BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 2:04:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: louisianarebel] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheGrayMan:

What did you ever decide to do about the far corner of that garage, and the driveway-into-parking-area entry?  

If you told me, I don't remember.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By louisianarebel:

So you did get them up... nice pic, and good placement.  

I had a acti d85 there and it sucked horribly at night with the IR reflection.

What did you ever decide to do about the far corner of that garage, and the driveway-into-parking-area entry?  

Did i pm you or something?

Driveway acti d70?
Not my car.
garage. hikvision eyeball turret
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:03:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Cleanest garage evar.
View All Quotes

So you did get them up... nice pic, and good placement.  

I had a acti d85 there and it sucked horribly at night with the IR reflection.

Did i pm you or something?
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/louisianarebel14/Driveway.20150524_160000_1_zpscm4pclig.jpg
Driveway acti d70?
Not my car.
garage. hikvision eyeball turret
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/louisianarebel14/cce91c2d-7ae2-49b2-b462-15ad52694054_zpsjnfomzpd.jpg

Cleanest garage evar.

Can see the old cam.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:10:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in alaska and was wondering if any cameras seem to shine in cold weather such as 20 below zero.  Thanks for threads like these.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Any major changes into 2017?

Shopping simple kits
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 7:40:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Thought i would give an update on the Hikvision, still love the camera and they seem to still be the best bang for the buck.

This cat took my bike from the front porch and brought it back 9 minutes later.

Not the greatest face shot, and i dont know what pricepoint i would have to upgrade to to get better.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:51:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#9]
It's a 2.8mm dome, i had a 4mm bullet there but it seemed too tight.  I have since added a 2nd camera to get a 2nd angle going into the porch.  I have an extra 4mm ill swap it out and make sure i can get full coverage.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Sometimes you're better off with two cameras, a wider angle like what you have a second closer with a tighter frame...
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Wyze cam 2 and wyze cam pan are doing a good job on a budget.
Clear images and lots of features to give good converge and useability.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 1:17:36 AM EDT
[#12]
With Hikvision, Dahua, and probably all the other Chinese government owned camera companies exposed as security threats, what is the next best thing?
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:26:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Kilroytheknifesnob:
With Hikvision, Dahua, and probably all the other Chinese government owned camera companies exposed as security threats, what is the next best thing?
View Quote
I am curious to see the answer to this. Does reolink fall into same bucket?
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:39:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Firestarter123] [#14]
Originally Posted By FSAL:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FSAL:
Originally Posted By Kilroytheknifesnob:
I see no reason to stop using them.

Regardless of the brand the camera system should be put on its own VLAN and the cameras themselves should be blocked from all internet access (incoming and outgoing).

Hikvision cameras also don't "phone home" as long as you turn off Platform Access.  Reolink cameras do/did the last time I tested one and it couldn't be turned off.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#15]
So in that scenario, you would then be unable to remotely access your system to view security camera feeds on your phone or get push notifications to phone, correct? That's such a nice feature but certainly a security trade-off.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 2:44:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Had a couple Foscams a few years back, ditched them in a move.  Just got a few Wyze cameras up and talking to Blue Iris as a stop gap.

Is there a wyze-like option that connects via ethernet?  I'd like to reduce network congestion and improve security.
-- Cheap
-- Firmware not designed in China ideal
-- Reasonably good at pretty benign indoor scenes -- short distances, some ambient light

The best I've found are Dahua IPC K35 which run about 75 bucks and are from China, or refurb axis m10 series for 35 (which have old firmware and have terrible 640x480 resolution).

I just want a few basic low profile indoor cams, no PTZ, no crazy waterproofing.  Doesn't even need to be POE so long as it can send data on ethernet.  Seems like a big jump from the basic wyze at 20 bucks to K35s at 75.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I see no one has been on here in a few years. I'd like to see whats out there now. I'm looking for a decent system that doesn't need to be wi-fi connected. Just a 1-2 terabyte recorder would be great. Something that just records over itself after a month or two. I would like decent resolution.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By bruh44:
I see no one has been on here in a few years. I'd like to see whats out there now. I'm looking for a decent system that doesn't need to be wi-fi connected. Just a 1-2 terabyte recorder would be great. Something that just records over itself after a month or two. I would like decent resolution.
View Quote

I use Ubiquity G3 and G4 Pro’s with a cloud key recorder and 5TB drive(comes with 1TB standard).  Gives me about 60 days of storage.  It’s been rock solid for me and it’s all POE so just a single cable.  Night vision is great.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top