Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2016 7:13:10 AM EDT
Anyone have any more info on when this part will be available?????
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 7:58:36 AM EDT
[#1]
It will be available when MCX upper assemblies start shipping.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:36:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Uppers are available and come with the adapter but I do not see the adapter for sale by itself.
mcx 16" upper
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Uppers are available and come with the adapter but I do not see the adapter for sale by itself.
mcx 16" upper
View Quote

Impossible. Certain members here have banished sig from their safes because such MCX parts are not available
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Osage says in stock...with the adapter??????
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered one. So we shall see.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#6]
And everything arrived today. I've bolted the adapter up to my old AR lower and hope to shoot it tomorrow. This upper is the selectable-gas model, not that I'll ever shoot it suppressed!

Quoted:
Osage says in stock...with the adapter??????
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 8:12:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Vandal, how is the fit of the upper to your lower?  

My MCX upper was loose on a BCM lower without the adapter.  Does the adapter tighten things up?

Also, the upper was wider than the lower so the edges on both sides "hung off".  Is that the case with the conversion upper?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 9:31:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm in CA and have to run this on an old pre-ban lower, which is an early 4-digit PWA! Yes the upper is much thicker than the lower from the mag well to the back. I can only imagine the MCX lower to be thicker there. Doesn't bother me at all though - -you don't notice it when looking from the side, in fact I didn't notice at all until you mentioned it.

Fit is great. I do use an accuwedge but even with out it not much play at all.The adapter does nothing to take out any play, it's only to provide an abutment for the recoil springs, and a place to mount the stock.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 10:46:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the update vandal.  Glad to hear that you have a good fit.  I was not concerned about the width either, just the excessive side to side wobble.  I was thinking that the portion of the adapter that retains the recoil springs might help with that.  I would definitely like to get an adapter separately to try out with the upper I already have.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 7:34:05 AM EDT
[#10]
So...maybe the adapters will ship soon, now that the uppers are out there.....I hope....I picked up my upper from a guy that parted out his MCX, so I need the adapter to pair up to my registered lower.....I'm in NY so I can't buy a complete rifle.....
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'm in CA and have to run this on an old pre-ban lower, which is an early 4-digit PWA! Yes the upper is much thicker than the lower from the mag well to the back. I can only imagine the MCX lower to be thicker there. Doesn't bother me at all though - -you don't notice it when looking from the side, in fact I didn't notice at all until you mentioned it.

Fit is great. I do use an accuwedge but even with out it not much play at all.The adapter does nothing to take out any play, it's only to provide an abutment for the recoil springs, and a place to mount the stock.
View Quote

I'd love to see some pics of the fitment. I shot a 9" .300 BLK MCX last weekend and was really impressed. I'm considering grabbing an upper to throw on a SBR lower and then going with a MCX stock.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 10:21:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#13]
damn that stick outs quite a bit.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 7:02:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'd love to see some pics of the fitment. I shot a 9" .300 BLK MCX last weekend and was really impressed. I'm considering grabbing an upper to throw on a SBR lower and then going with a MCX stock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the other thread, somebody said Q4 for SBR AR-15 conversion kits. I'm hoping that tracks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top