Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 9:30:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Its sad. The MCX has so much potential but looks like it might go the way of the ACR.

I don't care for anything Sig other than the MCX/MPX and probably won't be spending $ on any Sigs soon/probably ever.

Sig isn't getting crap from me! Recall or not I'm not sending them anything.

PS: Sig needs to sell the MCX design to a competent manufacturer like FN or Beretta. I don't care how long the ARX took to come out it just flat out works.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He said turn around time once they receive the rifle is 2 weeks.
View Quote

Classic.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Sent mine back today

We shall judge based on Sig performance.  Can't wait to see this trigger issue resolution
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 3:25:52 PM EDT
[#4]
After incorrectly receiving a carrier box a few weeks ago the rifle box is inbound and scheduled to be delivered today. I'm still undecided if I'm going to ship it back with the SSA trigger installed or put the factory junk pile back in. I'd like to know exactly what their plan is because at this point I've seen nothing conclusive as to what they are going to do with rifles equipped with aftermarket triggers.  If it has the factory trigger are they going to replace it with a new two stage that is better than the original?  At this point I think I'll put the box aside for awhile and see how this all shakes out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 5:10:33 PM EDT
[#5]
1/27/2017:  SIG called.  Trigger replacement plan has changed.  I can opt for SIG to replace my LaRue MBT with standard SIG MCX trigger and new bolt carrier group, and rifle and LaRue MBT are returned to me OR I can wait a few more weeks and SIG replaces LaRue with their new 2 stage ("nice") trigger and new bolt carrier group, and rifle and LaRue are returned to me.  I opted to wait for the new SIG 2 stage trigger.  

Note:  I posted "a few more weeks".  Actually I think she said something like 4 more weeks, but am not sure.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Received a notice last night from SIG that a shipping label was created for the return of "ASSY, CARRIER FREE ROTATION, FLAT LUG BOLT". Probably another week or so until it arrives, I'll post an update when it does. Can't remember the exact date I sent off the old carrier but it was shortly after the recall was announced.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 7:30:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Received a notice last night from SIG that a shipping label was created for the return of "ASSY, CARRIER FREE ROTATION, FLAT LUG BOLT". Probably another week or so until it arrives, I'll post an update when it does. Can't remember the exact date I sent off the old carrier but it was shortly after the recall was announced.
View Quote

Same here, I sent mine on 1-5-17, rcvd 1-12-17 and new one sent back 1-27-17. So right now, they had it 15 days.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 8:47:11 AM EDT
[#8]
And so far no one has received anything back from Sig. I'm holding off until others get their rifle or bolt group back and have tested it before I send anything to Sig.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:46:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I got a shipping notification from Sig yesterday. New carrier is on the way. I opted to swap out the carriers first, instead of shipping the whole rifle for the trigger swap.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:47:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I got the notice late last night so the new Bcg is enroute to me. Will update when it arrives.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:08:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, I hope to get it by wed so I can shoot it TH.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Against my better judgement I sent my entire rifle and .300 blk conversion back yesterday. It's a Cabelas model. We'll see what I get back. I'm guessing I just got screwed.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:32:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I got my box yesterday. I'm gonna wait till those that are about to get their new carriers to report before I send mine off. 
I waited months for parts, I'm not about to have the rifle down for months again because they can't get their shit together and I'm not gonna send in the rifle to have it sit in their shop for who knows how long. 
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:52:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I was told that my Cabelas auto regulating system would be replaced with the adjustable system currently produced and the the upper would be swapped.
Unacceptable. Not interested.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:19:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Not sure why anyone would have to send the entire gun back if you have an aftermarket trigger.  All they are changing is the carrier.  I called Friday and got through immediately.  Told them I had a Geissele SSA (actually think it's a G2S now) and they said their new carrier should work with the SSA.  AFAIK, they are just sending me a box for the carrier exchange.

At worst, whatever aftermarket trigger you have won't work with their new carrier and you have to reinstall the factory FCG.  No need to send in the whole gun for that since you can find that out yourself when you get the carrier back.  Most likely Sig is just using people's lowers with aftermarket triggers for their own testing.

With regards to what brought this on, I suspect at least part is due to the Nutnfancy video where one of the recoil spring rods popped out of that polymer keeper during firing and jammed up the action pretty badly, as well as destroying the spring.  That's probably where the captive recoil spring "fix" came from.  Haven't heard about the failure that made them add the firing pin safety.

BTW, they told me the total turnaround time, including shipping, was like 5 weeks, not 5 -10 days.  FYI.
View Quote

Got a shipping notice, and it looks like it's just for the carrier box.  They aren't making me send in the entire gun even though I told them that I had a Geissele, which is consistent with what they told me on the phone.

Guess I miss out on getting their new free two stage trigger, if they actually do that.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:59:58 AM EDT
[#16]
2nd carriage sent back 1-31-17, a tad faster, now just waiting on the .300 carbine.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:55:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Spoke with Sig CS again today after receiving a box to send my complete rifle back in.

