Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2017 10:33:39 PM EDT
Soo was just thinking the sig Mpx is the hoo hah woop Dee do that sig brought out. I have one. It's SBR. Currently waiting on its can, barrel chop and watever stock I go with.

But I wished that these morons being that they were trying to give the mp5 a run for its money.

Why oh why didn't you make the Mpx a side charge you sig douche bags!!

That's Wat I wanted on mine. I had an ar9 side charge which I have since sold. But I love side charge. Wish sig did that. You didn't have to just base it off the AR damnit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 10:38:26 PM EDT
[#1]
They should have made it a side charger.

I also wonder why they didn't use MP5 style magazines.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 10:41:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh yea I forgot to say Also that I wish the pistol grip was a little better. But I think side charge was the biggest miss. I think that woulda given it an edge of the evo(very ugly)
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 10:57:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I would like the HK type forward folding charging handle, along with the AR type, if possible.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 11:09:02 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 for the side charger or possibly an HK style forward charger.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 11:29:27 PM EDT
[#5]
A slimmer handguard, or more aftermarket handguard support of any kind for that matter. Besides Manticore, and Lancer, it seems like no one wants to challenge the handguard design.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 11:38:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I love mine but the fat handguard is stupid. They should have made it slimmer like a KMR. I get some ppl want to run a suppressor under their handguard but the barrel comes out past the handguard.  It should have been an aftermarket option, not factory standard.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 12:13:11 AM EDT
[#7]
A forward assist.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#8]
The MPX is perfect the way it is. Why is everybody wanting a side charging handle so much? The reason it was a made the way it is was because the familiarity of the M4 platform which most of us are used to.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:54:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Wish they would have done more testing before releasing which would have led to getting it right the first time.  Things that come to mind; ONE generation that is truly multi caliber, no trigger bridge, a charging handle that isn't fuct, and a better hand guard.  Essentially, what everyone thought it would be from the start.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 7:37:53 PM EDT
[#11]
mainly a non-AR charging handle (not a fan) & multi-cal (wanted a 40cal SMG that was cheaper to maintain).  At this point I'm still not ready to buy an MPX until is looks to be available for the longterm (ref. cheaper to maintain MP5/40 smg statement)
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 4:18:47 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm a little concerned they seem to have backed out of the cal. conversions but more I think about it, I probably wouldn't have gotten one unless it was dirt cheap and that wasn't going to happen.

I'm happy with what I got.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 2:30:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wish they would have done more testing before releasing which would have led to getting it right the first time.  Things that come to mind; ONE generation that is truly multi caliber, no trigger bridge, a charging handle that isn't fuct, and a better hand guard.  Essentially, what everyone thought it would be from the start.
View Quote

^ This! plus smaller mags. Really annoying they are so big, they are hard to carry compared to MP5 mags.

Overall though its a pretty nice little gun. I like it a lot better than the MP5 and most other firearms for that matter.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 5:32:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Mainly the sketchy charging handle is my biggest complaint about the actual gun itself, i'm pretty happy with my MPX. I didn't care about caliber conversions as I planned to shoot 9mm exclusively, but I really wish they would have had all options available at launch or soon after.

When I purchased my plan was to swap out for the 4.5 barrel and run a collapsible brace or stock, and have a great little backpack gun. Now the only option is to chop mine, or spend a crap ton of money on an SBR and wait months for it to clear to get the 4.5 barrel. Their lack of follow through and huge lack of parts really sucks, and just leaves me with a bad taste for Sig. I don't have any of their other weapons, and it will likely stay that way. From what I hear of their track record they are big on releasing "groundbreaking" new products and then no longer supporting them once launched.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 9:31:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Yea even tho we didn't get a much needed/wanted side charge they shoulda got the AR style charging right or something different. I like some of the b & t guns are with their charging style.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 2:04:24 AM EDT
[#16]
The ability to change barrels and calibers.  

