Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/15/2017 5:57:10 AM EDT
I didn't find a topic in here on this so I hope this helps those of you out looking for MPX barrels.  In Lead We Trust

Robert Otte is the owner of this company and a top notch guy! I've already got a 4.5" barrel from him for my Gen 2 along with the vise block and it works great! Barrel is top notch and had no issues removing and installing into factory gas block. I am now on the waiting list for one of his gas blocks to put my 8" factory barrel in so I can change back and forth when I want too! There is a lot of guys on the Facebook MPX owners that have also ordered and installed his barrels and he has done extensive testing himself on his own MPX's and the barrels are working out great and no where near the cost of Sig barrels which aren't even out yet. He is now in the process of making Gen 1 barrels and also opening up the gas port opening on the Gen 2 barrels and gas blocks if you want. Check him out, you won't be disappointed and if interested you better preorder because he is selling as fast as he can make them.

I have talked to Robert several times over the phone and through emails and he great to work with and will answer any question you have! I highly recommend, you won't be sorry!

Brian
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Suhweet.... They offer a Gen 1 with machined 3-Lug and gas block... WOOT!!

Edit...wait..thought it was a true drop in....what does this mean:  "All that is required, is removing the factory quick-disconnect gas-blow-off assembly and installing it in your new ILWT bbl/gas-block assembly."

Edit 2:  Per Rob, you will still need the Tappet and Gas Valve (as shown below) with the In Lead We Trust Gen 1 Barrel:

Link Posted: 2/16/2017 3:33:51 AM EDT
[#2]
wrong
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:50:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Do what I am doing, order the gas valve and tappet from Sig. Now you have 2 complete barrels for you MPX, truly drop in. And the reason he is not making the gas valve and tappet, is because he is working on an adjustable gas block. Yes, it will be down the road but once he gets it made and test it, we may have an adjustable gas block for the MPX.

Gas valve and tappet from Sig is $179.00
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#4]
$179 for the tappet and gas valve... Yikes.   However, the machined 3-Lug 4.5" barrel is very compelling.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Not surprised that it's $179 from sig for those 2 small parts.

I am very interested in this ILWTbarrel but waiting on my can and more reviews
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:25:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Would anyone else be interested in an 8" with integral machined 3-lug (Gen1)?  I'd like to lose the extra length of my current adapter, but stay at the same OAL if possible....
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:04:42 PM EDT
[#7]
8" seems about right to me, I want to get an MPX pistol as a suppressor host and I like the 8" length.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I tried to order tappet and plug and sig rep didn't want to sell to me cause I wasn't a sig authorized armorer .
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#9]
That is weird. I called got part number for the Gen 2 which is 1810577-R an ordered it. Got an email later on that day for order confirmation. Try calling Ryan Gagneux he is who I normally deal with on ordering anything. Direct number is 1-866-619-1128, he is hard to get a hold of at times. The part is actually called Gas Valve Sub Assy according to my order details. It was not in stock, which I figured knowing how Sig is, but he said backorder wouldn't take long to ship.

