Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2016 1:23:46 AM EDT
For those with approved SBR's through F1's or F'4's, what was the actual model listed?

I'v read responses to various threads and forums with folks likst one or the other in the title.

Much confusion, and I don't want to risk a disapproval at this point for this one thing!
Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 3:19:24 AM EDT
[#1]
My suggestion is to use what's engraved on your firearm being form 1ed.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 7:46:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I used "Sig MPX" and it was approved.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#3]
On the ATF eForms drop down they have 2 options:

MPX
SIG MPX

I chose the latter, as thats what roll marked on the side of the lower.   My form1 is still pending, so cant say how successful that was.

For MCX they make it slightly more complicated with 3 options:

MCX
SIGMCX
SIG MCX

the last one is, once again, whats on the lower.

I would be very reluctant to choose anything not on their list.   My MPX was more like an MPX-C carbine, so I wanted to type in the correct nomenclature, but I resisted and took whats written on the lower.   Hard to argue with that.

Link Posted: 3/18/2016 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Here is the thing with the drop down menu on the ATFonline website. All the info on there is user created and any idiot can make a model and it will show up on there.

That being said, I did MPX on my eFile form 1 and its approved.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:10:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here is the thing with the drop down menu on the ATFonline website. All the info on there is user created and any idiot can make a model and it will show up on there.

View Quote

At first it seems that way, but if it was really anything any idiot typed it, the list would be far longer and dumber.   I am sure more than one person has used "MPX-P"  or "MPX-C" but neither are on the list.   I expect is only values which have been approved or such.   I deal with stupid things people enter on web forms every day.     The ATF list is amazingly clean if thats the case.

I agree, rule #1:  use whats written on the side of the damn gun.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 2:15:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

At first it seems that way, but if it was really anything any idiot typed it, the list would be far longer and dumber.   I am sure more than one person has used "MPX-P"  or "MPX-C" but neither are on the list.   I expect is only values which have been approved or such.   I deal with stupid things people enter on web forms every day.     The ATF list is amazingly clean if thats the case.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was taken from the other thread from the Sig drop down list. Glock 17 and DracoC are on that list. User input.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 3:06:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I put MPX
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Shit. Sent them an email, hopefully they can correct mine.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Once it is submitted you can't change it. They will let you re-submit as soon as it is denied and they will expedite approving it but it will cost you another $200. It takes close to 90 days to get your original $200 back in the refund.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#10]
"Sig MPX" here and it was approved on my Form 1.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Once it is submitted you can't change it. They will let you re-submit as soon as it is denied and they will expedite approving it but it will cost you another $200. It takes close to 90 days to get your original $200 back in the refund.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuuuuuuck
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I just put MPX and was approved
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 11:08:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My suggestion is to use what's engraved on your firearm being form 1ed.
View Quote

Except this Sig P516 does not conform (I suspect due to it's manufactured as a 'pistol' classification).  The lower receiver does not have the model engraved.  My form 1 status is now 'Pending Research'.

Link Posted: 3/18/2016 11:21:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was wondering about this myself.  So I would assume if it does show up in the drop down, it was researched and approved by the ATF...  (silly assumption i'm sure).
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#15]
So BOTH "Sig MPX" and " MPX" are acceptable is what I'm gathering here.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I actually had the same question back when I submitted my form 1. I used "ask the experts" however I never received a response back. I just submitted it with the model as "MPX" and it was approved, HOWEVER recently I have seen a lot more rejected forms for the model name not matching exactly what is engraved on the firearm. I would use "sig mpx" if I were to submit another form 1 today. Just my opinion of course, but after seeing the scorpion evo forms getting kicked back for not Including "CZ scorpion evo 3 S1" as the model I would type it exactly as it appears on the lower, which is "sig mpx".
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Well.....I guess I screwed up a also as I didn't see an SIG MPX or MPX option in the drop down so I submitted it in the eform system as a non classified model type with a picture included.  I wonder what they will do with that since it's still pending research.

Edit.  For the manufacturer I selected Sig Arms (SIG SAUER) and then I created my own weapon type SIG MPX.  I wonder it will even make it through research without being rejected.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 1:35:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you are lucky.

