Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2016 6:24:06 PM EDT
Is there any of the Flaming Pig type muzzle devices that are long enough to permanently attach to the MPX carbine that would keep the barrel length legal?
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 6:54:33 PM EDT
[#1]
You would have to pin and weld a faux suppressor (13.5x1LH thread) or something similar. The barrel is only 8" long, you'll need over 8" of muzzle device to meet the 16" minimum length requirement.

If Virginia allows SBR's that would be the better option IMO.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is there any of the Flaming Pig type muzzle devices that are long enough to permanently attach to the MPX carbine that would keep the barrel length legal?
View Quote

Try KAK industries. They make a few things that work for the MPX. Its hard to find different stuff on their website though. Like the FLASH can comes in different thread pitches but hard to figure out.

https://www.kakindustry.com/ar-15-parts/upper-parts/barrels/9mm/kak-industry-flash-can-9mm

Or just google fake suppressor and there should be something that will work. Even if you have to cut it.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:15:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You would have to pin and weld a faux suppressor (13.5x1LH thread) or something similar. The barrel is only 8" long, you'll need over 8" of muzzle device to meet the 16" minimum length requirement.

If Virginia allows SBR's that would be the better option IMO.
View Quote

No, the carbine barrel itself is about 13-1/2". The flash hider on it is also perm attached already. Would still be a pain to put anything else on it though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay, I guess I'll just keep it the way it is.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I would be tempted to have it cut and threaded to give you more options.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:18:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Personally I'd sell it and get the pistol and SBR it. That or SBR it and have the barrel cut or get a 8 inch barrel from sig(if they have ever gotten around to selling them) and run a suppressor under the hand guard.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:22:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm in the same boat. thinking about getting cut and threaded and using the Lantac dragon for 9mm. then maybe adding a suppressor later on.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm in the same boat. thinking about getting cut and threaded and using the Lantac dragon for 9mm. then maybe adding a suppressor later on.
View Quote

Just buy a MPX  Lantac Dragon I still see a few places that have it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top