Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2016 10:19:12 AM EDT
I just bought my first AR (ish) rifle a Sig MCX in 556x45.  I pick it up tomorrow afternoon and was hoping that I could get some insight into what ammo has performed well for others until I can get some brass dies and powder. I have heard the triggers are absolutely crap so that and a good optic will be the first things I take care of. Has anyone tried the velocity triggers. I already dropped 1500 on the rifle and another 700ish will go into an optic so I would like to avoid a $200+ investment in a tigger. I currently have a compitition trigger in several bolt guns and I just can't deal with a $#!+ trigger. Thanks in advance for the help.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:57:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on a fine rifle.

I wouldn't say the trigger is crap,but mine is over 10 lbs

So far mine eats everything, and prefers good old green tips...
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:15:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine doesn't like Wolf or Tula .223, I've fired both 55r and 62r varieties and neither would cycle the bolt.  American Eagle .223 in 55gr wouldn't hold the bolt back on last round, this was while using a g3 pmag.  Other than that I've shot some federal xm193 and it cycled fine.  Personally i don't think the trigger is as bad as some say.  It is heavy but breaks cleanly with no creep.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:23:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I would love to have one in my safe.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:40:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I am looking to get the trigger down to 3-3.5 lbs. After 10 years of shooting bolt guns mostly set to 1.5# I can't go to an 8+ lb trigger
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:42:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Congrats! This is a good great, solid and will not need any adjustment. I've ran various ball rounds from mine, no issues. Typical "carbine" groups when getting it zeroed. 2-3" with Trijicon MRO

http://algdefense.com/alg-combat-trigger-act.html
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 7:12:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Congrats! This is a good great, solid and will not need any adjustment. I've ran various ball rounds from mine, no issues. Typical "carbine" groups when getting it zeroed. 2-3" with Trijicon MRO

http://algdefense.com/alg-combat-trigger-act.html
View Quote

This!

I love the SSA but for the $$$ the ACT is the best!!

BK

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:23:28 PM EDT
[#7]
If you don't mind waiting a little bit, you could score a LaRue Tactical MBT for 125.

Fantastic trigger, I have one and plan on picking up some more.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#8]
That LaRue trigger looks like a hell of a good deal. I might have to order one
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 7:27:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I just picked mine up today.  It is a little loose fitting between upper/lower.  Less so when mag is in.  Will probably try an o-ringto tighten it up.

So, the mag that came with it was an Okay brand. Not bagged or anything, just thrown in the box. It looked like it had been in a couple tours in Iraq. Follower looked good and it was clean but really dinged up otherwise with a lot of finish wear including insertion marks. Is this what they are shipping? Not really concerned about it but it as a little odd.  All mags I have ever gotten with a new gun looked new.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just picked mine up today.  It is a little loose fitting between upper/lower.  Less so when mag is in.  Will probably try an o-ringto tighten it up.

So, the mag that came with it was an Okay brand. Not bagged or anything, just thrown in the box. It looked like it had been in a couple tours in Iraq. Follower looked good and it was clean but really dinged up otherwise with a lot of finish wear including insertion marks. Is this what they are shipping? Not really concerned about it but it as a little odd.  All mags I have ever gotten with a new gun looked new.
View Quote

I don't even think I got one with mine. So there's that. You can adjust the play in the upper/lower btw.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:07:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

Mine came with the same loose mag that was all scuffed up. I little surprising considering the cost of the rifle.

I'm surprised by the upper/lower slop. There is a spring loaded plunger in the bottom of the lower to tighten the fit. I wonder if there is an adjustment on it.

BK

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:07:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I see the small spring loaded pin.  How does it adjust?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:29:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I think it would make for a cool 8" 300blk rifle. With the folder it would be a pretty neat little gun.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:17:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I see the small spring loaded pin.  How does it adjust?
View Quote

Isn't it under pistol grip?  Sorry haven't looked at it in a few months.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:48:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought mine to SBR in 300 blk.  We had a very recent rule change that makes SBR doable where I live.

There is a screw in there.  Seemed tight. I didn't want to over torque it. Also seemed to have no relation to the pin in the lower?  Forward of it and pointing more forward.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 2:00:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought a bushnell elite 1.25-4 ×24 scope and an swfa ssalt mount yesterday all I have left is a new trigger and some reloading dies. I'm hoping to get out and shoot her in 2 weeks. I might bring it with me to the Williamsport 1000yard club when I shoot my 300wsm. They have steel gongs at 400 yard's. It will be fun to try with the sig.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top