The rep said mil-spec triggers will not work in the MCX and the only trigger that will work out-of-the-box is the factory trigger (which I guess is not really mil-spec).  No more aftermarket triggers.  So much for the convenience of using commonly available parts.

I opted for just a replacement of the carriage assembly and was told to send my original assembly back before a new one could be sent out.

So basically everything Sig have said about the recall in their press release is total bullshit.  YMMV.
View Quote
glad I sold mine and never another Sig long gun.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Shipped my two off today with Larue MBT triggers installed.  I'll post back when they return.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Dang it, not in until tomorrow, so Monday shoot at the earliest now.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:41:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Dang it, not in until tomorrow, so Monday shoot at the earliest now.
View Quote

If you're the first in this thread to get it back, post pics!  We're all counting on you for information.  I'd really like to know about continued AR-15 compatibility.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 1:00:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Spoke to Sig CS today as I got my second notification that my box has been sent...  First one was sent to the wrong address, and the second was sent to the same address... Now I guess they are setting up a third box for me to send back my whole rifle.  I had a Cabela's that I have SBR'd in 300BO w/ SSA.  The CS agent said that I needed to send in the whole rifle, and that the I will be fine with the SSA.  He stated that it would take 3-4 weeks once they receive my rifle  

Not sure why it would take so long to change a "quick change barrel" and replace a bolt carrier...  This is kinda my favorite toy right now, it runs like a top.  I really hope they don't mess it up

FA
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 2:19:15 AM EDT
[#22]
A photo of the new carrier is floating around IG, looks like firing pin safety spring among other changes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP87g28DgIg/

Shipping says mine should be delivered by Friday...
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 4:48:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
A photo of the new carrier is floating around IG, looks like firing pin safety spring among other changes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP87g28DgIg/

Shipping says mine should be delivered by Friday...
View Quote
Too bad there's no info on what the total wait time was and if it works with his trigger (if it's after market)
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, here we go, no the best pics. You can see the firing pin safety at the top, a spring loaded tab is what provides tension to return it at it's safe position. May not be clear in the picture, you may see the tab that rest in front of the firing pin head. At it's rear is a beveled portion that the hammer will strike and cause it to raise up and allow the firing pin to travel forward. You can see the tab that rest in front of the firing pin head(pic #6), I believe this is the reason why (as we are told) the aftermarket or hammer with notched faces will not work as it won't strike this safety. I will measure a standard AR trigger and compare against an MCX stock one to see if there's any height difference.
I thought the return springs were captive and the retainer made of metal? Still plastic and not captive. I haven't taken this apart yet nor read the provided insert and a new manual. A business card is present with the internet $50 online coupon and a small blister packet of Lucas oil.

Second one arrives tomorrow, will see if anything is different and will try to get better pics.

Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Tried to mock it as if assembled. You can see the function of the parts. That's a new hammer from a DPMS kit I had about, will try tomorrow to compare and measure hammers. Of course I don't have the parts in the exact position.

I'm not an engineer, but I see a potential stress point in the center of the safety when struck and cams upwards. Will see how it handles impacts and if any distortion. what I can't see or measure other than obvious cracks and deformation is internal fractures or stress fatigue, don't know the steel composition.

The safety is removable and the first part taken out via it's retaining pin, the op rods are removed after tilting upwards and the captured firing pin retaining pin is pulled out to it's stop point, firing pin taken out(do not remove the FP spring) and then the cam pin and bolt, it is taken apart as normal.

So you can easily see how a notched hammer would not work. Again, will try to measure an ALG ACT or SSA along with the STOCK MCX and the DPMS or one from a COLT.

Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:55:49 PM EDT
[#26]
A few thoughts on this whole issue.

Risk Assessors at Sig reviewed liability based on the idiocy of certain end users.
1-Dumbass that re assembled the carriage improperly
2-While this is speculation, Cousin of above had shoddy reloading practices and reloading control with his .300 BO(or sub standard FACTORY RELOADS) and had the out of battery firing.

I thought due to #1, the recoil assembly was going to be captured?

I truly don't see the need for the safety, although the firing pin spring is a good idea and would not affect function or triggers. It's apparent that any decent machinist could make this safety with dimensional changes at the impact area to allow aftermarket triggers-if they do not work due to height, or lack of thereof.
While I'm not condoning the removal or alteration of the part, I don't see where it's absence would affect function either.

All I want is the frigging .308 version (CSASS submission)--or better yet, a 6.5CM
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Tried to mock it as if assembled. You can see the function of the parts. That's a new hammer from a DPMS kit I had about, will try tomorrow to compare and measure hammers. Of course I don't have the parts in the exact position.

I'm not an engineer, but I see a potential stress point in the center of the safety when struck and cams upwards. Will see how it handles impacts and if any distortion. what I can't see or measure other than obvious cracks and deformation is internal fractures or stress fatigue, don't know the steel composition.

The safety is removable and the first part taken out via it's retaining pin, the op rods are removed after tilting upwards and the captured firing pin retaining pin is pulled out to it's stop point, firing pin taken out(do not remove the FP spring) and then the cam pin and bolt, it is taken apart as normal.

