Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2017 7:56:08 PM EDT
Has anybody received a match grade trigger for their MCX from the bolt carrier exchange? I just got mine and I cant wait to try it out. It is a two stage system and the hammer has a nice SIG logo. It looks like all the parts are MIM.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine is en route.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you have to call to get it sent?

I've been out of the loop on this.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not really all that great. Better than the stock trigger but not as nice IMO as the geissele I had in there.

Did you have your bolt carrier assembly replaced? If you were running a different trigger they would send you this new one if your old was incompatible.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I called and asked for one.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's not really all that great. Better than the stock trigger but not as nice IMO as the geissele I had in there.

Did you have your bolt carrier assembly replaced? If you were running a different trigger they would send you this new one if your old was incompatible.
View Quote
I had a CMC 3.5 that wasn't compatible. So I put the stock trigger in it when I sent back the assembly.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:15:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine was replaced with the Giselle trigger... anyone know what trigger they used?

is this match trigger different then that one?
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 12:38:55 AM EDT
[#7]
The new trigger has the sig logo on the hammer. It could be made by geissele since the manufacturing method looks similar. But it doesn't follow the design of a regular geissele trigger.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:39:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Has anyone compared the new Sig with Giesele that was installed during the recall. 

just wondering if it's an upgrade from that or not?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I just wonder sometimes what Sig is doing. I replaced my MCX trigger with the Geissele SSA-E. It has ran with no issues at all, then I get the recall notice, call Sig and tell them I replaced the trigger and told them what kind, they tell me to send the whole rifle back in, which I did with the SSA-E trigger still in it. They send rifle back with upgraded BCG and the SSA-E still in it. With a work order attached stating the gunsmith "Performed mandatory carriage assembly upgrade with Firing Pin Lock for Geissele SSA trigger, function test and test fired with no malfunctions."

So that tells me that Sig is ok with the Geissele SSA series trigger.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:42:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just wonder sometimes what Sig is doing. I replaced my MCX trigger with the Geissele SSA-E. It has ran with no issues at all, then I get the recall notice, call Sig and tell them I replaced the trigger and told them what kind, they tell me to send the whole rifle back in, which I did with the SSA-E trigger still in it. They send rifle back with upgraded BCG and the SSA-E still in it. With a work order attached stating the gunsmith "Performed mandatory carriage assembly upgrade with Firing Pin Lock for Geissele SSA trigger, function test and test fired with no malfunctions."

So that tells me that Sig is ok with the Geissele SSA series trigger.
View Quote
I told them I had a SSA, and they didn't make me send the entire gun in.  Just did the carrier exchange.  They just make sure to send the carrier with the G stamped firing pin block, which is designed to work with the Geissele hammer.  That appears to be the only aftermarket trigger that Sig specifically supports.  If you sent the gun it with any aftermarket trigger OTHER that a Geissele, they would replace it, from what people have said.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top