Page / 69
Posted: 6/30/2017 3:37:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fourxfour]
Does not look too bad. I wonder if there will be an MPX version

https://youtu.be/UgyArFYkl3Q

https://www.instagram.com/sigsauerinc/
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks very nice.  If it is the same price, I may get one eventually.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#2]
So is this just a new rail, trigger and color mcx? Hopefully this isn't a new Gen already. I don't even have my mcx sbr out of jail yet.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#3]
so the next version of upgrades to mcx ,a gas buster charging handle a match trigger and folding stock. oh and its grey , not worth the extra 1000.00
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 7:49:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By skullzer02:
so the next version of upgrades to mcx ,a gas buster charging handle a match trigger and folding stock. oh and its grey , not worth the extra 1000.00
View Quote
Agreed, I saw some good deals on MCX's recently too.

Get a MCX
Lancer makes a rail
Trigger is your choice,
Color it however you want.
Spend the leftover $500 on a red dot.

Seems like they're trying to compete with high dollar LWRC rifles or something of the sort.

What they should have released is a run of "match grade, MOA guaranteed" barrels. People would have bought them up like crazy.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 9:52:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder how this new match trigger compares to the geissele they put in mine during the recall?

as for the rest of it, id rather have the Midwest handguard they just released but I may call them and see if I can buy one of the new charming handles. I run my MCX suppressed all the time and has reduced blowback compared to my other guns but it's still noticeable. 
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:19:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:

Get a MCX
Lancer makes a rail
Trigger is your choice,

Seems like they're trying to compete with high dollar LWRC rifles or something of the sort.

What they should have released is a run of "match grade, MOA guaranteed" barrels. People would have bought them up like crazy.
View Quote
There aren't many trigger choices for the MCX: stock, SIG or SSA.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:36:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Is this Gen 3? I have lost count.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 5:38:36 AM EDT
[#8]
You can also get a Midwest Industries M-LOK rail.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 7:01:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Get a MCX
Lancer makes a rail
Trigger is your choice,

Sell the CSASS submission and a 5.56 version and I'm in
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:40:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#10]
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:49:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

Looks more like a premium model. Like their Legion series for pistols.
View Quote
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. There has long been rumor of a Legion Series MCX. This might be it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:50:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpyHawk] [#12]
If anybody knows a distributor that will take pre-orders, let me know and I'll have my LGS contact them. I want one of these pretty bad.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 4:31:25 AM EDT
[#13]
I like it..if I had an extra 2k burning a hole in my pocket I'd probably be in for one.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:12:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I really like it. If I had the cash I would buy one and make my current MCX a dedicated 300 blk.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#15]
I can't even find the normal MCX listing on their home page, only the Vitrus.  Are they completely dropping the original MCX, and just going to be selling the higher priced model?  If so, WOW!

That would be so Sig.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:13:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By XeroSasEnchros:
I really like it. If I had the cash I would buy one and make my current MCX a dedicated 300 blk SBR.
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:16:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By willi3d:
I can't even find the normal MCX listing on their home page, only the Vitrus.  Are they completely dropping the original MCX, and just going to be selling the higher priced model?  If so, WOW!

That would be so Sig.
View Quote
As much as I like my MPX and the MCX's that I've shot, I'd have to agree.
I like sig products but I don't how they do crap like this.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#18]
You guys are right.. the original MCX is listed on their page but when you click on it you get a page not found. 
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:50:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By right_rudder:
You guys are right.. the original MCX is listed on their page but when you click on it you get a page not found. 
View Quote
Lol, instead of servicing and upgrading all the MCX's bcgs; they just simply discounted it.

(semi-joking)
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Lol, instead of servicing and upgrading all the MCX's bcgs; they just simply discounted it.

(semi-joking)
View Quote
I'm happy with mine (now) but wish I could buy that new gas buster charging handle. I kinda figured they would come out with an mlok rail when the mil chose it over keymod 
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 6:33:53 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
Must have been a server glitch, the pages show up for me now. For example here's the FDE Pistol.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 7:19:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Go to "view all" then the MCX is there.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#23]
I have a regular MCX and I must say its a solid gun.