As for reviews on the barrel from ILWT, I got the 4.5" with the tri-lug mount and 1/2 x28 threads with factory gas port opening and my Ghost M and Omega 9K tri-lug mount works solid on the barrel and shoots great. I have shot 115, 127 and 145 grain and no issues cycling at all. 165gr Hush ammo still doesn't do good in it, but had same results in the factory 8" barrel on the Hush ammo, but was told from Ryan @Sig that they do not recommend any Hush ammo in the MPX at all, but that is another whole story. Also, my MPX is still new, not even 200 rounds through it yet, so Robert suggested I run the BCG wet and get some rounds through it to break the MPX in then try the Hush 165gr ammo if still not cycling and if I wanted I could send barrel back to him and he would open gas port up. If I am correct with my numbers the factory port on the Gen 2 is .045 and few shops have been opening them up to .055-.060, they seem that is the magic number. Also, Robert @ILWT has ordered a few thousand rounds of Hush ammo to do some testing on the Gen2 MPX to see what issues people are getting because there is a lot on the Facebook group page complaining with cycling issues using Hush 165gr in the Gen 2.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:05:23 PM EDT
[#10]
This is excellent, I was going to get one of their 4.5" 3 lug barrels, but I am going to wait for an adjustable gas block version. This way I can swap out for the factory 8" when I feel like it. What an enterprising company ILWT is!
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:29:31 PM EDT
[#11]
so you ordered the  tappet and gas valve, where you also able to order the gas block itself as well?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:18:19 AM EDT
[#12]
No, I wasn't going to order gas block from Sig, I am getting gas block from ILWT once he gets those made.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:32:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I have one of the ILWT 4.5in barrels with the machined in three lug and couldn't be happier! Great company and great customer service.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Update, just received notice from Sig that my Gas Valve Sub Assy has shipped from Sig with tracking number says will be here Monday 27. Once I get it will post what all it came with.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 8:08:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Ok, received gas valve sub assy but did not come with piston, so contacted Sig back and they said it was suppose to that they would ship me one. Got order invoice in email for piston so here is both part numbers.

Piston - 1810015-R
Gas Valve Sub Assy - 1810577-R

Also, will state that new gas valve sub assy is adjusted different then the one that came in my factory 8" barrel/gas block. The one that came in my MPX on the front side of gas valve it is screwed in flush, the extra one I bought has about 2 threads sticking out, I haven't had time to throw it in and test to see if it performs any different as I am also waiting on my Form 4 to be approved from June 6 of last year.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 5:43:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I ordered one of their barrels on the 18th and had a couple of nice emails with Rob.  Seemed like a nice guy.  On the 24th I get this email stating that they are having an issue with manufacturing due to a death in the family and other reasons and if you wanted a refund to let them know.  They also said in the email that they would be sending out another email to all those who pre-ordered with a half hour of that email.  I send them back an email saying that the delay was cool, just keep me informed and that I was sorry for their loss.

I got no other emails from them so I shoot one to Rob on the 28th asking if my order was one that was delayed.  He sends me back an email canceling my order!  Wait, what?  I never asked for my order to be canceled or a refund.  I send him another email and say exactly that, in plain english...  Don't cancel my order until I say to.  He emailed me back with "wow".

Wow?  What does that even mean?  So I asked him.  He said that there was nothing left to discuss!  Nothing left to discuss!  WTF?

Not sure what happened or what went wrong but I am so glad I got my refund without finding out the hard way.  Rob is not the kind of person that I will do business with.  I caution all of you to be careful.

So sad,  I had high hopes!  Sorry to all those that I had recommended them to.  

MD
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:15:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Had to be some kind of misunderstanding. Going to stick with it.  Think this has the potential to be a great product. Guess we will se.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:14:23 AM EDT
[#18]
I received an email for him, stating that they were testing 16.25 inch barrels for the MPX. I have great interest, and anticipation that it pans out so I can keep my MPX Carbine, and add my Gemtech to it. For some reason I don't really want a PDW/SBR, I dig the Carbine. I hope someone will make an M-LOK Carbine length handguard for it, whether or not its Carbon Fiber is immaterial.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:11:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I ordered mine on 3/3/17 and was told it would ship between the third and forth week of the month. 
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:36:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Just checked there website and the gen 2 with gasblock is no longer listed.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't mean to hijack the thread but it is kind of related.

Can anyone tell me what sized allen screws are used to attach the barrel to the upper? Are they metric?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#22]
ILWT

Here is link for extra pistons/tappets for the MPX
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't mean to hijack the thread but it is kind of related.

