Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2017 5:23:58 PM EDT
So I ordered a custom chest rig for my Sig MPX, and I am very pleased how it came out. Every bit as good as anything made from the premium rig builders. It carries 6 MPX magazines & 6 Glock 17 magazines. That's more than enough to get the job done. This came from Head On Tactical[url=http://headontactical.storenvy.com/], they did the custom stitching on their 6 pack Kriss Rig, but used my measurements for the MPX mags, and added the ability to add the pistol mag pouches. The 3 mag pistol pouches came from SOE Gear. I'm not sure why the url info is showing up.

Crappy Iphone 6+ pics.

[/url]
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#1]
That came out really nice!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:31:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That came out really nice!!
View Quote
Thanks! The flash kills the color, the Multicam looks great in person. It almost mimics the Eagle Industries chest rig, but for the MPX 30 round magazines. Head On Tactical took the measurements I gave them of the MPX magazine, and custom fabricated the 6 pouches so I have enough magazine to grab a hold of. HOT only charged me an additional $20.00 to add the webbing (3 rows each pouch), so a total of $125.00, not bad for a custom job!! Having 276 rounds of 9mm is definitely a nice thing to have.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice looking setup. I don't really need the Glock mag pouches for mine. This double layered deep would be awesome! the price you paid is pretty good too for custom gear.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:15:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nice looking setup. I don't really need the Glock mag pouches for mine. This double layered deep would be awesome! the price you paid is pretty good too for custom gear.
View Quote
Contact them, I'm sure he'll accept the challenge to do even more custom work. I wanted pistol mag pouches, because any firearm can stop working, so why not have a back-up? The regular rig doesn't have pistol mag pouches, so he can add either four or six more MPX pouches, should he be inclined to do so. It doesn't hurt to ask.

I have no affiliation with this company, nor do I stand to profit in any way.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:22:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Contact them, I'm sure he'll accept the challenge to do even more custom work. I wanted pistol mag pouches, because any firearm can stop working, so why not have a back-up? The regular rig doesn't have pistol mag pouches, so he can add either four or six more MPX pouches, should he be inclined to do so. It doesn't hurt to ask.

I have no affiliation with this company, nor do I stand to profit in any way.
View Quote

Will make contact and find out. Esstac is local to me and has made me some great gear and some one off stuff, but the owner has been slammed busy lately and isn't accepting specialty stuff anymore. I'd like to get something to attach to a molle setup. If it had molle backing it would be ideal. I had even considered figuring out if it was possible to make a 30cal mag pouch work with two mags in it side by side. If they had made these mags straight and not curved some of this would be easier. HA!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:01:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd be remiss if I didn't add that the whole thing took less than two weeks from order to delivery.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#7]
That is nice.  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's my contribution. It's a German company that makes them for the g36 platform. Wish I could remember the name I think it has a armadillo stitched on it. The MPX mags fit pretty well believe it or not but I cut to fit some kydex 7.62 inserts just for extra retention. It can be run with a front plate or not.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 5:27:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Here's my contribution. It's a German company that makes them for the g36 platform. Wish I could remember the name I think it has a armadillo stitched on it. The MPX mags fit pretty well believe it or not but I cut to fit some kydex 7.62 inserts just for extra retention. It can be run with a front plate or not.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/375468/IMG-7222-144254.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/375468/IMG-7223-144255.JPG
View Quote

That is pretty slick, looks great.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#10]
One thing I just found out about the Head On Tactical MPX chest rig is that it has an internal map "style" pocket, just like the Eagle
Industries chest rig. It's one more thing that makes this chest rig
impressive, and much better than any other I've seen, but this is my
opinion of the product. I feel that this rig can go head to head against
the more expensive "premium" tactical gear, and there are very few
rigs/carriers currently available for MPX. I appreciate that they also
made the magazine pouches strictly for the MPX magazines, versus having a
universal style mag pouch. For magazine removal under stress, that
extra bit of purchase gives you the confidence that you won't fumble the
reload.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top