User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/9/2017 2:04:42 PM EDT
Title says it all
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:23:06 PM EDT
[#1]
What configuration do you mean by LVAW? The SBR version is shipping in 5.56 11inch barrels. (Mine should be at dealer monday). I have ordered a Sig 762QD can and currently waiting for 9inch 300blk barrel and suppressor hand guard which just started shipping last month. Essentially mine will be the LVAW version initially shown to media although I believe original had a 6 inch barrel which I have not seen for sale yet.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah im talking about the really short 300 blk version.  Im trying to decide between that or the aero precision verison but the LVAW is way more sexy.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 10:20:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah im talking about the really short 300 blk version.  Im trying to decide between that or the aero precision verison but the LVAW is way more sexy.
View Quote

Like the one on the right?!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:31:34 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

YES
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:31:03 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like the one on the right?!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/232800/IMG-4662-162622.JPG

Any idea on 6inch barrel availability?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Any idea on 6inch barrel availability?
View Quote

9" 300BO and 11.5" 556 are already shipping.  6.75" 300BO will come
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:17:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

9" 300BO and 11.5" 556 are already shipping.  6.75" 300BO will come
View Quote

But the main question is when?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 4:38:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

But the main question is when?
View Quote

Now? Here's a 6" 300 BLK kit up for auction on GunBroker:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/628874979
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:24:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Now? Here's a 6" 300 BLK kit up for auction on GunBroker:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/628874979
View Quote

Awesome. Id rather wait than pay GB prices but Im stoked to see them finally shipping.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:32:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Awesome. Id rather wait than pay GB prices but Im stoked to see them finally shipping.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2017 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#11]
YAY! f they are coming i think i might as well grab a MCX now and send in the paperwork now.  I hope that isnt just an sample barrel and Sig is really gonna put these out.  Anybody have any info on this?  Im getting excited now
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is the gun on the right with suppressor handguard a 6 inch?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Is the gun on the right with suppressor handguard a 6 inch?
View Quote

Referring to my pic?  

Yes, the gun on the right is a 6.75" 300BO with a 338Ti-QD can, so it looks a little longer.  Its the shortest with my SRD762 (shortest in our offerings - SRD762 is inconel direct thread) - Its a full 3.5+ inches shorter with the SRD762 (6.6" OAL) vs what you see there with the 338Ti-QD (10.5" OAL - plus some slight overlap with the QD mount).  Ill try to grab some pics of the SRD762 installed to post up.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:57:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Referring to my pic?  

Yes, the gun on the right is a 6.75" 300BO with a 338Ti-QD can, so it looks a little longer.  Its the shortest with my SRD762 (shortest in our offerings - SRD762 is inconel direct thread) - Its a full 3.5+ inches shorter with the SRD762 (6.6" OAL) vs what you see there with the 338Ti-QD (10.5" OAL - plus some slight overlap with the QD mount).  Ill try to grab some pics of the SRD762 installed to post up.
View Quote

Thanks for posting!  Really looking forward to those barrels coming out.  Can you tell us whats the overall length of barrel to suppressor with the thread on SRD762 by any chance?  I think thats the direction im going with the build, when i get the rifle.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thanks for posting!  Really looking forward to those barrels coming out.  Can you tell us whats the overall length of barrel to suppressor with the thread on SRD762 by any chance?  I think thats the direction im going with the build, when i get the rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Referring to my pic?  

Ill get some pics and measurements in the next day or so and post them up.

Let me know if there is anything else you want to see - others configs, etc
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:55:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

LVAW upper on an AR lower.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Im mostly interested in overall length with 6 inch barrel and 762Ti QD which is what my setup will be. Would like to see short and long hand guards.  I kinda wanted direct thread can but I got QD because thats what SS had in stock and I might want to use it other calibers down the road.

