Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:03:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a question for newbie..... On the ATF form (sorry, I don't have it in from of me for the words they use) but what do you put down for reason for putting stock on SBR ?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:33:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a question for newbie..... On the ATF form (sorry, I don't have it in from of me for the words they use) but what do you put down for reason for putting stock on SBR ?
View Quote

Collection and all other lawful purposes
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Heads up, for those of you thinking about getting the Thin Folding Stock (Kate Moss Stock), Sig now has reduced them to $190.

I just got one, I posted the info in this thread:

Thin Folding Stock MPX
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Heads up, for those of you thinking about getting the Thin Folding Stock (Kate Moss Stock), Sig now has reduced them to $190.

Thin Folding Stock MPX
View Quote

Wow, I paid twice what you did.

And I ordered the Tele stock from Euro Optic this morning for $199 thinking it was deal over my backordered one from Sig for $239 that I'm just learning would've been reduced to $159.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And I ordered the Tele stock from Euro Optic this morning for $199 thinking it was deal over my backordered one from Sig for $239 that I'm just learning would've been reduced to $159.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thin Folding Stock MPX

Yeah trust me I was shocked!

I also paid $239 for my Tele
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:24:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Just what I said months ago, they sat on the tele stocks and sold the Kate Moss stocks to any moron that would buy one for $300(myself included) knowing full well we would
still buy the tele stock after buying the thin one(again, myself included). Only marketing flaw is I will never buy another SIG product for the rest of my life, again, fuck SIG.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Just what I said months ago, they sat on the tele stocks and sold the Kate Moss stocks to any moron that would buy one for $300(myself included) knowing full well we would

still buy the tele stock after buying the thin one(again, myself included). Only marketing flaw is I will never buy another SIG product for the rest of my life, again, fuck SIG.
View Quote

To be honest, I never would have bought the KM stock if I hadn't been waiting so long for the Tele, but I'm glad I have it. $300 was a ridiculous price though.

I'm not sure Sig is competent enough to pull that off on purpose, but that's just what they want us to think.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:59:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't understand how the Tele stocks are now available when only weeks ago Sig was telling people they were discontinued. To top it off folks were being encouraged to switch to the short railed MCX/MPX version.

Confused.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:15:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Only Sig is a shitty enough company to make people wait 7-8 months, charge them full price, then a week later drop the price.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I don't understand how the Tele stocks are now available when only weeks ago Sig was telling people they were discontinued. To top it off folks were being encouraged to switch to the short railed MCX/MPX version.

Confused.
View Quote

My Tele stock from a July order arrived today. I called Sig to return it since I have a cheaper one coming from Euro Optic, and CS advised that they had cancelled their contract with with the existing vendor for the Tele stock since they were too slow. What is finally trickling in now are likely from that original order, but they aren't ordering anymore from them. The newer shorter version is a different vendor which is why people are getting them quicker.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the morning meeting(which they probably don't have), "what do we tell the customers?" " Oh, just make up some bullshit, just make sure it's a different story from
the guy sitting next to you."
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:51:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the morning meeting(which they probably don't have), "what do we tell the customers?" " Oh, just make up some bullshit, just make sure it's a different story from
View Quote

THIS.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
THIS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

THIS.

The CS guy said the MPX stocks have been the bane of his existence.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:45:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:30:16 PM EDT
[#15]
FIREARMS COLLECTOR

It's worked on 2 SBR applications.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#16]
For what it is worth, I shot the MPX with tele-stock Saturday and it is exactly what it should be. There is nothing not to like about it. Buy with confidence, but not from Sig if you can help it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Simply "All lawful purposes" works.

Of course, people have put "Zombies" as the reason, and it's been approved, so whatever. As long as you don't say something blatently illegal, or say it's for retail sale when you're not a dealer, I don't think they care.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Of course, people have put "Zombies" as the reason, and it's been approved, so whatever. As long as you don't say something blatently illegal, or say it's for retail sale when you're not a dealer, I don't think they care.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I entered Home Protection, which was approved also. That phrase corresponds to our local Application Form related to the ATF Form 1 process.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:44:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Telescoping stock
Ordered June 12, 2015
Not delivered
View Quote

Received Feb. 3. Should have been sooner but Sig fucked up with my CC and failed to tell me. I would probably be waiting forever if I didn't call. Got the shorter/newer version. I like it fine but the whole process left a bitter taste in my mouth.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:51:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Received Feb. 3. Should have been sooner but Sig fucked up with my CC and failed to tell me. I would probably be waiting forever if I didn't call. Got the shorter/newer version. I like it fine but the whole process left a bitter taste in my mouth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Telescoping stock
Ordered June 12, 2015
Not delivered

Wait your pissed at Sig cause your CC didn't go thru and then failed to alert you?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:18:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol.  Without a doubt the CS guys have to be exhausted discussing anything related to mpx generations, stocks, magazines, etc.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:55:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is, of course, correct.

I put the same thing on all my form1/form4s because when I bought my first can that was on the form and it worked.  Cut/Paste and all that jazz.  Besides, all my forms look consistent and that appeases my OCD.
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top