Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2016 4:35:53 PM EDT
I wanted to get some opinions on suppressing my MPX SBR.  This is becoming a rather expensive project and im trying to keep costs down.  I have an Octane 45HD with fixed barrel spacer and a 8x1.625" form 1 .44 suppressor that uses Bowers VersAdapt inserts.  My options appear to be:
1. Buy a VersAdapt in 13.5x1 -$45 (cheapest, but heavier and I'm not sure how LH insert will work with RH threaded can)
2. Buy a 13.5x1 Octane piston -$70
3. Buy a 3-lug set up for Octane -$expensive

I've never used a 3-lug before, but I understand that it solves the problem of threads loosening.  Is it worth the money for what essentially is a range toy?

Any experience using VersAdapt on LH threads?

If 3-lug is the best option, what's the cheapest route to go?

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:03:30 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.griffinarmament.com/Revolution-3-Lug-Adapters-p/93l.htm
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.griffinarmament.com/Revolution-3-Lug-Adapters-p/93l.htm
View Quote

OK.  I didn't realize that they were that cheap.  It looks like 3 lug set up will be $70+120.  Not as bad as I thought, but also more expensive than the direct thread options.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:19:34 PM EDT
[#3]
You will need a 3-lug adapter and the Silencerco or GA 3-lug adapter for your Octane.

Another option is the 13.5x1 MPX direct thread mount:https://www.store.silencerco.com/products/thread-mount?variant=4736355460
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought the mpx 3-lug mount from HK parts and AAC's triad 3-lug adapter for my TiRant. Love the setup, shot 500 rounds through it this past Sunday.. everything stayed locked up tight , didn't notice any POI shift.. I'd recommend it over a direct thread.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the feedback.  Does the 3-lug setup add any length with a suppressor attached?
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 12:08:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the feedback.  Does the 3-lug setup add any length with a suppressor attached?
View Quote

I'll measure my mpx with direct thread tirant and 3lug tirant when I get home and let you know.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 12:42:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I elected to do the Obsidian 45, 3-lug, and the Rugged internal 3-lug mount.  

It should be a good setup with limited blowback and gives me the option to have a long and K length setup.  That being said, I am still a couple of months getting it out of ATF jail to prove the theory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top