Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2016 1:07:43 PM EDT
which   stock  do  most  people  prefer   the  short   railed  one .  or  the  longer  railed  one   I  just  got   the  shorter  railed  one
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:51:44 PM EDT
[#1]
My form just cleared and I got the long railed collapsible a few weeks ago....and IMHO it feels just right in the MPX.  Since Sig still offers the MPX collapsible stock....I'd rather get that stock than the shorter railed stock that was made for the MCX.  Functionality is the same...but I'd rather get parts specific for the model.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine was the longer one, which is what I wanted, but the bag was marked with the shorter one.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#3]
There is no difference in length of pull. The only difference is the length of the rail behind the last notch. It is shortened so it doesn't hit the brass deflector on the MCX. I have a longer one that I either have to try and exchange or trade. Either that or toss the one rail in the lathe and shorten it half an inch.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is no difference in length of pull. The only difference is the length of the rail behind the last notch. It is shortened so it doesn't hit the brass deflector on the MCX. I have a longer one that I either have to try and exchange or trade. Either that or toss the one rail in the lathe and shorten it half an inch.
View Quote

PM sent! I have the shorter one but just think it would look better with the longer rails even if it doesn't add any length of pull.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:24:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Functionally they're the same in an MPX. The longer one doesn't work on the MCX.

On the MPX, the longer one might be more visually appealing when closed. The shorter one is slightly lighter weight.

The only benefit of the longer one is that it looks a tad cooler when everything is collapsed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top