Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2016 7:12:13 PM EDT
I need a Swiss made stock for a 553 pistol. I understand that it needs to be marked Weidmann or Alle. Can anybody steer me in the right direction? Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 8:31:16 PM EDT
[#2]
back ordered :(
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 1:41:18 AM EDT
[#3]
They have them inbound soon.  I suggest you call them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I've heard the newest XI generation of the US-made version is compatible with the Swiss lower - is there any truth to that?

I know the original US-made 556 Classic stock was dimensionally incorrect for the Swiss lower.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#5]
JDI shipped mine this morning. It had been on backorder for about 3 weeks or so.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 7:29:29 PM EDT
[#6]
That JDI has some real EXPENSIVE stuff. Their gear must be blessed by the Pope or something
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 11:19:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That JDI has some real EXPENSIVE stuff. Their gear must be blessed by the Pope or something
View Quote

They are far less expensive than CO Gun Sales ever was. Swiss 55x parts are expensive. Swiss stocks for around $200 is a great deal.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 11:36:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Not to highjack but Josh do you know exactly what the conversion kits JDI sells are? Everything on the upper except the receiver and bolt group?
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:09:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They are far less expensive than CO Gun Sales ever was. Swiss 55x parts are expensive. Swiss stocks for around $200 is a great deal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.  The stocks were what $369 or $399?
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:01:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not to highjack but Josh do you know exactly what the conversion kits JDI sells are? Everything on the upper except the receiver and bolt group?
View Quote

I am curious about this too.  A 550 upper could be in my future.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 12:38:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Complete upper less the lower receiver per Dave at JDI.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 9:41:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. That's pretty awesome. I guess its considered a pistol, and must be transferred to an FFL?
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
JDI shipped mine this morning. It had been on backorder for about 3 weeks or so.
View Quote

Looks like you'll be the first customer of these that I know of.  Please keep us posted with photos.  Are they "Spare parts" without a serial number, or are they considered a pistol requiring the typical 4473 paperwork and FFL/NICS check...  I'm also curious if the front sight and rear diopter sights have tritium vial inserts or the simple white "Dummy" insert.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Looks like you'll be the first customer of these that I know of.  Please keep us posted with photos.  Are they "Spare parts" without a serial number, or are they considered a pistol requiring the typical 4473 paperwork and FFL/NICS check...  I'm also curious if the front sight and rear diopter sights have tritium vial inserts or the simple white "Dummy" insert.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They shipped my stock.  Unfortunately I haven't ordered a conversion kit.  YET.

ETA: JDI responded to my facebook message again (about the upper conversion kits) and said that they are serialized receivers and will have to be shipped to an FFL just like any other receiver.  

I thought I was done buying gun stuff for a while but the 551 LB is looking mighty tempting right now.  He also said its about a 4-6 week lead time on the uppers from Switzerland.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 9:15:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I wonder if these uppers will have to have import engraving or not?
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wonder if these uppers will have to have import engraving or not?
View Quote

I don't know. I imagine they'd have to as they are coming in as pistols.  The thought of having a complete Swiss 550 or 551 LB upper for $1600 is about to drive me crazy.  I shouldn't have bought the DSA FAL that I ordered almost 2 months ago and still haven't received....
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:00:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Received my green SIG 550 stock yesterday.  Took 4 days of shipping by FedEx from TX to North Carolina.  Stock arrived brand new.  I am super excited about this company and the prospects of getting Swiss parts here in the US for an affordable price.  

Gentlemen, you can order with confidence, this company is legit.  I am hoping I can badger them enough to carry the green pistol grip and 551 green forearm.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#18]
This is amazing news, but I wonder why the listing says w/o receiver if the guy said they were complete uppers
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:43:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This is amazing news, but I wonder why the listing says w/o receiver if the guy said they were complete uppers
View Quote

I was thinking this too. The listing he has is copied right out of the Swiss arms catalog. I'm thinking the Swiss may call the lower the recieiver.  That's all I could figure. I'm going to order a 551 LB conversion kit within the next 3-4 weeks. I just am having to rebuild my gun budget until I can.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#20]
OK, I just spoke to Dave at JDI and he confirmed that they are complete uppers.  He was nice enough to talk to me for a bit, and explained the process.  He said he will place an order for a few units to Switzerland, then fill out some ATF form to import them, when that is approved, they ship from Switzerland.  He said there is a bit of turnaround time, but he is making constant orders and some people have already gotten uppers delivered.  This is awesome.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:55:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
OK, I just spoke to Dave at JDI and he confirmed that they are complete uppers.  He was nice enough to talk to me for a bit, and explained the process.  He said he will place an order for a few units to Switzerland, then fill out some ATF form to import them, when that is approved, they ship from Switzerland.  He said there is a bit of turnaround time, but he is making constant orders and some people have already gotten uppers delivered.  This is awesome.
View Quote

Is is indeed!!!!   I'm just about on board for a 553 upper, but I am concerned about the flash hider thread - from what I've read swiss guns have a metric thread vs. 1/2x28 and this would be a problem for many suppressor mounts.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:11:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd like to see some pictures of the ones delivered. He said that they come standard in black color but could possibly be ordered in grey too. I'm about to drive myself crazy wanting a 551 LB.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Did he say how they were marked?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:39:40 AM EDT
[#24]
This is also relevant to my interests...