I may upgrade to a Geisseli trigger but the gun is a great shooter
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SpyHawk:

Must have been a server glitch, the pages show up for me now. For example here's the FDE Pistol.
View Quote
If they ever release that FDE pistol I will have to get one.  

Ughhh I am sick of waiting
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By MONGO45:
I have a regular MCX and I must say its a solid gun.

I may upgrade to a Geisseli trigger but the gun is a great shooter
View Quote
I agree, I form 1ed mine and its become my favorite gun so far.. I'm gonna call Sig later today and ask a few questions, one of them is about the trigger they installed during the recall.
The midwest Mlok rail is on my short list of things to add but I consider this "build" complete.. Its a great little shooter now. 
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By simplefolk:

There aren't many trigger choices for the MCX: stock, SIG or SSA.
View Quote
Doesn't the MCX break SSA triggers? That's why G put out their special version last week.

I think the MBT's are working ok.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
Doesn't the MCX break SSA triggers? That's why G put out their special version last week.

I think the MBT's are working ok.
View Quote
They just came out with a MCX specific trigger
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 12:43:01 PM EDT
[#28]
They just came out with a MCX specific trigger
View Quote
Right. It's a complete redesign.
https://geissele.com/super-mxc-ssa-trigger.html

I just noticed, G appears to have misnamed the link, lol.

It's also not compatible with the MPX. I would like to know what causes the incompatibility. The beefed up MCX-SSA seems like it would be a good fit for 9mm AR builds.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 2:37:43 AM EDT
[#29]
I called Sig today, the trigger they put in the MCX during the recall is their "match" trigger that's in the virtus. 
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 6:54:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Do we have any particular info yet? Is there anything different about the gas system or is the rail just relieved so the shooter can adjust it with a finger?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#31]
I also would like to know more about the finish. Is it cerakote? PVD? Something else?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 11:34:56 PM EDT
[#32]
will it still jam if its been dropped in a puddle of water ?
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 2:57:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By PolishX:
will it still jam if its been dropped in a puddle of water ?
View Quote
Have you ever dropped your MCX in a puddle, to see if there's any validation to the claims?
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 6:45:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 11:59:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Did alot of research between the mcx and the 516 and am going with the 516.

Only advantages for the mcx are lighter weight and quick barrel/caliber changes, not enough to make me bite, at least know the ones buds is blowing out for $1300+.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:08:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#36]
Crapper.

I was really starting to enjoy my MCX and now it is obsolescent.

Multiple improvements that do not appear to be backwards compatible:

1) Different upper with a shorter top rail that is no longer scalloped (standard pic contour)
2) Different front end (M-Lok) that does not look like it will fit the old upper
3) Different gas system that is longer and sits further down the barrel
4) Different barrel contour

This is a bit frustrating to say the least.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 3:01:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Maersk:
Did alot of research between the mcx and the 516 and am going with the 516.

Only advantages for the mcx are lighter weight and quick barrel/caliber changes, not enough to make me bite, at least know the ones buds is blowing out for $1300+.
View Quote
There's also the MCX feature where high wear points on the receiver are replaceable inserts, like where the charging handle latches, and bolt cam pin area of the receiver.  Of course, knowing Sig who knows if replacement inserts are actually available.  Also, the MCX stock can be folded as it doesn't use a buffer tube.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By E4W:
Crapper.

I was really starting to enjoy my MCX and now it is obsolescent.

Multiple improvements that do not appear to be backwards compatible:

1) Different upper with a shorter top rail that is no longer scalloped (standard pic contour)
2) Different front end (M-Lok) that does not look like it will fit the old upper
3) Different gas system that is longer and sits further down the barrel
4) Different barrel contour

This is a bit frustrating to say the least.
Where are you seeing that they're incompatible? I haven't seen anything like that in any of the releases.