Also whats your opinion on Sig Echo Thermal?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok last one, are there still plans to come out with that SDish handguard you first showed with the LVAW?  i like that original handguard best out of the bunch. That really is one sexy rifle.  Looks like i have my next project spoken for, Barrett is gonna have to go on the backburner for a while.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Fde ever coming?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Im mostly interested in overall length with 6 inch barrel and 762Ti QD which is what my setup will be. Would like to see short and long hand guards.  I kinda wanted direct thread can but I got QD because thats what SS had in stock and I might want to use it other calibers down the road.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Roger.  I know I have some pics with the 762Ti-QD - ill find them and post momentarily.  

The ECHO1 is a great entry-level thermal.  Great price point and great return for that money.  Do you have specific questions about it?  Feel free to DM me, too.

Quoted:

LVAW upper on an AR lower.  

~Augee

Rgr.  Incoming

Quoted:
Fde ever coming?

This year.  Were getting everything shipping before starting on them, but they're coming.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Beware of the pic dump

Seriously, just snapped a bunch of pics that show comparison.  Let me know if you have a question about any of them.  Ill make a few notes on each one - also, a photog, I am not...  

6.75" 300BO with 762Ti-QD with SD compatible Carbine length hand guard ....

Attachment Attached File

...same setup as above, no hand guard...

Attachment Attached File

...Top = 11.5" 556 MCX, no suppressor.  Bottom = 6.75" 300BO, no suppressor, no hand guard - just for size comparison sake...

Attachment Attached File

... Top = 11.5" 556 MCX, no suppressor.  Bottom = 6.75" 300BO, 762Ti-QD suppressor, no hand guard - just for size comparison sake...

Attachment Attached File

... Top = 11.5" 556 MCX, 556Ti-QD suppressor.  Bottom = 6.75" 300BO, 762Ti-QD suppressor, no hand guard - just for size comparison sake...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Continued....

... Top = 11.5" 556 MCX, 556Ti-QD Suppressor.  Bottom = 6.75" 300BO MCX, 762Ti-QD suppressor, SD compatible Carbine length hand guard...

Attachment Attached File

... 6.75" 300BO MCX OAL, unfolded stock = 29 5/8"

Attachment Attached File

... just a close up of the measurement....

Attachment Attached File

... close up of the measurement of the complete rifle, with folded stock (sorry, forgot a full length pic)...

Attachment Attached File

... just another complete pic...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Continued....

... 6.75" 300BO MCX upper on Colt M4A1 Carbine Lower Receiver...

Attachment Attached File

... Top = 10.3" CQBR Rifle with SF SOCOM silencer.  Bottom = 6.75" 300BO MCX with 762Ti-QD silencer...

Attachment Attached File

... Top = 10.4" HK416 rifle with SF SOCOM silencer.  Bottom = 6.75" 300BO MCX with 762Ti-QD silencer...

Attachment Attached File

...Just random pieces of MCX kit....

Attachment Attached File

...And for S&G, I just posted this one on Instagram....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Thank you very much for all the pictures! Will there ever be a way to run a MCX upper on a SBR'd AR lower but also get the side folding stock? Will their be a stock adapter or will the AR have to use a traditional AR receiver extension?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:54:13 PM EDT
[#25]
coregon

Are the MCX recoil springs chrome silicon?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:58:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Coregon, thank you so much for the photos and info posting! Seriously im all in on this rifle now.  So much want in this thread.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Awesome thanks again for the posts. Been waiting for someone to have pics of my planned setup. Now Im even more excited to get mine.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#28]
This may be a good place to ask:

ive got a 16" MCX Patrol that I form 1ed and found a good deal on another 16" barrel that I plan to have cut

whats the shortest I can cut the barrel and still have it clear the hand guard that came with the 16" MCX?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This may be a good place to ask:

ive got a 16" MCX Patrol that I form 1ed and found a good deal on another 16" barrel that I plan to have cut

whats the shortest I can cut the barrel and still have it clear the hand guard that came with the 16" MCX?
View Quote

Do you want just the muzzle to poke out or the threaded part?

I got mine cut to 11", and could not flush mount anything wider than the handguard.   I say 12" is prob as short as you can go and still use factory rifle length HG.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Do you want just the muzzle to poke out or the threaded part?