Do what's engraved on the firearm so you don't have to depend on luck.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Also take pictures of the model and serial number and submit them with it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 3:50:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I had MPX-P and it got rejected last week. The examiner specially stated it is listed as Sig MPX on the reciever and the paperwork must say Sig MPX.  I resubmitted and it got approved on Saturday 3/19.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:36:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I had MPX-P and it got rejected last week. The examiner specially stated it is listed as Sig MPX on the reciever and the paperwork must say Sig MPX.  I resubmitted and it got approved on Saturday 3/19.
View Quote

I originally put "MPX" on a paper form and it was rejected about a month ago.  My examiner also suggested that "Sig MPX" was the correct answer.  I corrected it and re-sent it in an got it back as approved in less than 10 days.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 9:42:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well.....I guess I screwed up a also as I didn't see an SIG MPX or MPX option in the drop down so I submitted it in the eform system as a non classified model type with a picture included.  I wonder what they will do with that since it's still pending research.

Edit.  For the manufacturer I selected Sig Arms (SIG SAUER) and then I created my own weapon type SIG MPX.  I wonder it will even make it through research without being rejected.
View Quote

hmmm....I guess they were ok with what I did since I included pictures and everything.  Will they normally approve a research item if they see an issue with how it was input?

This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission with the subject Permit/Control number has changed to SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:51:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

hmmm....I guess they were ok with what I did since I included pictures and everything.  Will they normally approve a research item if they see an issue with how it was input?

This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission with the subject Permit/Control number has changed to SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in the middle of trying to Form1 my Sig m400 pistol in 300 blk, on eForms. The Manuf verification button will only accept the verification/input  of "Sig Arms (Sig Sauer)", but my lower has "Sig Sauer Inc" engraved .  The model and caliber is nowhere on the lower either, very odd. The upper receiver has M400 engraved into it, so I was going to put what the eForms verification system wants to see "Sig Arms (Sig Sauer)" and the Model as "M400" (I have the pistol version of the M400). Apparently "Sig Arms (Sig Sauer)" worked for halflife...

What are you all using  "Sig Arms (Sig Sauer)" or "Sig Sauer Inc"??
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:01:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm in the middle of trying to Form1 my Sig m400 pistol in 300 blk, on eForms. The Manuf verification button will only accept the verification/input  of "Sig Arms (Sig Sauer)", but my lower has "Sig Sauer Inc" engraved .  The model and caliber is nowhere on the lower either, very odd. The upper receiver has M400 engraved into it, so I was going to put what the eForms verification system wants to see "Sig Arms (Sig Sauer)" and the Model as "M400" (I have the pistol version of the M400). Apparently "Sig Arms (Sig Sauer)" worked for halflife...

What are you all using  "Sig Arms (Sig Sauer)" or "Sig Sauer Inc"??
View Quote

I have a F1 pending on a M400 pistol in 5.56. I used "Sig Arms (Sig Sauer)" for the manufacturer and "SIG M400" for the model (which is engraved on the upper receiver).
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks.

I went ahead and did 'SIG SAUER INC' and 'SIGM400', which is exactly what's on the lower and upper, then attached pics ("caliber' and "300" too).

Ehh, might be a little longer wait. People seem to be getting their 'pending research' status updated to 'submitted/pending' after about a week.

Its crazy how loose all the manufacturers are with their markings and how strict the Form 1 needs to be. Maybe that's not a coincidence .

eta my lower has no caliber, multi, not anything marked/related to the rounds, etc. engraved on it. The barrel is marked though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#27]
I had the pistol originally so I used MPX-P. It was rejected and I had to resubmit and got approved the next day. Use MPX.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#28]
MPX was denied for me.  Examiner emailed me directly with the instructions to use SIG MPX and I was approved immediately after submitting.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I know someone who put MPX and was approved. I put MPX when I submitted the other day and I'm nervous because a denial would put me past the deadline for 41F. I emailed someone at the ATF to see if MPX is correct or if it has to be Sig MPX, we'll see if I get a response.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Any updates on "MPX" vs. "SIG MPX"?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote

SIG MPX

/thread
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 6:47:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Just got the fix it letter for having just MPX as the model.  Will send out today with SIG added.  In my letter they didn't say what it needed to be changed to, so it was good that I these discussions have popped up.  My form 1 was sent to them on 1/16/16.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

SIG MPX

/thread
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

SIG MPX

/thread

This...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top