Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2017 9:30:26 PM EDT
Trying to decide my next rifle. I am considering a MCX. What kind of price do they bring on the used market? For those that own them, do you like them better than your AR's? Should I just skip a Sig rifle and get something like a Daniel Defense or BCM?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:35:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Look at all the problems Sig is having with the MCX. Mandatory recall.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:25:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look at all the problems Sig is having with the MCX. Mandatory recall.
View Quote

The verdict is still out on the MCX. This recall looks like Sig covering themselves because a couple of idiots had slam fires probably on reloads.

What are all the problems Sig is having with it?

I am not defending Sigs screw ups of the recent decade or so but I think they may have got the MCX right.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#3]
New rifles are shipping with the upgraded bolt carrier group

I picked mine up a couple months back.

I own LaRue, Noveske, BCM, Colt, LWRCi and FN Scar.

The MCX is a solid rifle, good design, ergonomic, accurate and at about 300-400 round its been 100% reliable.

I liked it because it was light, different (easily swap stocks) and I'm running it with fixed irons only since I've got optics on all other guns.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Seems you have other rifles so if you just want something different then I wouldn't discourage you from the MCX. I would wait another couple months if you could and see how this new carrier is holding up for people, or get something else like the DD or bcm. With all the proprietary parts and lack of spare parts sig seems to have, you risk being without your rifle for a good portion of time if something fails.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seems you have other rifles so if you just want something different then I wouldn't discourage you from the MCX. I would wait another couple months if you could and see how this new carrier is holding up for people, or get something else like the DD or bcm. With all the proprietary parts and lack of spare parts sig seems to have, you risk being without your rifle for a good portion of time if something fails.
View Quote

I have another AR but it was one I built. It is a good rifle but it is low end. I stopped by the LGS and picked up DDM4v7.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top