Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 12/28/2016 8:07:15 PM EDT
I think we need a thread to see how fast Sig is getting these turned around.  Let's just keep this thread to posting the info below and keep the general discussion of the issue in the other thread.

Date Sig Sauer Contacted: 12/23/16
Aftermarket trigger: Yes - Geissele SD-3G
Date Return Box Received (if whole rifle needs to be shipped): 2/10/17 and I shipped the rifle back to them the same day; they received the rifle on 2/16
Date Carriage Assemble Received (if not sending in whole rifle): N/A
Date Rifle Received back from SIG: Shipped back on 2/28/17 - Delivered on 3/6/17

UPDATE #1:  1/10/17 - Called to find out where my return box was as I hadn't received it yet...Was told it would be "Shipping Soon".  Asked about turn-around time once they received the rifle...was told "we are telling people 2 to 5 weeks".  Asked about the 4.5" MPX barrel and handguard I've had on order since August '16...was told "we no longer have a time frame on those".
UPDATE #2: 2/6/17 - I finally got the shipping notice that they are sending my return box.  I called a couple weeks ago and they said that it had shipped...but they didn't have any tracking info and I never got the normal Sig e-mail that they had shipped something to me.  So they said they'd ship another one.  Ten days later still nothing so i had to call again.  Guy said he had a record of the last call and had no idea why the replacement hadn't shipped.  It's almost laughable...so today i finally get the shipping notice that the box has shipped.  Fedex site says it should be to me this Friday.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 9:22:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Aftermarket trigger: Yes - Geissele Tricon
Date Return Box Received (if whole rifle needs to be shipped): Nothing Yet
Date Rifle Received back from SIG: Still waiting for the return box
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 1:25:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Date Sig Sauer Contacted: 12/23/16 Aftermarket trigger: Yes - GMC
Date Return Box Received (if whole rifle needs to be shipped): TOLD NOT TO SHIP MY RIFLE

* Still waiting since 4 Oct for the cam pin travel plate screw
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 2:22:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Aftermarket trigger: Yes - Geissele SSA
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 6:10:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Date Sig Sauer Contacted: 12/23/16 
Aftermarket trigger: Yes - ALG ACT
Date Return Box Received (if whole rifle needs to be shipped): Nothing Yet 
Date Carriage Assemble Received (if not sending in whole rifle): N/A 
Date Rifle Received back from SIG: Still waiting for the return box 
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 7:44:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Date Sig Sauer Contacted: 12/22/16
Aftermarket trigger: Yes - Geissele ALG ACT (.300 BO)
Date Return Box Received (if whole rifle needs to be shipped): DROPPED OFF AT FEDEX 1-24-17, THE WAIT BEGINS!
Date Carriage Assemble Received (if not sending in whole rifle): 2x 5.56 (SENT ONE CARRIAGE IN 1-5-17/Picked Up and Processed by Agent-1-12-17--NEW ONE SENT FROM SIG 1-27-17) (second one sent back today, 1-16-17, FORGOT TO CHECK RECEIVED DATE AT SIG, BUT 2ND ONE IS SHIPPED BACK 1-31-17)
Date Rifle Received back from SIG: DROPPED OFF AT FEDEX 1-24-17
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Date Sig Sauer Contacted: 12/22/16
Aftermarket trigger: Yes - Larue MBT
Date Rifle Received back from SIG: 1/20/17 return box on its way.

Update: 1/20/17 received shipping confirmation of my return box.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Date Sig Sauer Contacted: 12/27/16
Aftermarket trigger: Yes - Wilson TTU
Date Return Box Received (if whole rifle needs to be shipped): Not Needed - Carrier only
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 7:56:52 AM EDT
[#8]
BOX SHIPPED YESTERDAY
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:25:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
BOX SHIPPED YESTERDAY
View Quote

Same but I'm calling before I send it in to see if they do or do not have the replacement Geissele triggers. I'm not in a rush to send it in if it just sits on a rack for months.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:40:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Aftermarket trigger: Yes - RRA Match 

Sold rifle to ARFCOM member.  Will ship Friday.  Not sure what his plans are for the fix.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 8:45:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Date Sig Sauer Contacted: 1/4/17
Aftermarket trigger: Yes - Geissele 3G
Date Return Box Received (if whole rifle needs to be shipped): 1/27  At first they sent small box then a week later sent large box.
Date Rifle Received back from SIG: Shipped by me 2/3 and returned 3/1.

