Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2016 11:06:16 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a place that can chop both the barrel and handguard to the 4.5" configuration?  I know of a few places that will do the barrel but haven't seen anything on the handguard.

UPDATE.  Got it back and ZRTS done a very good job.  Price was $225.

Looking at these pictures tells me I was in too big a hurry when I put the flash hider on..

Link Posted: 4/1/2016 11:58:58 AM EDT
[#1]
https://www.zrtacticalsolutions.com/

Does both
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 9:35:47 PM EDT
[#2]
ZR did mine.

Link Posted: 4/9/2016 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quick question: to make the 4.5" barrel function (just as-is, without a suppressor) Is it a simple cut & thread, or does the gas system need to be modified?
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 3:21:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Gas system doesn't need changed.  I think 16" to 4.5" might need changed though.  8" to 4.5" is fine.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gas system doesn't need changed.  I think 16" to 4.5" might need changed though.  8" to 4.5" is fine.
View Quote

Good to know -- Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Sent it in to ZRTS today.  I will post some pics when I get it back.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sent it in to ZRTS today.  I will post some pics when I get it back.
View Quote

Please do, I'm interested in this
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:03:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Does this ZR outfit re-anodize the rail, or do they just throw some paint on it? Any high res pics of their thread job?
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I will post what I can when I get it back.  Will be a week or two I am sure.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 6:46:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Is it proper form to post approximately what they charge for the 4.5" barrel/hand guard chop?

EDIT: I see the added info in the OP -- thanks!
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Added pictures
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Did they Cerakote it?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:08:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm interested in this service.  Am curious about the handguard.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:14:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Did they Cerakote it?
View Quote
Yes they did cerakote the handguard.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:56:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I am about to have my MPX cut.  But was thinking of going 6.5  I don't plan on ever running a suppressor. Any thoughts.  Need to make my decision before tomorrow. afternoon prior to sending it out.  I just think the 4.5 is a little too short for me without running a suppressor but want it a little shorter so I can thread the barrel to have more options.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:30:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am about to have my MPX cut.  But was thinking of going 6.5  I don't plan on ever running a suppressor. Any thoughts.  Need to make my decision before tomorrow. afternoon prior to sending it out.  I just think the 4.5 is a little too short for me without running a suppressor but want it a little shorter so I can thread the barrel to have more options.
View Quote

I had mine cut to 6" and was planning on using a Noveske kx5 when not running suppressed. But I'm thinking about just going to a 3 lug system instead.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:37:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thot about this also. I did buy a can and waiting on it but if I didn't get a can I think I'd go about 6inch also and put on probably a flash can etc. the mpx is a lot nicer when SBR with shorter barrel

Edit: looks like some one replied right before me. Same idea lol
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:44:51 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a question, I notice all of you guys with posted pics are running the gen1 guards. For those of us with the keymod rails, does anybody know if the 4.5" cut will work?

Im just wondering if the keymod slots will line up, I don't want to have it cut just to have one keymod slot cut in half
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:49:11 AM EDT
[#19]
There's a guy on the Facebook group sig mpx that does. Taylor Pickett I thing is his name. He has done a shit ton of mpx chops. Gen 1 & gen 2.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I think I am going to go 6.5, I just feel it needs to be a little shorter and that will allow me to change the muzzle brake to a nicer one even though I don't believe it does much in 9mm.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:24:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
There's a guy on the Facebook group sig mpx that does. Taylor Pickett I thing is his name. He has done a shit ton of mpx chops. Gen 1 & gen 2.
View Quote

Taylor Pickerell. He's in Houma LA.  He quoted me $165 shipping included amd 2 weeks turnaround.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:11:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Taylor Pickerell. He's in Houma LA.  He quoted me $165 shipping included amd 2 weeks turnaround.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I may have to get in touch with him then. The only real "K" model in keymod I have seen is Sullys on here in the pic thread, and I love it. But from the sounds of it there is no hope of them actually shipping from Sig, now or maybe ever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top