I got mine cut to 11", and could not flush mount anything wider than the handguard.   I say 12" is prob as short as you can go and still use factory rifle length HG.
View Quote
Yeah I want the break outside the hand guard. 

Thanks for the reply, looks like I may have to go to the next size down on the hand guard (cabine length?)

i just sent my rifle to sig for the recall, I still need to engrave and have the new barrel cut.

I like the idea of having a 16" and a short barrel to swap between the lengths.

this summer I plan to get the 9" 300BO barrel as well.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Coregon, does the original LVAW have the thread on titanium suppressor or the regular inconel one?  If Ti, is there a reason you guys went with the bigger suppressor instead of the smaller one?  Maybe more sound suppression?  Thanks in advance for this.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Thank you very much for all the pictures! Will there ever be a way to run a MCX upper on a SBR'd AR lower but also get the side folding stock? Will their be a stock adapter or will the AR have to use a traditional AR receiver extension?
View Quote

In as this has my interest !
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:36:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
I would buy a kit with a 300BLK 6.5 upper and a stock adapter in a heartbeat!  I'm guessing 6 month to a year?  I figure they have to get the recall sitaution sorted out, get the adapter in full production, push out complete 6.5" sbr's and pistols, etc.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm not gonna lie, I don't really get the appeal of the 6.75" barrel unless you are a cloner or only shoot subsonic suppressed.

The ballistics just aren't there in terms of attainable velocity from that short of a barrel. Beyond the distance of an average house you're basically firing a very nice expanding pistol bullet.

You're getting, what, maybe 1950fps?

Now, if you are into subs, sure, it's fantastic. No wasted space.

Cool as it may be.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:07:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm not gonna lie, I don't really get the appeal of the 6.75" barrel unless you are a cloner or only shoot subsonic suppressed.

The ballistics just aren't there in terms of attainable velocity from that short of a barrel. Beyond the distance of an average house you're basically firing a very nice expanding pistol bullet.

Cool as it may be.
View Quote
This thread is about a semi-automatic version of the Low Visibility Assault Weapon variant of the MCX... I suspect that most folks interested in this specific variant fit into one or both categories.

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote
This is almost exactly the pair I want to eventually have.  

I had originally thought about commissioning a super-short HK416 barrel in 300BLK, but it seems like more work and expense than necessary, and like the SOCOM PDW which I'm sure Sig will tender some variation of the LVAW for, you would still run into the same OAL issues with the receiver extension.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:01:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Cool as it may be.
View Quote
Except when the guy is readily killing hogs at 220~ using supers with the 6.75" MCX posted above.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:22:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Except when the guy is readily killing hogs at 220~ using supers with the 6.75" MCX posted above.
View Quote
Don't get me wrong, that's good stuff, and it's definitely a slick setup. But with a 6.75" barrel you're only doing ~1425fps with Barnes 110gr at 220 yards. I never said you couldn't take a hog, or a terrorist, with pistol caliber ballistics, but the fact is that's basically what you've got.

It's an awesome setup for sure. For cloners or sub shooters definitely. Even shooting supers, but just be mindful of the performance envelope and it's all good.

I just want people to be aware of the performance envelope with this setup and have realistic expectations and adjust accordingly.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:52:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Don't get me wrong, that's good stuff, and it's definitely a slick setup. But with a 6.75" barrel you're only doing ~1425fps with Barnes 110gr at 220 yards. I never said you couldn't take a hog, or a terrorist, with pistol caliber ballistics, but the fact is that's basically what you've got.

It's an awesome setup for sure. For cloners or sub shooters definitely. Even shooting supers, but just be mindful of the performance envelope and it's all good.

I just want people to be aware of the performance envelope with this setup and have realistic expectations and adjust accordingly.
View Quote
For something so short its about equal to a 12" AR but also can shoot subs besides being extremely compact.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:29:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

For something so short its about equal to a 12" AR but also can shoot subs besides being extremely compact.
View Quote
I'm an MCX fan, and a .300blk supporter, but a 6.75" .300blk is more like a 10.5" than a 12" 5.56x45 in terms of muzzle energy, but with much greater penetration.