Can anyone tell me what sized allen screws are used to attach the barrel to the upper? Are they metric?
View Quote
You talking about bit to take them out? If so it is a T25 bit.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Just an update. Received my 4.5" .6 Tri-lugged barrel from ILWT. Its friggin perfect! Robert even included a free Tappet. Most definitely worth the wait!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I ordered one of their barrels on the 18th and had a couple of nice emails with Rob.  Seemed like a nice guy.  On the 24th I get this email stating that they are having an issue with manufacturing due to a death in the family and other reasons and if you wanted a refund to let them know.  They also said in the email that they would be sending out another email to all those who pre-ordered with a half hour of that email.  I send them back an email saying that the delay was cool, just keep me informed and that I was sorry for their loss.

I got no other emails from them so I shoot one to Rob on the 28th asking if my order was one that was delayed.  He sends me back an email canceling my order!  Wait, what?  I never asked for my order to be canceled or a refund.  I send him another email and say exactly that, in plain english...  Don't cancel my order until I say to.  He emailed me back with "wow".

Wow?  What does that even mean?  So I asked him.  He said that there was nothing left to discuss!  Nothing left to discuss!  WTF?

Not sure what happened or what went wrong but I am so glad I got my refund without finding out the hard way.  Rob is not the kind of person that I will do business with.  I caution all of you to be careful.

So sad,  I had high hopes!  Sorry to all those that I had recommended them to.  

MD
View Quote
if this is true, its possible that because of this death in the family he was having a rough time.

its hard to lose someone. so id give me a little slack.

i have nothing to do with this company. i just know dealing with a loss is hard.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:31:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just an update. Received my 4.5" .6 Tri-lugged barrel from ILWT. Its friggin perfect! Robert even included a free Tappet. Most definitely worth the wait!!!!!!
View Quote
How about the gas valve....was that also included?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

How about the gas valve....was that also included?
View Quote
Nope. But I ordered a spare from Sig. No range report yet. Trying to get that done this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Robert is in the process of making the gas valves also, but with all the barrel orders he is getting them completed first. He now has the gas tappets made and for sale on his website if anyone is looking for extra parts.

As for range report, love my 4.5" barrel from ILWT, been running suppressed and have not looked back. It will eat anything I put in it except for Hush 145 and 165gr, but it will shoot other name brand 145 and 165gr ammo, but my MPX didn't shoot Hush brand from day 1.
Accuracy report is, it is better then my factory 8" and just a blast to shoot. I will keep my 8" barrel just in case, but I do not ever see me using the factory 8" ever again.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#29]
I have a question for you guys shooting suppressed with shortened barrels, but with the standard pistol handguards. How hot does the handguard get with the suppressor partially inside the guard?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have a question for you guys shooting suppressed with shortened barrels, but with the standard pistol handguards. How hot does the handguard get with the suppressor partially inside the guard?
View Quote
My hand guard stays cool to the touch with the suppressor tucked inside it. And I have got my suppressor pretty hot testing the barrel out and no issues with my hand on the guard. I'm running the 4.5" barrel with dead air ghost 45m and factory length 8" hand guard.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 12:13:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

My hand guard stays cool to the touch with the suppressor tucked inside it. And I have got my suppressor pretty hot testing the barrel out and no issues with my hand on the guard. I'm running the 4.5" barrel with dead air ghost 45m and factory length 8" hand guard.
View Quote
Please post a pic. I am either going to have my barrel cut and threaded or go with the ILWT.  I will be using my ghost on it as well.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 5:59:15 AM EDT
[#32]

