you guys recommend for a BlackVue650S-2CH Ill have in a couple weeks once the latest massdrop shipment goes out.  Ideally I would like something with enough recording space to last 12 hours without writing over old material since I leave my vehicle in park/ride lots for work.

ETA: I will have the hardwire kit installed so it will be running in parking mode for around 12 hours each day while Im at work.
View Quote
On mine the SD card it came with failed shortly after I got it. I used a Samsung class 10 64 gig that I had for my drone. It's been in there ever since not sure how long it records before it starts re-writing.

My second 650 from massdrop arrives Saturday
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top