SIG replaced Geissele 3G with Geissele 2 stage.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:47:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Same but I'm calling before I send it in to see if they do or do not have the replacement Geissele triggers. I'm not in a rush to send it in if it just sits on a rack for months.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BOX SHIPPED YESTERDAY

I was told by one of their phone people that was exactly their plan. 
It would be months before being returned because they have to test it, replace the trigger and test again. 
Multiply that by the number of rifles and....

i went thru this with Springfield with the XDs. 
My bet is they haven't even completed a production run of the replacement carriers. 
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 11:48:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Received ship notice on my two boxes for return. I'm only going to return one at a time in case they lied and told me 10 day turn around.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#14]
This morning I also got a shipping notification for the return box which is interesting as I haven't contacted them other than registering on their website. 

I have one of the early models (5.56/300 kit) from Cabela's and installed a SSA trigger also. 

Not sure how I'm going to ship because all I have in my town is the little FedEx drop box.  Too bad it's not UPS so I could ship it from my work.  Looks like I'll be searching for a FedEx shipping location now too. 
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Be aware that  if you have one of these Cabela's edition 2 barrels sets with the auto regulating gas system that Sig will replace your upper and barrels with the manually adjusted gas system. You will loose your auto regulating system.
I'm so pissed about it I'm not sending my stuff in.

Toyz
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#16]
I called this afternoon and evidently they were sending a box for the carriage assembly.  After informing them that I have the Cabela's "kit" they are now sending out a box for the entire rifle, as expected.  Kinda strange that with my serial number on hand they weren't able to know that already...  Anyway, I have to send in everything...including the other barrel.  

No definite word on what the plans are for the trigger.  I was told that if they can't get a replacement to work then they'll install one that will and send the SSA back to me.  If they send it back with the craptastic factory trigger (or one that has the same shitty pull weight) I'm not sure what I'll do at that point because if that is the only option I won't be keeping the gun very long.  That trigger was straight garbage for a $1800 rifle, IMO.

Oh, and I also found out that I have to drive about an hour to get to a FedEx location to ship the damn thing.  The pleasures of living in small town USA I suppose.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 3:06:49 AM EDT
[#17]
IceAuger, you're ok with giving up your auto regulating gas system??
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 1:00:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes, I'm aware.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:18:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Why are they changing the gas regulators?
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 8:16:33 PM EDT
[#20]
So I was supposed to receive a rifle box to send in the gun as I have a geissele Tricon installed as well as a gun in the magical S/N range but guess what showed up?  A bolt carrier box I see Sig has their top men on this issue.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#21]
They are replacing the whole upper and barrel assemblies for these Cabelas edition guns. Unsure exactly why.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 2:06:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I called in on day one for the carrier replacement and to send the rifle back for the trigger issue (whatever that may be).  I also re-registered on the website.

As of today I have not received a shipping notice or box.  I live in NH.

This is the last rifle purchase I am making from SigUSA.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I to have not received a box or shipping notice. 
I did finally receive the screws that I was waiting for since October 3rd. 

If if I didn't have an already approved stamp to chop the barrel I'd sell this gun. 
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They are replacing the whole upper and barrel assemblies for these Cabelas edition guns. Unsure exactly why.
View Quote
are these the ones falling in a certain SN range they have listed?
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So I was supposed to receive a rifle box to send in the gun as I have a geissele Tricon installed as well as a gun in the magical S/N range but guess what showed up?  A bolt carrier box I see Sig has their top men on this issue.
View Quote

I also received the little box for only the bcg. Fortunately I have extremely lowered my expectations so I guess I'm sort of surprised a box came at all.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#26]
My shipping box is on its way, the box has managed to go from 10 miles from me,  2 different fed ex locations and is now 85 miles away.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:07:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Pardon my ignorance....

I'm stilll waiting on my MCX to arrive through their LEO Program.

Familiar with the BCG swap and will make sure new rifle has revised BCG before I buy it.

What is the issue with the aftermarket trigger situation?

