Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2017 11:31:26 PM EDT
Has anyone been successful in beveling the detent cutouts on an MCX/MPX collapsible stock/brace so that it can be quickly pulled open without having to fumble with hitting the stock release button twice?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:30:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Not that I've seen, but that's an excellent idea. There are a few aftermarket stock "rod" makers. Maybe get a set and try...
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:43:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Sbx brace slides in and out when you depress the button and tilt the stock....locks right in place.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:52:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sbx brace slides in and out when you depress the button and tilt the stock....locks right in place.
View Quote
i hear you, i'm talking about being able to quickly pull on the "tail" of the butt-stock to extend the stock to its full position.   no pressing buttons or other small muscle stuff.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:46:38 AM EDT
[#4]
does it only have one length setting?  Seems stupid to pay that much and have one setting. Whaet if you have body armor on and want it shorter?

And no cheek rest?  

Would rather just have the side folding stock
am I missing something here?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
does it only have one length setting?  Seems stupid to pay that much and have one setting. Whaet if you have body armor on and want it shorter?

And no cheek rest?  

Would rather just have the side folding stock
am I missing something here?
View Quote
I've been trying to find one forever and I'm almost to the point of just getting a Lage side fold or fixed.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#6]
There are notches in rails.   So to make it stop locking, you have two Choices:   new rails with out notches-- or fill you existing notches with something like JB weld or get creative.

Personally I point it to the sky, push the button and it falls fully open.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top