Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2017 12:21:05 PM EDT
Hello,

I currently have a Sig MCX, 556Xi, and have decided that I'm going to finally add an MPX to the stable. I have 2 questions;

1) Where is the best place to buy MPX mags? I scanned the first 2 pages of this forum and didn't see any discussions on it, so thought I'd ask.

2) The one I'm looking at is new with a manufacture date of October 2016. Any changes between then and now that would make me want to consider buying a later manufacturing date? I don't think so from what I can tell, but thought I'd ask the folks with experience with them.

Thanks!

Justin
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:43:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Gunmagwarehouse has Gen 1 MPX mags for 19.95 each. The Gen 1 mags work in the Gen 2 guns but not the other way around.

Gen 1 guns have the proprietary hand guards while Gen 2 guns have the keymod hand guards.

http://gunmagwarehouse.com/sig-sauer-mpx-9mm-30-round-magazine-1829.html
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 1:14:21 PM EDT
[#2]
My gen1 mags have been picky in my gen2 MPX.

YMMV
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#3]
If your MPX comes with a 20% off coupon, buy your mags from Sig.  They used to have a three pack that comes with a mag pouch for a decent price.  With the 20% off, it was a great deal.  I bought a retractable DB brace and 10 Gen 2 30 round mags for $599 when they had that combo and it was like getting the Gen2 mags for $39 a piece.

There have been no further updates than the Gen2.  If you have a keymod rail, you are good to go.  Only change is that you can now get MPXs with the retractable braces from the factory.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 4:06:28 PM EDT
[#4]
About 700 rounds through my gen 1 mags without issues.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks all so far!
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:02:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I used 2 different credit cards at gunmagwarehouse, and both were compromised. My citicard was used just this month in Florida. I wouldn't use them if they gave shit away for free.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#7]
At that price doesn't hurt to try them. Picked up 5 for now. Thanks all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top