Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2017 9:59:18 AM EDT
In the position to obtain a very low round count rifle with a Trijicon TA33G-H optic. Being a Sig enthusiasts, I probably won't pass on purchasing it. My question is that, should this be a regular shooting rifle or should it just see limited use? Others on this board have mentioned Sig has seemed to drop support for this platform and parts could be difficult to obtain. I would be disappointed not to be able to use it if it indeed broke down and just left with a parts rifle.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 8:01:47 PM EDT
[#1]
They didn't seem to drop it they did drop it.

I like mine and it has never failed me so i'm not worried about it breaking.

I'd be fine if it was my only 5.56 rifle.

Link Posted: 6/6/2017 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#2]
If the price is right, buy it, and shoot it all you want. If it breaks a part the Swiss Arms (SAN) models also use, then it can be ordered from Switzerland through JDI (sanswissarms.com), but yes it'll take a long time to receive probably.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:35:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't wait to shoot it now that I have it. I plan on calling Sig tomorrow to ask if any parts kits are available to purchase.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 2:33:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't wait to shoot it now that I have it. I plan on calling Sig tomorrow to ask if any parts kits are available to purchase.
View Quote
Lol.  Good luck with that.
What model was the NATO swat classic by the way?

At least you got an ACOG with it but it really is not a good fit on the SIG.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 2:52:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Let us know how that goes... 
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:33:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I rely on my SAN 551LB and my 553 as my main rifles. I've never had any kind of failure and these weapons have a pretty good reputation in military service. You can buy more spares than you think. I have a spare complete bolt, extra recoil springs etc. You can get this stuff from Gatewood Supply without having to wait months. The only parts I've not seen are small parts for the lower receiver but then..I've never heard of these breaking. You can buy a complete lower however.

As to the ACOG, not sure why it would not be a "fit" on the SIG. Whenever Ive seen SIG military rifles, they seem to all have ACOGs when equipped with optics. Swiss Spec Ops, French Naval Commandos etc.  I have a small ACOG on my 551 and it works well.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 3:47:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As to the ACOG, not sure why it would not be a "fit" on the SIG.
View Quote
Are you high?  Because your acog really is.

As for military use seriously like what other options do soldiers have other than what they give them.

Edit - I sound like an ass & I apologize

Enjoy your new rifle
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I plan on calling Sig customer support tonorrow with my fingers crossed for any good news. I find it difficult to believe that they would no longer carry any parts for a rifle that only been out of production for several years. As far as the Trijicon goes, it fits really well when shouldering the rifle and is a natural fit. I will take a picture of it and post it this evening,  if I ever escape work. As far as I know it's a standard 556 Nato Swat Classic rifle.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#9]
IDK of any "NATO" Swat Classic.

My upper receiver is exactly stamped :

SIG 556 5.56 NATO, SIG SAUER INC., EXETER NH, USA

I take it as

(Model) SIG 556
(Caliber) 5.56 NATO

Let us know if they have some available parts!
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
IDK of any "NATO" Swat Classic.

My upper receiver is exactly stamped :

SIG 556 5.56 NATO, SIG SAUER INC., EXETER NH, USA

I take it as

(Model) SIG 556
(Caliber) 5.56 NATO

Let us know if they have some available parts!
View Quote
I shoot the hell out of mine!

Congrats on the new gun, I absolutely love the Sigs, mine is very accurate, and 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Are you high?  Because your acog really is.

As for military use seriously like what other options do soldiers have other than what they give them.

Edit - I sound like an ass & I apologize

Enjoy your new rifle
View Quote
No but I am a combat vet, are you?
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 12:01:03 AM EDT
[#12]
The 556s have always had a high sighting position.  The problem is that the original 551 stock used was designed for the Swiss 55x, which at the time had a lower profile diopter rear sight welded directly to the top of the receiver and no top rail.  The 556 Classics used the same stock, but then added a rail on top of the receiver, and then added clamp on diopters on top of that, so the 556 sight is considerable higher than Swiss 55x sight.

Sig "fixed" the cheek weld issue by adding a removable cheekpiece on the 556xi stock.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 12:05:43 AM EDT
[#13]
This is the picture of the rifle as I got it. It came with the SigSauer rubber rail guards and the Trijicon I believe is considered a compact ACOG, it came with Butler Creek flip up caps, which is nice. I don't have to strain to look threw it or cant my head at an odd angle. I understand it's a Sig556, per the user manual downloaded from SigSauer and that it's chambered in 5.56x45MM. I believe that this rifle according to Sig was the "Swat Classic", that's  the only reason I called it that. I thought about removing the ACOG and putting it on another AR but my eyes have started to age so magnified optics help, even though the iron sights seem pretty impressive.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 4:33:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Looks nice.  Glad that high sighting position works for you.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 5:31:09 AM EDT
[#15]
I love my SIG 556 SBR. Heavy, but a great gun.

And the TA33 is easily one of the best ACOGs made IMO.

Great pic up OP.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#16]
It's a first for me, purchasing a rifle and not needing to buy any other accesory for it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 1:57:59 AM EDT
[#17]
looks like mine but I have the non adjustable side folder. I actually hate mine
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top