So you can easily see how a notched hammer would not work. Again, will try to measure an ALG ACT or SSA along with the STOCK MCX and the DPMS or one from a COLT.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/mark5pt56/100_4952_zpsrrnzfdig.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/mark5pt56/100_4953_zpstpiuzaza.jpg
View Quote
Thanks for all that... that helps. 
Have you tried dry firing it with your non-factory trigger?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't have one in that configuration, stock SIG. Will assemble tomorrow and advise. Won't be able to shoot until Monday now. The BO had the ACT and that's at SIG, don't have an aftermarket about. (other than Mil Spec, just found a BCM one. and the DPMS)
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:43:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Why does the MCX need the extra safety but an AR doesn't??
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:26:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Shipping notification on return box:  12/31/16.

Shipping notification on new BCG:  1/30/17.

Expected arrival:  2/3/17.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:51:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I thought the return springs were captive and the retainer made of metal? Still plastic and not captive.

]
View Quote

Hmm, seems like they've already Gen 2'd their brand new carrier design.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Mark, thanks for the pics.

It looks like this is going to be one of those issues where aftermarket triggers "may" work in the MCX, depending on the height of the hammer and the contour of both the hammer and the firing pin safety.

The cynic in me says that the firing pin safety looks easy enough to defeat if necessary.  I suppose that the non-captive recoil springs were so Nutnfancy can still fuck it up if necessary.

How does the bolt look?  Do we get our radiused lugs as promised?  And does it look like we can still use AR15 bolts in an emergency?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Ok, the bolt lugs have a nice radius to them. I noticed on my carriage that the firing pin safety pin had what appeared to be a stake on the one side. Maybe a monkey beat it in with a punch and hammer. If yours does, make sure or if it doesn't that the pin doesn't partially work out as it will not go into the upper. Once in, your good. In other words check for flush and don't turn it sideways as you slide it into the upper.

This 5.56 STOCK MCX has a NOTCHED HAMMER. I  measured as best I could assembled for the center of the hammer pin to the flat of the hammer top.
MCX-1.50
BCM-1.630
So, WTF? though the issue with aftermarket was shorter hammers? Anyhow, if you look at the bottom of the bolt carriage, there's a witness/weep hole. Assembled, you can see via the mag well the hole, within, the bolt tail and a portion of the firing pin. As you pull the trigger, you can observe the firing pin move forward with the stock MCX NOTCHED HAMMER.
Other than firing, it appears to be ok when doing a functions check as normal. I don't have the time to change triggers but may when my ACT is returned from SIG.

EDIT-Second 5.56 one just arrived. The firing pin safety pin doesn't have a punch/hammer burr on it, nice and clean. I will have to dress the other one a tad. The finish and coloring on the safety is uniform, the other had that "weak blueing" appearance to it. Other than that, looks the same.

oh-and an AR15 bolt will not work-did it ever?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

EDIT-Second 5.56 one just arrived. The firing pin safety pin doesn't have a punch/hammer burr on it, nice and clean. I will have to dress the other one a tad. The finish and coloring on the safety is uniform, the other had that "weak blueing" appearance to it. Other than that, looks the same.

oh-and an AR15 bolt will not work-did it ever?
View Quote

It's mentioned in the manual that an AR-15 bolt can be used in an emergency.  Dammit, I was thinking of actually sending mine in based off of your info.  Not to be much more of a pain in the ass, but what's stopping it from working?  Firing pin shape?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#35]
The bolt would not seat, appears the AR15 bolt tail is slightly larger than the MCX firing pin channel.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:54:04 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm not sending mine back. Works great right now. Why let Sig muck it up.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the direction I am leaning towards as well.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:04:32 AM EDT
[#38]
I'd rather have a Robinson Arms XCR. Sig can't get a rifle right.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same. I'm waiting for reports on the new carrier group and 2 stage trigger, since they backed out of the Geissele thing.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Well they got my whole rifle on 2/1/17.  Let's see how long it takes.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#41]
I am curious to see if the Wilson Combat TTU trigger will work. If anyone has one, please post feedback.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Stock MCX notched hammer works great!.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:02:10 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm running a TTU in my MCX and it runs great. Have not got the new bolt group so I don't know if it works with that.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:04:41 PM EDT
[#44]
mark, is that the original MCX hammer or the new one?
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 11:35:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm running a TTU in my MCX and it runs great. Have not got the new bolt group so I don't know if it works with that.
View Quote

Same here and I love it. Just hoping it works with the new carriage assembly.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:09:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Both 5.56 MCX' have the stock Sig hammer they came with.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:18:15 AM EDT
[#47]
I have not shot my gun since I got the new assembly, but I wanted to know if anyone has experienced any malfunctions with the new assembly especially light primer strikes?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:43:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Stock unfired & unmodified MCX Complete Rifle delivered to Sig today.  I'll post upon return.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Sent my BCG back on 1/13 and haven't heard a thing. And of coarse no one answers the phone at Sig either. Anyone else waiting this long also?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 7:18:20 AM EDT
[#50]
I just (2/8/2017) got my return tracking info for my full rifle received on 2/1/2017.  
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top