Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2015 1:44:41 PM EDT
I've tried searching on here as well as the interwebs in general, and I can't find any definitive information on dimensions of the MPX in an SBR configuration.  Mostly, it's just a bunch of guys arguing over what you "should" put on your Form 1 and whether or not the specs are correct in the Sig brochure.
Can someone who has already received their Form 1 stamp take some actual measurements on a real incarnation of this rifle?  I would be interested in whatever someone could provide from this list:

1. Length from the rear of the fully extended collapsible buttstock to the end of the barrel (aka, Form 1 OAL). - 24-1/2"

2. Length from the rear of the fully extended collapsible buttstock to the flash hider. - 25-5/8"

3. Length from the rear of the fully collapsed collapsible buttstock to the end of the flash hider. - 21"

4. Length from the rear of the opened skeletonized side-folding stock to the flash hider. - 26-1/4"

5. Length from the rear of the folded skeletonized side-folding stock to the flash hider. - 17-1/4"

6. Length from the rear of the opened side-folding Sig brace to the flash hider.

7. Length from the rear of the folded side-folding Sig brace to the flash hider.

I would be extremely appreciative of anyone who would be willing and able to help!
Please specify if you have anything other than an 8" barrel as I suspect that most of us originally purchased the 8" MPX-P pistol variety.
Thanks!

edited to add data received so far

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Length from the rear of the opened skeletonized side-folding stock to the flash hider - 26.25"

Length from the rear of the folded skeletonized side-folding stock to the flash hider - 17.25"

I replaced my flash hider with a HK Parts 3-lug adapter, but they're about the same length. FWIW, I just used the published SIG MPX factory SBR overall length when I did my Form 1.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, topgun!

Anybody else have some measurements they could contribute?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:24:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I used the specs chart on the Sig page for the 8in pistol version with a collapsible stock. Form 1 in hand. No issues with the boys in Washington.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I used the specs chart on the Sig page for the 8in pistol version with a collapsible stock. Form 1 in hand. No issues with the boys in Washington.
View Quote
Yeah.  I think that's what most of us probably did.  I'm interested now in the "minimum" lengths (collapsed/folded configurations).  Personally, I'd like this information for the purpose of selecting an appropriately sized carry bag.  I figured some other folks might be interested in other measurements as well.

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 1:37:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Does anyone know the length with the collapsible stock extended? (for Form1)

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#6]
1. 24-1/2"
2. 25-5/8"
3. 21"
Measurements are within 1/8" or so.
I have a Carbine w/tele-stock and a gen2 pistol. Just measured to a point on one and from there on the other.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:09:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
1. 24-1/2"
2. 25-5/8"
3. 21"
I have a Carbine w/tele-stock and a gen2 pistol. Just measured to a point on one and from there on the other.
View Quote

Thank you for doing this!

Regards,

P7
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Regards,

P7
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1. 24-1/2"
2. 25-5/8"
3. 21"

Regards,

P7

No problem. glad to help out!
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 3:08:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

1. 24-1/2"

2. 25-5/8"

3. 21"

View Quote
Thanks!  Will update the original post.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:23:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Since I am doing the same thing and I do not want to start a new thread, what have you all successfully used at the model on your MPX form 1.  I think it could be MPX-P-9-KM or SIG MPX.  I am up in the air on what to use.  Any help would be appreciated.

Chris
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 11:55:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Since I am doing the same thing and I do not want to start a new thread, what have you all successfully used at the model on your MPX form 1.  I think it could be MPX-P-9-KM or SIG MPX.  I am up in the air on what to use.  Any help would be appreciated.

Chris
View Quote

I used Sig MPX and it was approved.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Chris
View Quote
For the model, always go with what the roll mark says...in this case, "SIG MPX".
Caliber, of course, is a different animal.  Never use "MULTI" even though that's what the roll mark says.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Chris

That's what I did and would recommend.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 6:10:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the feedback guys. I am going to drop that form 1 tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top