Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2016 11:37:56 PM EDT
I got to handle one at the LGS the other day and I loved it! Ordinarily I would have gone straight to the real thing in 5.56, but unfortunately living in California the .22 version is the only one I can get.

Are they reliable? Accurate? Anybody own one who want's to chime in?
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 6:42:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought one a few years ago as a low cost trainer for my SIG 556R.  Then .22 ammo dried up or got stupid expensive.

Mine is accurate and reliable.  On my first range day with it I grabbed up a bunch of old (20 years plus) ammo from an old range bag I ran across in the attic.

All of it went bang.

I was loading the magazines (same Black Dog magazines I use in the AR15's with the conversion kits.  Suddenly the group (still a nice group) moved from my POA to a spot below and left.  I looked in the old plastic 100 round box and saw that part of the box had changed from Remington plated hollow points to Federal plated hollow points.  I'd mixed up the ammo some time in the past to empty a couple paper 50 round boxes and hadn't noticed it till I checked for reasons for the POI change.

Neat little rifles.  I keep thinking I should go through the paperwork/expense of getting a suppressor for it.  It would be a good varmint eliminator.

I've only shot long rifle ammo through it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 6:35:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I had the 20" heavy barrel for a few years, more accurate than my buddies 10/22 heavy target. Overall great quality. I swapped it for a M&P 15/22 MOE. The 15/22 is plenty accurate, weighs much less, & is a more compatible training partner for my AR. Accessories are almost non-existent for a 522.

I'm running an ALG NIB trigger with yellow JP springs, Ergo Grip, Minimalist stock, Primary 1-4x24 scope on SWFA SALT mounts on the 15/22.

If I were just shooting varmint or paper - 522 all day. Steel & repetitive muscle memory training - I'd go M&P.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#3]
My 522 is one of my favorite rifles. Great weapon.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:02:24 AM EDT
[#4]
it works, all the time. The controls are close enough to a AR15, very accurate . Mine has a Vortex Spark on the low mount. Great little gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top