Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2017 1:33:20 AM EDT
I got rid of my sig collapsible stock and am in the process of buying the LAGE  folding stock.

now im not moving off the lage stock but i cant decide which side to get the folder on.

so im trying to get some ideas.

left folding doesnt seem to block anything, but from the other folders ive had (ak etc) they usually fold on the right.

If i got the right folding, i would definetly be getting the 5 degree canted version that lage has to clear the ejection port.

i guess my main question is, if you had to choose. Would you go Left Fold or Right Fold (with the cant obviously)

thanks

ps..in case you are wondering. heres the pics from lages website..

right

Link Posted: 5/7/2017 7:09:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I had the SIG folding stock, which it actually quite good, and it folded to the left. I liked it as I could fire the weapon w/o unfolding the stock.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 7:23:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Changed from the telescoping to folding/adjustable length sig stock.  More width to plant the face on, much shorter and leave it adjusted to one length.  Leave it adjusted to the longest position that keeps it from contacting the hand guard. Yes it does have a slight amount of play in it.  Combined with 4.5 in barrel, K short hand guard and stock open sights, it be very compact package.

It also folds to left.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 7:46:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:14:16 AM EDT
[#4]
fold left. the right cant looks retarded, and blocks the trigger by the look of it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
fold left. the right cant looks retarded, and blocks the trigger by the look of it.
View Quote
you know i didnt think of the blocking trigger thing. good thought..
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a right folder with 5 degree cant. Great stock and for me very local (4 miles). So much better than the original colapsable. My finger still makes into the trigger guard if I want to shoot folded.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:20:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I like left-folding better since I am right handed.

Very easy to snap open as you move to shoulder
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top