Last I heard Geissele and LaRue both supported both the MCX and MPX ( I have a SSA-E in my gen2 MPX no issues)
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:11:20 PM EDT
[#28]
10 days after I was notified by Sig my return boxes were shipped, no boxes. They can't even get this simple task done right. I'm done with Sig. They are starting to look a lot like Victory motorcycles. Heading down the out of business road. I told my dealer not even at a deep discount on another Sig rifle.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#29]
No box yet, no shipping notice, either.  And I don't care.

I'm not going to send it in to upgrade it until I hear from someone who has.  

This rifle is my favorite.  I don't know why Sig is doing this upgrade unless their lawyers are forcing the issue.  It sounds to me like it could be a good thing.  It's like putting a HK416 style bolt into an AR15.  I'm not sure why folks are selling theirs if they liked it before the upgrade.  But here on ARFCOM, we could bitch about a free steak and blowjob machine.  Granted, their execution so far hasn't been perfect.  I'm guessing that in the rush to get this fixed ASAP, a ball or two was dropped in getting the word to the CS reps.

I'm going to keep shooting the piss out of mine.  If I think it's going to slam fire, I'll continue to abide by the weapons safety rules.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#30]
My thought exactly!  So the reason it slam fires, is it because the heavier bolt carrier assembly? The new firing pin saftey looks like more moving parts to deal with...
The new spring around the firing pin should do the trick ?
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#31]
My local dealer pooped his pants today. I ask if the MCX he had on the wall was the new one with the post recall bolt group. He said "What recall??" followed by "Holy Shit!!!! when I showed him the web and Sig's own website  He had just received 12 MCX rifles yesterday all, with the old MCX bolt groups. Just arrived from Sig!  He is MAD AS HELL !!!  He is sending all 12 back and will not order any more until they get this straightened out!  He was really mad when he sow the recall notice. He sell hundreds of Sig pistols per month but I'll be he won't be selling Sig rifles any time in the near future. SO far the only Sig long gun they managed not to FU was the Sig M400 which is just another AR15.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#32]
I found a little box in my yard today after registering it a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 11:02:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This morning I also got a shipping notification for the return box which is interesting as I haven't contacted them other than registering on their website. 

I have one of the early models (5.56/300 kit) from Cabela's and installed a SSA trigger also. 

Not sure how I'm going to ship because all I have in my town is the little FedEx drop box.  Too bad it's not UPS so I could ship it from my work.  Looks like I'll be searching for a FedEx shipping location now too. 
View Quote

They did that to me too.  I have a Larue MBT in mine.  I kept trying to call and couldn't get through.  Got the little box, now they are sending the box for the whole rifle.  Will probably be months before it comes back.  The rifle is still virgin.  I've never shot it.

Between this and the no guarantee on the MPX by Geiselle, I'm putting both the MCX and MPX up for sale as soon as whole fiasco is done.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 12:35:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Sorry Lucy, but I thin I'm going to keep my return box in the closet and let others on the site send in theirs first. I want to see what the real turn around time is on the new BCG. I also will wait to see what others have to say about the new BCG and how well it works before I return mine.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:26:58 AM EDT
[#35]
(Shortround) pm me and I'll take them off your hands. ;)
I'm diff keeping mine. It's been nothing but reliable!
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#36]
I posted this in another thread, but it might be of interest in this thread:

No word of Sig shipping the box to return my entire 5.56 MCX for the recall (LaRue MBT trigger installed) (called Sig the day after the recall notice was sent), but I just got (in my email inbox this morning) a shipping notice that my 16" MCX 300 Blackout conversion kit ordered 4-11-2016 has shipped!

I'd taken off the scope on the MCX in preparation for shipping the MCX to Sig for the bolt carrier upgrade...may have to put the scope back on so I can try the 300 BLK kit. Sig is suppose to also send the muzzle thread adaptor so I can put my non-Sig suppressor on the BLK bbl, but no mention of that part in the shipping notice I was just sent.  

