Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2017 2:54:37 PM EDT
Inhave a CZ Scorpion pistol with shockwave blade. Its a great little shooter.

Ive always had my eyes on a mpx. It to me looks sexy.

My plans are just to get the collapsible brace. No suppresssor just brace.

Worth the $$$$?
Or go with maybe a kriss vector 9mm gen 2?
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one and it is an awesome gun to shoot, even after 10k rounds through it.   Of the people I have let shoot it, most ended up buying one.  If you want to go the brace route, you should also look at the B&T APC9.   https://www.rainierarms.com/b-t-apc9-pistol-w-brace-9mm-10180/

Link Posted: 5/8/2017 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I love my MPX and actually just recently traded my Kriss Vector .45 Gen 2 towards and X95. I won't be getting rid of my MPX.

The only downside in my opinion to the MPX is the expensive proprietary mags. At least the Gen 2 guns can run Gen 1 mags which are significantly cheaper.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#3]
MPX also needs some better trigger options. That said, enjoy mine quite a bit.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:49:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Larue Tactical MBT trigger in mine with about 5k rounds through it so far without a problem.  Already 1k more rounds than the SSA lasted..

Keep an eye out at Palmetto State Armory and Gun Magazine Warehouse for Gen 2 mags.  I have picked up a number for around $25 when they go on sale.   
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:25:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Most mags are proprietary.  I think this idea of having every mag the same essentially just gives us the same gun. Look at car inovations. Fords and Toyota don't share parts with BMW and Fiat.  They all take gas, have pedals, and move us places but that's it.

I encourage inovation. I'm glad everything doesn't take 1911 mags and M1 clips.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:59:12 PM EDT
[#6]
You will not be disappointed in the MPX.  Target acquisition is about as fast as it gets.  Good accuracy for a sub gun. Very Ambidextrous, I'm a left eye dominant lefty shooter, and the features are much appreciated.  I think I might have 800 rounds through it, no problems.  I have mine with the folding brace and it fits in a LA Police Gear diaper bag with no issues, and is extremely quick to deploy once you figure out the brace(pressure has to be applied perfect, but becomes second nature).  I run a SD3G trigger in mine, and haven't had any issues even though I have heard others have.  If the trigger gets messed up I'll just put a new one in it, worth every penny.  Glad I didn't SBR it, glad for the new ATF letter out muahaha.

EDIT:  And Yes, it is super sexy.  Everyone who has fingered or shot mine has drooled over it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#7]
In this case, since the OP mentioned the Kriss Vector 9mm, I was referring to proprietary magazines vs. the Vector using Glock mags.

My own fault for not making that clear in my original post.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most mags are proprietary.  I think this idea of having every mag the same essentially just gives us the same gun. Look at car inovations. Fords and Toyota don't share parts with BMW and Fiat.  They all take gas, have pedals, and move us places but that's it.

I encourage inovation. I'm glad everything doesn't take 1911 mags and M1 clips.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Just found a local deal.

Gen 2 mpx pistol $1000.. Low round count under 400... What u guys think? I think its a hell of a deal. Im gonna pick it up tomorrow. Anything to look for? I figured its so new there shouldnt be any issues
Thanks all
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Has it been confirmed that a gen 2 mpx can run reliably with gen 1 mags?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#10]
$1000, good deal.
Yes Gen1 mags work fine. The official word from Sig is that they will not guarantee operation.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#11]
nice

from what i read. the reason why the gen 1 mags were giving issues to the gen 2 mpx was b/c the spring tension was to stiff. Eventually the spring tension will loosen up. Keep the mags loaded... cut a coil etc.etc.

Can't wait! ill post back tomorrow once I have it in my hands!

Also from what I've researched there seems to be 2 versions of the gen 2. an earlier one and the more recent ones... EArlier gen 2 came with sights and a sling.... New ones do NOT. Luckily for me, this is an earlier gen 2 model.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:14:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I had both, but sold my evo.

No regrets. The MPX is an awesome gun, and I really don't care about caliber swaps or the lack thereof.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:16:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have a Larue Tactical MBT trigger in mine with about 5k rounds through it so far without a problem.  Already 1k more rounds than the SSA lasted..

Keep an eye out at Palmetto State Armory and Gun Magazine Warehouse for Gen 2 mags.  I have picked up a number for around $25 when they go on sale.   
View Quote
+1

Keep your eye out, and you can find good deals.

They don't last long when you run into them, so be ready to buy!
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Ha! Got my mpx pistol!

Now to find the brace and deals for gen 2 mags
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:31:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
nice

from what i read. the reason why the gen 1 mags were giving issues to the gen 2 mpx was b/c the spring tension was to stiff. Eventually the spring tension will loosen up. Keep the mags loaded... cut a coil etc.etc.

Can't wait! ill post back tomorrow once I have it in my hands!

Also from what I've researched there seems to be 2 versions of the gen 2. an earlier one and the more recent ones... EArlier gen 2 came with sights and a sling.... New ones do NOT. Luckily for me, this is an earlier gen 2 model.
View Quote
This was my experience with the Gen 1 mags and Gen 2 MPX. The mags needed a bit of use before they functioned well in the MPX.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#16]
About to buy 3 gen 1 mags for the price of 1 gen 2 mag... Crazy
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:34:12 PM EDT
[#17]
For my Gen 2 mags, I need to fully load them and let them sit for two weeks for them to work correctly
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#18]
If you want Gen 1, three 30 round + pouch for $59.99

http://gunmagwarehouse.com/sig-mpx-gmw-holiday-kit-triple-mag-pouch-with-3-30-round-magazines.html 

Kit Includes:
1x Sig Sauer MPX Triple Mag Pouch (SKU: MAGP-MPX-BLK)
3x GEN 1 30-Round Magazines (SKU: MAG-MPX-30)
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#19]
You will love the MPX. It freaking recoils like a BB gun.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:54:15 PM EDT
[#20]
If you want the KAK brace... their MPX mount is a great fit. Sort of tight but went on with e few very gentle taps with the handle of a screwdriver. It fits their buffer tube very nicely.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:01:24 PM EDT
[#21]
I got a deal they have on Prepper's Gun Shop where you get the SB Brace and 10 30 round Gen 2 magazines for $599.  That was a great deal as the brace alone was $200 so that made the mags $39 a piece.  

Quoted:
Ha! Got my mpx pistol!

Now to find the brace and deals for gen 2 mags
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top