I know it's technically capable of it but when you refuse to produce the parts to actually accomplish that, it doesn't count as being able to.   The thing has been out what, 2-3 years now?  To continually blame the situation on all parts being used to make guns, but yet that many guns aren't being produced, is horse shit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Im actually good with it the way it is....I think making the way it operates similar to an AR makes sense.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:11:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Im actually good with it the way it is....I think making the way it operates similar to an AR makes sense.
View Quote

Not disagreeing with you there, other than the poorly fitting charging handle I like rest of the controls. Sucks that some people are having issues with aftermarket triggers, but I plan on keeping mine stock.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 9:20:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Regarding the nut that the bbl clamp bolts screw into:  I would have designed it that the nut part stuck out so a small wrench can be applied.  Currently the nut is recessed with only one flat bearing surface inside the upper receiver.  More than one of us has had to return the upper receiver for replacement when the nut turned enough to gouge the upper receiver and not be user removable.  Actually may not be a problem if the factory would not apply locktite to the threads or screw in the bolts so hard.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:57:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not disagreeing with you there, other than the poorly fitting charging handle I like rest of the controls. Sucks that some people are having issues with aftermarket triggers, but I plan on keeping mine stock.
View Quote

I was going to mention the CH issue but decided not to.  I am frankly surprised there hasnt been an aftermarket charging handle offered up yet to be honest.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 3:27:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They should have made it a side charger.

I also wonder why they didn't use MP5 style magazines.
View Quote

I believe the mag thing is for caliber change capability.  They needed to make the mag well long enough for 40S&W but fill that space.  Besides, people seem to want polymer mags now and mags that look like they're from 1983 wouldn't cut it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:38:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I was going to mention the CH issue but decided not to.  I am frankly surprised there hasnt been an aftermarket charging handle offered up yet to be honest.
View Quote

Ive been thinking the same thing, surely someone would have one out by now. Hopefully BCM is listening
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:04:36 PM EDT
[#23]
I hate the cheap feeling CH. Geissele needs to release one.

Also, I wish mags were a lot cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 5:26:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I hate the cheap feeling CH. Geissele needs to release one.

Also, I wish mags were a lot cheaper.
View Quote

Now that they have dipped to around $25 from GMW, we cant really complain about the price as much anymore.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 3:27:22 AM EDT
[#25]
i wish it had 1/2x28 threading instead of that goofy left hand thing.  mlok rail would have been great.  integreated antirotation qd sockets on the rail and thin folding stock.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 3:59:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Now that they have dipped to around $25 from GMW, we cant really complain about the price as much anymore.
View Quote
for gen 1 only. Gen 2's are $51/ea or $129 for 3.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 5:50:35 PM EDT
[#27]
I wanted them to chamber the MPX in 5.7
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

gmw??
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 6:27:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

gmw??
View Quote
gunmagwarehouse.com

and those prices are for gen1 mags. Gen2 mags are $51/ea
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:45:13 AM EDT
[#30]
THE PLASTIC dust cover.  Insane.  Even your cheapest AR uppers come with a metal dust cover.  Not to mention....no one checked mine before it left the factory (Jan 2017 manf date) as the dust cover would not close.  No matter what I tried.  I fixed it by taking the little spring out and cutting it almost in half.  Now that little dimple will push down with no problem.  Easy fix..  But...damn.  $1200 it should not do this.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:34:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
for gen 1 only. Gen 2's are $51/ea or $129 for 3.
View Quote
@Daggertt

I have a stack of the gen 1 mags and they work perfectly fine in my gen 2 gun. Even after the 35rd mod.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:00:10 AM EDT
[#32]
side charger and 45 acp
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:27:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Why does everyone want a side charger? Personally I hate them and I'm glad the MPX doesn't have one. Only thing I would have changed would be M-LOK handguards
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Why does everyone want a side charger? Personally I hate them and I'm glad the MPX doesn't have one. Only thing I would have changed would be M-LOK handguards
View Quote
why dont you like side charge? is it because of the force of habit on the ar platform?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Like mine the way it is.

Different CH would be ok. Side charge would be cool.

Standard AR-type trigger (no bridge) would be an improvement.

The goofball LH threading is dumb as hell.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

why dont you like side charge? is it because of the force of habit on the ar platform?
View Quote
Side charge just gets in the way most of the time. I have a side charge on my LWRC REPR and had a Robinson XCR-L, I still prefer the AR style charging handle on all my rifles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top