It's been so long ago that I ordered the kit that I don't remember what all comes with it.  Wonder if it will be compatible with my 5.56 MCX that's not had the recall done on it or will I have to return the kit for the upgrade?  I will do another post when the kit arrives, with pics if applicable.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Please do. I'm very interested.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 2:49:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My local dealer pooped his pants today. I ask if the MCX he had on the wall was the new one with the post recall bolt group. He said "What recall??" followed by "Holy Shit!!!! when I showed him the web and Sig's own website  He had just received 12 MCX rifles yesterday all, with the old MCX bolt groups. Just arrived from Sig!  He is MAD AS HELL !!!  He is sending all 12 back and will not order any more until they get this straightened out!  He was really mad when he sow the recall notice. He sell hundreds of Sig pistols per month but I'll be he won't be selling Sig rifles any time in the near future. SO far the only Sig long gun they managed not to FU was the Sig M400 which is just another AR15.
View Quote
pretty much true.  I will not buy another Sig long gun and will look hard at any of the handguns before I buy.  I own a P220 which I love.  I have not had issues with pistols.
BTW, I have not received my shipping box.  I was one of the first to call Sig and start this process.  See my posts above.
I sold my MCX to another ARFCOMMER. 
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 3:55:12 PM EDT
[#39]
I got my Bcg box on the 6th and sent it in. I was originally going to send in the rifle but I know sig still doesn't have a trigger fix and I didn't want my rifle sitting there for months. Cs rep told me to call back in a month or so to see if there is a trigger fix and then I will have to send in my rifle. I'll post when it returns.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:27:22 PM EDT
[#40]
I can't wait until someone gets the new BCG back from Sig. I don't want to send mine in until I hear from someone who has and has gotten to try it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
pretty much true.  I will not buy another Sig long gun and will look hard at any of the handguns before I buy.  I own a P220 which I love.  I have not had issues with pistols.
BTW, I have not received my shipping box.  I was one of the first to call Sig and start this process.  See my posts above.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was really considering an MPX..............had the cash ready to go, but after reading all the posts and hearing about the issues faced by those owning MCX rifles and other assorted stuff, I no longer think I want to spend my cash on one...............I will look elsewhere for something different
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 7:34:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I was really considering an MPX..............had the cash ready to go, but after reading all the posts and hearing about the issues faced by those owning MCX rifles and other assorted stuff, I no longer think I want to spend my cash on one...............I will look elsewhere for something different
View Quote

Run away. Never look back.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 1:10:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Cylone, Pick up a IWI Tavor and never look back. The Tavor has been around for many years and has no issues at all. I own two Tavor's and two MCX rifles. The Tavor is the best by far. And you can get the 9mm barrel and have 5.56mm and 9mm in the same gun.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 1:11:44 AM EDT
[#44]
KGKinght1037, The CS rep told me two weeks ago 10 day turn around time. The have no clue at all.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 1:41:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Contacted sig 1/5/17
Got the email today saying
Carrier box is on its way...
Honestly mine runs perfect and I don't know if I'm going to send mine in...
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:30:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Contacted sig 1/5/17
Got the email today saying
Carrier box is on its way...
Honestly mine runs perfect and I don't know if I'm going to send mine in...
View Quote
Mine ran perfectly also.  But that does not help when the mfg tell you that you must not operate the firearm because of possible catastrophic and deadly consequence.  I would have loved to keep my MCX but Sig ended that.  Sig pretty much just flat pissed me off and they lost a customer.  I am sure I am not alone.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:42:26 AM EDT
[#47]
So the thousands apon thousands of rounds everyone here has fired through their Mcx's and no one has had a problem except the factory....?
Or do I have this wrong?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:49:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So the thousands apon thousands of rounds everyone here has fired through their Mcx's and no one has had a problem except the factory....?
Or do I have this wrong?
View Quote

Never had any issues with mine other than FTE Winchester white box. Going to test it some more this week and see if I can duplicate a slam fire. I'm on the fence about keeping it because of this recall and how it's being handled, deceit, lies etc... still no box from sig, no trigger fix despite being assured one. If come across a scar 16 or ACR I'm jumping on it and punting the MCX.

ETA. I tried to duplicate a slamfire today with LC 62gr and wolf gold 55gr around thirty times and not one slamfire, FTE, FTF etc...  the rifle is still performing flawless with around 800 rounds through it. I'm using a Geissele Tricon and upon inspecting it I see no abnormal wear. I'll sit back and see what Sigs move is. I'm happy with the rifle and feel confident in it and see no reason to send it or the BCG in.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Prob someone bumpfired one and didn't know what happend...
Watch the new bolt won't let you bumpfire! Mark my words.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:40:08 PM EDT
[#50]
After saying that, I'm going to wait for a guinea pig to try the new bolt carrier out before I jump in the return B.S.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top