In terms of comparing the LVAW to, a Mk18 for example, the LVAW outperforms it in pretty much every way plus you get subs.

But even then, both platforms have a very specific performance envelope they operate in.

.300blk does benefit from longer barrels, and rsilvers has posted this many times on many forums.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This is almost exactly the pair I want to eventually have.  

I had originally thought about commissioning a super-short HK416 barrel in 300BLK, but it seems like more work and expense than necessary, and like the SOCOM PDW which I'm sure Sig will tender some variation of the LVAW for, you would still run into the same OAL issues with the receiver extension.  

~Augee
View Quote
Is there any more info on who / what rifles are being submitted for the SOCOM PDW?   almost any config of rifles i've seen is still way too long per the spec.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#42]
If you read the specs on what they are asking for, it is written for the MCX conversion kit

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&tab=core&id=09f78d7e84c745853607ecc571c0003c&_cview=0
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:20:38 PM EDT
[#43]
is the MCX with the stock folded/collapsed and a 6.75" barrel less than 17 inches total?   i thought it was much more than that...and that is the stated FBO requirement.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 1:00:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I would buy a kit with a 300BLK 6.5 upper and a stock adapter in a heartbeat!  I'm guessing 6 month to a year?  I figure they have to get the recall sitaution sorted out, get the adapter in full production, push out complete 6.5" sbr's and pistols, etc.  
http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/FullSizeRender-440x470.jpg
View Quote
Where can I get that adapter?
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 3:59:37 AM EDT
[#45]
@coregon

Would it by any chance be possible to get a photograph of the LVAW with a non-Ti SRD762, which I understand are shorter than the Ti versions?  

Preferably in comparison to the HK416 or another 10.x" suppressed AR?  

I'm interested in seeing how much OAL (not counting stock folding) you could potentially lose.

Thanks,
~Augee
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:07:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
@coregon

Would it by any chance be possible to get a photograph of the LVAW with a non-Ti SRD762, which I understand are shorter than the Ti versions?  

I'm interested in seeing how much OAL (not counting stock folding) you could potentially lose.

Thanks,
~Augee
View All Quotes
Quoted:
@coregon

Thanks,
~Augee
@Augee

Rgr.  Give me a couple of days and it won't be an issue.  

Ill grab some of all 4 of the 762 offerings (SRD762, SRD762-QD, SRD762Ti, SRD762Ti-QD).  Ill take them all in comparison to 10.4" 416, 10.3" CQBR and Mk18.

Let me know if there are other requests

Quoted:
is the MCX with the stock folded/collapsed and a 6.75" barrel less than 17 inches total?   i thought it was much more than that...and that is the stated FBO requirement.
Ill get you these measurements, too.

Quoted:
Coregon, does the original LVAW have the thread on titanium suppressor or the regular inconel one?  If Ti, is there a reason you guys went with the bigger suppressor instead of the smaller one?  Maybe more sound suppression?  Thanks in advance for this.
It's a model that isn't available on the commercial market.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:25:39 AM EDT
[#47]
"It's a model that isn't available on the commercial market."

Is that the one with the bulge in it?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 12:25:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Awesome, appreciate it and looking forward to it!

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 12:28:46 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm still waiting on my MCX recall kit ....
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#50]
First off, you'll have to excuse any mess you may see - my shop is a complete mess right now, I'm in the middle of re-finishing my office, re-organizing/re-arranging some shelving and rebuilding a Polaris Ranger

I will break this up into a couple of posts again, just for organization's sake.

6.75" MCX in 300BO with SRD762-QD (Inconel 762) and no hand guard

Attachment Attached File

6.75" MCX in 300BO with SRD762-QD (Inconel 762) and SD hand guard

Attachment Attached File

6.75" MCX in 300BO with SRD762-QD (Inconel 762) and no hand guard - measured with stock folded

Attachment Attached File

6.75" MCX in 300BO with SRD762-QD (Inconel 762) and no hand guard - measured with stock unfolded

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top