Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2016 9:00:14 PM EDT
Well had some cash burning a hole in my pocket so went and bought these.  I went back and forth between a 551 and the 556xi but ended up with the xi.  Got the xi for $1,223 with military pricing so couldn't justify paying more for the 551.  

As for the 522 got it for $399 and going to have to figure out some sight system for it have no idea what I'll do yet.  Didn't even know it came with a heavy barrel until I got it home.  

Going to need some magpul AK mags as my metal mags I use in my AKs just don't look right in the XI

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 9:32:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice! now you just need to give us a range report.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 9:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah hopefully in the next couple weeks.  Now I have 3 guns I own that I haven't shot.  

I will say the XI feels fucking awesome...............until you pull the trigger.  The trigger on my $500 century AK feels better than it's trigger.  Haven't looked into aftermarket options yet but I hope there is one.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:41:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I put the same scope model on my 556R and my 522.  I figured I'd be better off looking at the same things the same way if the 522 was going to be the .22 version of the 7.62X39 rifle.  Then, of course, .22 ammo became either impossible to find, or stupid expensive, so I shoot he 556R more than the 522 these days.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 1:56:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah hopefully in the next couple weeks.  Now I have 3 guns I own that I haven't shot.  

I will say the XI feels fucking awesome...............until you pull the trigger.  The trigger on my $500 century AK feels better than it's trigger.  Haven't looked into aftermarket options yet but I hope there is one.
View Quote

The trigger can be adjusted and it will make a notable difference.  Certainly make it better than that AK trigger.  Need to find the armorer's manual.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:49:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:45:04 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the links, I had found the trigger searching online and plan to order one or two in the near future.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#7]
If you need sights for that 522 I've got a set coming off a 551a1 soon.

Hit me up if you're interested.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 8:01:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the offer I ended up just putting an optic on it.  Have yet to get either rifle to the range, hopefully next weekend.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quick range report on both of these rifles.  Both functioned flawlessly.  Put about 100 rounds through the .22 and 45 rounds through the XI.  I love the ergonomics of the XI, it just shoots wonderfully and feels great in your hands.  Can hit steel targets from 100 yards every time easy with both.  Did a 5 shot group from each from 100 yards shooting from a bench.  Not the most accurate rifles in the world but will hit a human size target without issue.  The 522 had a $24 holographic sight from amazon on it and the XI was iron sights.  

522:

XI:

Link Posted: 2/28/2016 1:47:49 AM EDT
[#10]
We're the bullets key Holing!
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 2:13:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We're the bullets key Holing!
View Quote

Maybe spall shrapnel.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 9:01:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Should have explained that, only the clear holes are the rounds I shot, the rest is spalling from the steel targets next to my paper.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 11:52:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just picked up a lightly used sig556 patrolman. I thought the trigger was pretty darn good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top