Long configuration

Short
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:27:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Well I took the MPX out yesterday after getting my barrel cut to 4.5" by Morgan. Worked great, and the accuracy was impressive at 50 yards. However, when I got home to remove my Octane 45 HD, I almost never got the 1/2x28 adaptor off the barrel. This is my first threaded use, as I have always used 3 lug. So, I have ordered one of the 3 lug 4.5" barrels w/ gas block from ILWT to use for the suppressor, and I will know have a K barrel :).... Says on website they are 1.5 weeks out. With the reviews, cant wait to get it!
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:15:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I ordered mine on 3/3/17 and was told it would ship between the third and forth week of the month. 
View Quote
Beware!
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Beware!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beware!
Beware? Have you still not received? Have you emailed?
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beware!
I talked to Rob this morning, what an a$$. I hope the rest of you have better luck then I have.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 5:55:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I talked to Rob this morning, what an a$. I hope the rest of you have better luck then I have.
View Quote
Didn't you receive a couple of e-mails from Rob with updates? Rob is a stand-up a guy and does excellent work.  I have ordered many barrels from ILT and they have all been awesome. Not worried here, when they are done, he'll ship them.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 6:19:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Classic small shop - guy(s) are running around like crazy.  Great stuff but communication can be rough - I have a pile of parts Rob sent me to test fit and still waiting on the return label.  I figure when my barrel is ready he'll get in touch and we'll close the loop then - or eventually it'll come to the top of his todo-stack and I'll get him his parts back.

Heck, even Griffin has been spotty lately - took great care of me and my issue, but communication almost non-existent.  Gotta treat this like NFA stuff - fire and forget about it for a year or so...  

From my limited experience, Rob & ILWT will make things right in the end.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 6:48:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I talked to Rob this morning, what an a$. I hope the rest of you have better luck then I have.
View Quote
I do not know what happened on your end, but Rob is a honest person if you just give him time I'm know you will be happy with the outcome. Yes, I understand you ordered yours back in March, but you have to understand he is making these from scratch and has to test them, measure them and whatever else is involved in a project like this so once you get your barrel assembly it performs flawlessly and you don't get hurt.

He took the project on himself to start making barrels for the MPX community that Sig promised back when they first hit the market and have yet to see any yet. And it went from a few barrels to his customer list started wanted gas blocks, tappets, gas valves, carbine barrels all for gen 1 and 2 owners, so he decided to step up and start making it all, but it takes time to do all this in a shop he runs that is not as big as Sig Sauer that put the public on the back burner since they got the Military contract. And if you do ever see a 4.5" extra barrel from Sig in the years to come, it is going to be 599.99. I know I still have 1 pre-ordered that I'm waiting to get contacted from Sig so I can cancel the order :)

I'm sure he is overwhelmed right now with just emails, phone calls internet sales, and that is not including the machine work he is putting in along with the hours.

Yes, I do have a 4.5" barrel from him, but I was lucky in being able to hook up with him before almost every MPX owner started contacting him, and I also didn't care to take a hammer and dead punch and knock my factory barrel out of the gas block. Like you I am still waiting on other items from him but I also contacted him and told him to put my stuff on the back burner and get barrel assemblies out to people that don't have barrels yet that are wanting them.

Anyway, like I said. I do not know what happened, but I know how I've been treated when dealing with him and very pleased with the outcome!
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't know Rob. I ordered mine some time ago, can't really remember when it was. I received numerous emails from Rob with valid explainations for the delay in shipping. I received my 4.5" with GB, Tr-Lugged and it is Awesome! I wouldn't hesitate to do biz with him at all. But I didn't call or email him as I had faith that my order would be filled. Judging by the quality of my barrel assembly, I'm guessing he is a perfectionist. Perfection takes time.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:00:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Everything you say might be true, but you weren't on my end of the phone call I had today. Just because you have an Idea and some machines doesn't make you a businessman. I wish him the best but not with my money.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:39:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Everything you say might be true, but you weren't on my end of the phone call I had today. Just because you have an Idea and some machines doesn't make you a businessman. I wish him the best but not with my money.
View Quote
Everything I said Is true. You are absolutely correct. Not everyone is a businessman. Some suck, some excel, and some do their best. I can only relate my experience, and it was positive.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:10:08 PM EDT
[#44]
I think Rob has been great. He even contacted me after the sale to check and see if I had any issues. I reused my gasblock. I haven't had it to the range yet but I promised I would let him know how things go. Even after I bought the barrel he offered to swap the gasblock for me. I did it myself because I like tinkering.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
    the Problem with Rob at ILWT is that he unfortunately has to deal with assholes in the public like the people whining here. He has done a great svc to our sig community by taking on the time and expense to develop a barrel,block and tri lug.  Do u think this is an easy task that will go smoothly right out of the gate. while he is doing all this hard work trying to meet hid deadline He gets stupid phone calls from THESE dicks with their stupid selfish Questions.Just STFU and let him do his work and we will get ur barrels. I ordered a tri lug 4.5 barrel and recieved it last week with his perfectly made gas plug. It is a work of art ! AMAZING!   It may have been a couple of days late but do u think i called him about it?
    Rob -Great work and thank you for all your hard work
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:32:33 PM EDT
[#46]
For the folks getting their 4" 3-lug barrel with gas block....those gen 1 or gen 2?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:08:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Hey guys,

