Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2017 11:49:47 AM EDT
to remove the barrel from the gas block, I removed the 2 large pins , and barrel still stuck in gas block , am I missing something another pin? its a gen 2 barrel assembly 8in .?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I took mine off my taking a brass rod to the chamber end and banging it out of the gas block.  

Are you trying to replace it with the In Lead We Trust barrel?   If so, my recommendation is to let ILWT remove and install it in the gas block.  I did mine originally and used a vice to get the new barrel into the gas block and apparently I got it mis-aligned and damage to the alignment pin.  The barrel removal/install is not as easy as youtube video.  In my opinion its worth the extra cost for installation.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:01:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, the barrel will not come out like the one in the video, I haven't heard anyone yet say that theirs came out that easy. I used the block from ILWT to remove mine by holding factory barrel in a vise with plastic jaws and a direct thread mount flush up against the end of the jaws and banged on the block from ILWT a few times and the gas block came right off the barrel.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 5:26:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I do have a 12 ton press that I might just use to push out the barrel then, wasn't sure if I missed a small pin or something, I did see a small roll pin by the gas block plug area, I was asumeing that had to deal with the plug staying in place, or an I wrong and need to remove it before I press the barrel out??
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#4]
2 large pins on bottom is all you need to remove.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top