Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2016 12:55:50 PM EDT
Been looking for a BOB, soft case or pack for my MPX.  I tried the Sig deployment bag but it was no bueno for my intended purpose.

My plan is to SBR the pistol, use the telescoping stock.  I've already done the barrel chop and will be keeping the full length hand guard with my Rev 9 can married to the gun.
I'd also like the ability to keep a 30 rounder inserted if needed.  In pistol form, it's 18.5" overall length.  My guess is that the tele-stock might add 4" to 5" to bring the overall
length to +/- 23".

A modifiable 24 hr BOB with an interior capable of 23" length (w or w/o a mag inserted) would be a good start.  Covert not necessary....

What are you all using?  Pics would be appreciated...

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.larue.com/covert-rifle-case-mkII
I have been looking for the same thing. I have a larue covert case that may work, I need to get it out and check the sizing

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I am currently using a Bulldog case, like so:
https://www.amazon.com/Bulldog-Cases-Compact-Inch-Discreet-29-Inch/dp/B005CGLUVU
http://www.bulldogcases.com/case-vaults/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=95

The center panel comes out, dont need for MPX.

It fits fine, and it take velcro hook accessories.  I want something more backpack like.  Still looking....
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 7:20:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw this pic and fell in love. It's an Arcteryx Khard 30  I wasn't willing to pay the almost $400 for the pack though, so I bought the Vanquest version, almost the same.  Still building the pouch layout.

Link Posted: 9/15/2016 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Look at eberlestock cherry bomb or secret weapon pack. Vertx also has some that may work for you.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:27:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I got one of these guys on order:
http://www.511tactical.com/select-carry-sling-pack.html

I'll take some pics with MPX SBR after it shows up.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 9:31:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look at eberlestock cherry bomb or secret weapon pack. Vertx also has some that may work for you.
View Quote

This. I use the cherry bomb everyday for mine. It's long enough to accommodate my 4.5" with can attached and tele stock.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 9:51:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This. I use the cherry bomb everyday for mine. It's long enough to accommodate my 4.5" with can attached and tele stock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics??
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Pics??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics??

Fits inside the bag with 30 round mag and can attached to 4.5" barrel with telescoping stock collapsed.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 12:35:10 AM EDT
[#9]
If the cherry bomb can double as a carry-on (less MPX of course)...  We may have found a winner!
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:02:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If the cherry bomb can double as a carry-on (less MPX of course)...  We may have found a winner!
View Quote

Oh yeah it's tiny for a backpack just a tad longer than a normal one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 10:55:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Mine isn't set up as a BOB because it was designed for the MPX and mags only. I see a BOB as something with backup meds, some food, first aid, my G17, Sub2000, (4) 17rd mags and (5) 33rd mags with +P 125 Gold dots.

Anyway,  I wanted a mostly nondescript backpack to keep my SBR close. The layout had to prove the rifle was not loaded in the case because WI rifle transport laws suck and although it was a pistol at birth I didn't feel comfortable with trying to explain that to a cop on the side of the road. Besides, why would I pistol that, if I am resorting to just a pistol i'll take my above mentioned 17 with a fun stick and probably shoot better then holding the MPX because the VFG would need to removed (as a pistol).

The other thing I felt was important is retention, I didn't want my MPX to flop around. I want to open the cover and it be in the exact same spot every time.

I bought the foam on Amazon for a few $$ and after sizing it I sprayed it with plastidip to help prevent wear.

Link Posted: 9/17/2016 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I like the concept!  Which bag is that?
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 10:34:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I like the concept!  Which bag is that?
View Quote

A terrible company BDS tactical, i placed a $1,000.00 order with them online a few years ago.

I should have researched them more before going with them.

The stuff I got is good quality but not worth the hassle it took to get.

Took almost a year to get my order.

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Carry Bag from the last Sig sale..about $60.  Fits the MPX with a HK Parts 3-Lug adapter and a B&T 3-Lug Flash Hider:

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:59:39 AM EDT
[#15]
I got the 5.11 Select Sling Bag in yesterday.

Here are some pics, in the "rotated around to the front" orientation:

I found the rentention strap very handy, put a QD swivel on it and it keeps the weapon handy, and you can flip it out with out worry of going too far.  My biggest surprise is how much the sight hangs up  in the bag.   Flat top will come out much cleaner.   The fold stock works better too for me, the collapsable tends to hang up as well.

Their vid, the blue mp5 at 1:40 or so gives the idea:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmOlLtjnbP4[/youtube]
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 9:02:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I have one of the 5.11 sling bags as well. I am still waiting on can to get out of jail and have not chopped the barrel, running it with the folder stock.
the bag can be configured to have a tether (single point sling) to your MPX so if you are using it - it can flip out a folding stock when removing. I find that a 20 rounder fits in the MPX in the bag much better than the 30 round mag.

I was surprised by the construction of the sling bag and like it for what it is.

The bag also come with a removable fanny bag that fits across the front of the sling that allows for quick access to a handgun.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 10:55:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I just picked up the Haley Strategic INCOG subgun bag. So far it's pretty nice

https://www.haleystrategic.com/weapon-accessories/incog-subgun-bag

Other side with triple MOLLE mag pouch and thigh rig
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top