I just posted an extra Gen. 2 4.5 in the E&E. It was intended for my brother who has since sold his MPX.

MPX Gen.2

Its up for grabs.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 6:22:48 PM EDT
[#48]
I received my 4.5" barrel with gas block a few days ago as promised.  Inspection wise it looks great.  Will be shooting it tomorrow suppressed, and will update on how it performs.  I'm grateful someone picked up SIG's slack.  I really didn't want to cut down the one and only barrel SIG will provide.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 7:54:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

the Problem with Rob at ILWT is that he unfortunately has to deal with assholes in the public like the people whining here. He has done a great svc to our sig community by taking on the time and expense to develop a barrel,block and tri lug.  Do u think this is an easy task that will go smoothly right out of the gate. while he is doing all this hard work trying to meet hid deadline He gets stupid phone calls from THESE dicks with their stupid selfish Questions.Just STFU and let him do his work and we will get ur barrels. I ordered a tri lug 4.5 barrel and recieved it last week with his perfectly made gas plug. It is a work of art ! AMAZING!   It may have been a couple of days late but do u think i called him about it?
    Rob -Great work and thank you for all your hard work
View Quote
I really don't know how to respond to this ignorant reply. I'll just tell my story and then leave this thread. I went to the website and saw that there was 1 4.5" 3 lug barrel available. I placed my order on line and waited. I was living in FL. at the time but knew I would be returning to OH. soon. I rec'd an email a couple days after I placed my order stating that the barrel would be shipped the third or fourth week of March. At the end of the 4th week I called Rob and told him I was leaving FL. and to just send it to my OH. address, he said OK. On this past Monday I called him and asked where it was, his response was since I wanted it shipped to Ohio he cancelled my order and put me in the "loop". I don't understand what that meant so when I questioned him he said he would just refund my money. I told him I didn't want a refund I just wanted the barrel. He hung up on me and wouldn't answer my calls. I sent an email and got no response. Later that day i got an email stating that my order was cancelled and refunded. When I ordered the barrel it was $280 shipped. Last week it was $350 shipped. Now there is no price on the website and a waiting list. I'm sure someone got my barrel but I'll bet they didn't pay $280. So. that's why I'm upset. By the way, my original post just said "beware", I didn't badmouth anyone.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
At the end of the 4th week I called Rob and told him I was leaving FL. and to just send it to my OH. address
View All Quotes
Quoted:
At the end of the 4th week I called Rob and told him I was leaving FL. and to just send it to my OH. address
I'm not going to defend or attack either party here, *BUT* I will point out that asking to change a shipping address after ordering is not something every merchant's system can handle.  You may have similar difficulties with "the big boys" here as well.  I've had other big-name vendors require a cancel and re-order under similar circumstances.

Quoted:
By the way, my original post just said "beware", I didn't badmouth anyone.
Well, @gkgeiger that is true of your original post, but I personally would feel "badmouthed" if you had posted the following about me:

Quoted:
I talked to Rob this morning, what an a$.
It certainly would have been more useful and productive to post "Beware! ILWT's system apparently can't handle a shipping address change!!!!" or even skipping right to your most recent post giving a reasonably detailed description of your side of the story. A terse negative statement garners a lot of doubt online - as IMNSHO it should.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top