I wonder if "complete upper" includes the bolt carrier assembly, charging handle and piston / recoil rod assembly as well? The pictures don't appear to show them.

I also wonder if the "conversion" moniker is being used to end run import restrictions... because the upper is the registered part in the 55X system and importing an upper vs a complete gun would be pretty much the same in the eyes of the law, correct?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This is also relevant to my interests...

I wonder if "complete upper" includes the bolt carrier assembly, charging handle and piston / recoil rod assembly as well? The pictures don't appear to show them.

I also wonder if the "conversion" moniker is being used to end run import restrictions... because the upper is the registered part in the 55X system and importing an upper vs a complete gun would be pretty much the same in the eyes of the law, correct?
View Quote

It's my understanding that it's a complete upper assembly with everything, including bolt carrier, gas system, etc.  Basically just like if you pulled the two pins and took a complete upper assembly off of a brand new 55X rifle at the factory.  I'm saving as fast as I can for a 551 LB.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#26]
If it IS a complete upper then I'm in for a 551 upper for sure. $1600 for a complete upper that only needs a lower is a fucking STEAL, which is why my common sense is tingling and telling me something can't be this easy here...

Because this would mean a complete Swiss SAN 55X rifle or SBR for $2600... ("conversion" upper plus a complete lower for $1K) admittedly it would totally fail 922 regs and would require a LOT of parts swapping to get into compliance, parts that have become pretty rare since Sig USA ceased their 556 classic line.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:34:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If it IS a complete upper then I'm in for a 551 upper for sure. $1600 for a complete upper that only needs a lower is a fucking STEAL, which is why my common sense is tingling and telling me something can't be this easy here...

Because this would mean a complete Swiss SAN 55X rifle or SBR for $2600... ("conversion" upper plus a complete lower for $1K) admittedly it would totally fail 922 regs and would require a LOT of parts swapping to get into compliance, parts that have become pretty rare since Sig USA ceased their 556 classic line.
View Quote

JDI quoted me $1600 for a complete steel lower assembly with a stock, so assuming you purchased it through them it would come out to $3200, which is close or more than what the 553 pistols were selling for.  I know CO gun sales has the steel lowers for around $1K, plus figure $225 for a stock shipped from JDI, and then 922r parts if you are going to worry about that.

Either way, it's a hell of an opportunity to have real Swiss SAN rifles and parts that haven't been available for a long time.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#28]
I wonder why they show complete lowers for 1K on their site with no note that the stock or internals are not included.

I dunno, this whole thing has my suspicion meter pegging at 10. I'd love for it all to be true, but I'm going to hold off until I see results that things are what they seem to be and that people are actually getting parts and uppers. I've already got my 553 clone so its not like I'm going without... I just wonder if this little private importer is getting away with it, why didn't Sig SAN or Sig USA just do this themselves?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:05:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Just got off the phone with them again, and he said that since the units are considered a "conversion kit"  that they will not have the bolt carrier group, which I assume means no charging handle.  I forgot to ask about the gas system, but would assume it comes with it.  He said no bipod comes with it and the whole process takes about two months. He did confirm that it would be a barreled upper with the hand guard, sights and other components attached.  
As for the color, he said that he was not sure if the other colors such as green or gray were available or not, but for me to put a request in the comment section when I ordered it, otherwise black.  I too am a bit skeptic about the whole thing, as $1,600 still seems too good to be true, as well as the ability to import barreled uppers.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just got off the phone with them again, and he said that since the units are considered a "conversion kit"  that they will not have the bolt carrier group, which I assume means no charging handle.  I forgot to ask about the gas system, but would assume it comes with it.  He said no bipod comes with it and the whole process takes about two months. He did confirm that it would be a barreled upper with the hand guard, sights and other components attached.  
As for the color, he said that he was not sure if the other colors such as green or gray were available or not, but for me to put a request in the comment section when I ordered it, otherwise black.  I too am a bit skeptic about the whole thing, as $1,600 still seems too good to be true, as well as the ability to import barreled uppers.
View Quote

I wonder if they can order a bolt carrier group?  I've noticed they don't have one on their website.

ETA: I talked to JDI via Facebook again and he said that they are getting a price from SAN on the bolt carriers, and that they will be able to be ordered numbers matching with the conversion kits.  They will not be able to order a numbers matching metal lower (he cited 922r issues).

They will have metal lowers for sale, but they will not come with a stock.  

Now my question is should I try to order one in traditional grey or go with the standard black?
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#31]
So $1600 as quoted above for a complete lower set + $1600 for the upper conversion kit +$??? for the BCG & whatever else the upper needs = a hell of a lot more than the quoted price $2200-2300 for a complete SG553RP or whatever they are calling the 7.62x39 553 pistol they been planning to bring in.  I realize the stock & full sight set.does not come with the pistol but it has me wondering.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top