1 and 3 don't look like there's been any changes.

2 and 4 look like upgraded features that should be compatible with the standard receivers.
View Quote
Not sure about the barrels but the hand guards are definitely not cross compatible. The top rail on the receiver of the Virtus is a different length vis-à-vis the legacy MCX.  you can tell by the fact that the cut outs for the
gas system adjustment are now on the hand guard instead of the upper itself. This will allow for more versatility in barrel and gas system length but will prevent hand guards from being exchanged between the two.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#39]
TCBA_Joe why are you editing my post rather than responding to it? I circled the stuff I did not write and you can see that you are the last one who edited it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 6:30:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 6:31:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 7:28:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Not sure what is different but I called yesterday to check on the G marked FPS's and they rep said the bolts were different from the MCX.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:09:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By mark5pt56:
Not sure what is different but I called yesterday to check on the G marked FPS's and they rep said the bolts were different from the MCX.
View Quote
Lol, the rep I spoke to yesterday said the bcg and upper internals were the same as the standard mcx.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:15:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

Where are you seeing that they're incompatible? I haven't seen anything like that in any of the releases.

1 and 3 don't look like there's been any changes.

2 and 4 look like upgraded features that should be compatible with the standard receivers.
View Quote
Watch the video - the fixed top rail that is part of the upper forging is substantially shorter than the current MCX. Stop the Sig video at 2:26 and you can see where the top rail ends and the forend starts. The MCX forend attaches to the rails in that extended top rail. How are you thinking they would be compatible if that interface is no longer the same? The gas system parts may be the same - but in the pictures it looks to be further down the barrel - which indicates a different length piston/opp rod and/or a different carrier assembly.

I agree you can think of the new forend and heavier barrel as upgrades. However, the new forend is not likely to be compatible and if the gas system is different I am not sure if the barrel will be either. In addition heavier isn't always better - I like how light the current gun is. I am all for upgrades, but it looks like I will need to buy one of the new rifles to get them. That I do not like.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By E4W:

Watch the video - the fixed top rail that is part of the upper forging is substantially shorter than the current MCX. Stop the Sig video at 2:26 and you can see where the top rail ends and the forend starts. The MCX forend attaches to the rails in that extended top rail. How are you thinking they would be compatible if that interface is no longer the same? The gas system parts may be the same - but in the pictures it looks to be further down the barrel - which indicates a different length piston/opp rod and/or a different carrier assembly.

I agree you can think of the new forend and heavier barrel as upgrades. However, the new forend is not likely to be compatible and if the gas system is different I am not sure if the barrel will be either. In addition heavier isn't always better - I like how light the current gun is. I am all for upgrades, but it looks like I will need to buy one of the new rifles to get them. That I do not like.
View Quote
It's kinda irritating especially if the older model just gets discontinued and no support.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:03:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By XeroSasEnchros:

It's kinda irritating especially if the older model just gets discontinued and no support.
View Quote
That would Piss me off. 
I can see 5 years down the road, it being a major pain getting parts with so many variations of the same rifle 
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#47]
I called Sig CS yesterday and asked about the Virtus.

They said it should be shipping in about a month and that it does in fact represent the new generation.

They said any back orders for the FDE MCX will be upgraded to the FDE Virtus.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:22:37 AM EDT
[#48]
I don't even have my factory SBR out of jail before new version is released. Oh well. As long as lowers are compatible I might buy Virtus as a pistol to keep them in different configurations. One 300blk, one 5.56.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By AKDoc:
I don't even have my factory SBR out of jail before new version is released. Oh well. As long as lowers are compatible I might buy Virtus as a pistol to keep them in different configurations. One 300blk, one 5.56.
View Quote
Don't feel bad, i haven't had my form 1 SBR complete for a solid month yet
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 3:59:24 PM EDT
[#50]
That is the issue folks have, inconsistent information about the platform. I just want to buy some spare parts to have on hand.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 69
Sig MCX Virtus (Page 1 of 69)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top