Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2016 3:45:57 AM EDT
Anyone try the binary firing system trigger in the MPX yet? How did it work or not?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I have not, but man they are proud of their triggers.  I have heard that some people have had problems with the Geissele SD3g trigger in the mpx.  However, that is highly contrary to my own experience.  The best description I have heard in regards to the SD3g in the mpx is that: "it's more fun than a bag full of puppies".  Not to mention the SD3g is half the cost of the system you mention.  I just can't imagine it having $300 worth of better performance over the Geissele.  I own two of them and they have far exceeded my expectations of trigger control.  Of course maybe someone else has experience with both and can give you a good comparison.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#2]
To me that trigger sounds extremely unsafe and and accident waiting to happen!
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:14:05 PM EDT
[#3]
They are going to be releasing one specifically for the Mpx.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have not, but man they are proud of their triggers.  I have heard that some people have had problems with the Geissele SD3g trigger in the mpx.  However, that is highly contrary to my own experience.  The best description I have heard in regards to the SD3g in the mpx is that: "it's more fun than a bag full of puppies".  Not to mention the SD3g is half the cost of the system you mention.  I just can't imagine it having $300 worth of better performance over the Geissele.  I own two of them and they have far exceeded my expectations of trigger control.  Of course maybe someone else has experience with both and can give you a good comparison.
View Quote
I have both. If you want to run true full auto rates, binary gets it done.

Average person with some training and an SD3G can do about 450 RPM.

Average person with binary will run about 700RPM. I get occasional splits that touch 900RPM, but for long mag dumps I'm about 650 to 700RPM sustained.

Here is a 100 round surefire mag with the Franklin trigger. My gas key was slightly loose, which caused the first round to short stroke.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:01:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some make the same argument for full auto, or firearms in general. It's a training issue.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:37:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Some make the same argument for full auto, or firearms in general. It's a training issue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  Comes down to training.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:14:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have said it before and will say it again. Nothing good will come of this.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 3:03:07 AM EDT
[#8]
While there is one 6 second video showing a MPX being shot with the BFS in it its hard to say if it's problem free. The bolt velocity is supposed to be much faster with the MPX than with an AR. There is another video which describes how the back up disconnector works in order to prevent a malfunction which would approximate actual full auto firing. I would be concerned that if the hammer came back with enough force it would trip this sear causing the trigger to only work as a release trigger.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 10:45:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the Binary in a MPX and it does just fine.  The only issue I had was with the pins wanting to creep out of the receiver.  Solved by a KNS pin kit.  There is a mark where the hammer hits the trigger housing.  It definitely gets a lot of attention when you dump 30 rounds.  I have probably had more rounds shot through it by people wanting to try "one more mag" with big smiles than I have shot through it myself.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 10:51:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

While there is one 6 second video showing a MPX being shot with the BFS in it its hard to say if it's problem free. The bolt velocity is supposed to be much faster with the MPX than with an AR. There is another video which describes how the back up disconnector works in order to prevent a malfunction which would approximate actual full auto firing. I would be concerned that if the hammer came back with enough force it would trip this sear causing the trigger to only work as a release trigger.
View Quote
The back up disconnector is to prevent the trigger from being held at the break point and then the hammer never gets caught by a disconnector and just follows the bolt carrier.

I get about 700RPM from my binary trigger with occasional splits at about 900RPM.  I'm using a lightened carrier so my bolt carrier should be cycling about 1000rpm and it's not causing me any issues.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 11:05:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought anything that wasn't black powder was unsafe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top