Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:59:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I show they posted this on Facebook yesterday.  If this is True I am back to being a Very Happy with my MPX

Although there have been some demonstrated levels of functionality when using magazines and uppers of different generations, we recommend using like generation components for optimal reliability.

*Will I still be able to purchase Gen1 9mm Magazines?
Yes, it is Sig Sauer’s intention to provide support to MPX G1 customers for all components of the firearm. Magazines in other calibers will only be available as G2 magazines.

In reference to barrels/caliber X-change:

All customers will be able to take full advantage of the MPX Caliber-X-Change Kits. If you are an MPX G1 owner, Sig Sauer will offer you the opportunity to purchase a complete MPX G2 Upper Receiver in the caliber of your choice, other than 9mm, at a reduced cost that will be the equivalent retail cost of the corresponding MPX Caliber X-Change Kit. This is limited to one purchase per MPX serial number.

The Barrels from Gen1 and Gen2 MPX are different enough to not permit compatibility. However, with the purchase of your first “Caliber-X-Change kit you will receive a full Gen2 upper. If you wish to purchase other/future caliber kits they will fit the Gen2 upper only (as specified by product description). The Gen1 will remain 9mm. MPX Gen1 Cal-X Kits are being created in 9mm only. This allows the customer to purchase G1 barrel assemblies in 4.5-inch, 6.5-inch and 8-inch variations. 16-inch barrels will be available for G2 upper receivers only.

If you have any additional questions I will do my very best to answer. If I am unable to assist you directly or you require additional information regarding the SIG MPX, or any Sig Sauer products, please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service at 603-610-3000, Option 1, M - F 8:30am – 6:00pm EST
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:32:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is a post from yesterday that was a response to a question on their Facebook page, just copy and pasted it since I dont know how to post a pic.

Sig Sauer In reference to Magazines:

Although there have been some demonstrated levels of functionality when using magazines and uppers of different generations, we recommend using like generation components for optimal reliability.

*Will I still be able to purchase Gen1 9mm Magazines?
Yes, it is Sig Sauer’s intention to provide support to MPX G1 customers for all components of the firearm. Magazines in other calibers will only be available as G2 magazines.

In reference to barrels/caliber X-change:

All customers will be able to take full advantage of the MPX Caliber-X-Change Kits. If you are an MPX G1 owner, Sig Sauer will offer you the opportunity to purchase a complete MPX G2 Upper Receiver in the caliber of your choice, other than 9mm, at a reduced cost that will be the equivalent retail cost of the corresponding MPX Caliber X-Change Kit. This is limited to one purchase per MPX serial number.

The Barrels from Gen1 and Gen2 MPX are different enough to not permit compatibility. However, with the purchase of your first “Caliber-X-Change kit you will receive a full Gen2 upper. If you wish to purchase other/future caliber kits they will fit the Gen2 upper only (as specified by product description). The Gen1 will remain 9mm. MPX Gen1 Cal-X Kits are being created in 9mm only. This allows the customer to purchase G1 barrel assemblies in 4.5-inch, 6.5-inch and 8-inch variations. 16-inch barrels will be available for G2 upper receivers only.

If you have any additional questions I will do my very best to answer. If I am unable to assist you directly or you require additional information regarding the SIG MPX, or any Sig Sauer products, please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service at 603-610-3000, Option 1, M - F 8:30am – 6:00pm EST

Yesterday at 7:51am
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Well that's just stupid.

Sigh...
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#4]
This sentence sums up one of my biggest issues in this whole fiasco.  Over-promise and under-deliver.

"Yes, it is Sig Sauer’s intention to provide support to MPX G1 customers for all components of the firearm."

Why can't they state that they "100% will" provide support to G1 MPX customers for all components.  While it is nuanced,saying that intend to do something vs. saying you will do something means significantly more uncertainty.  I take it as they are significantly hedging and that support is likely to be much more limited then what we would want.  While they will make some, it is going to take forever to get parts, etc.  They level of support they give Gen 1 will be significantly less then Gen 2 and that 3 to 5 years from now there will be virtually no support for Gen 1.  But by that time everyone will have forgotten about this whole mess...which is exactly what they are counting on.

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:23:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well that's just stupid.

Sigh...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that's just stupid.

Sigh...

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When they released this thing, everybody knew there would be a gen 2, since the gen 1 was stated from the get go as a 9mm only platform. Is everyone forgetting this tidbit?

I look forward to getting a 16" model after y'all have all beta tested it.
View Quote

unless you follow the firearm blogs and forums closely, not everyone knew..hell, my dealer used the caliber change ability as a selling point, he didn't even know.

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well that's just stupid.

Sigh...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that's just stupid.

Sigh...

1)  Buy G2 Complete upper in .40 for CalXChange Kit Price -$
2)  Buy G2 9mm CalXChange Kit to change back to 9mm -$
3)  Sell G2 defacto .40 CalXChange Kit to some other G2 owner who wants to switch from 9mm to .40 +$
4)  Sell G1 Complete Upper +$$

Brilliant!  Think it through, you could potentially come out ahead and at the very least even.

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

3)  Sell G2 defacto .40 CalXChange Kit to some other G2 owner who wants to switch from 9mm to .40 +$

Brilliant!  Think it through, you could potentially come out ahead and at the very least even.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that's just stupid.

Sigh...

I like where your heads at.... Just not sure if you would get enough $$ for the Gen1 upper....

T
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:42:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well that's just stupid.

Sigh...

How am I coming out ahead? Let's say the CalxChange costs $400

1) Buy G2 Complete .40 Upper for $400

2) Buy G2 9mm CalxChange Kit for $400

3) Sell G2 .40 CalxChange Kit Parts for < $400 (probably $350, because no G2 owner will pay full retail for a kit that doesn't come from Sig)

So in the end, it still costs me more than if Sig would have just sold me a 9mm G2 complete upper for the price of an CalxChange kit.

What I do with the Gen1 upper is irrelevant to the discussion.

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:21:20 PM EDT
[#10]
If you are sticking to 9mm why would you get a Gen 2 upper in 9mm?  Any Benefits in switching to gen 2 9mm upper?
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:35:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you are sticking to 9mm why would you get a Gen 2 upper in 9mm?  Any Benefits in switching to gen 2 9mm upper?
View Quote

Mag and bbl support.  People are anticipating that sig will stop supporting G1 consumers.  If one has the most current platform, they're more likely to have better support.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 8:28:25 AM EDT
[#12]
My issue is parts availability and compatibility.  I'm planning on getting the wife an MPX down the road and don't want to support two different weapons requiring different parts and magazines.  If I were to buy 20 magazines I want them to work in either gun same thing with barrels and other spare parts.  Caliber change would be a nice benifit if I later decided to swap calibers but I'm happy with 9mm so it's not a major issue as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 12:05:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My issue is parts availability and compatibility.  I'm planning on getting the wife an MPX down the road and don't want to support two different weapons requiring different parts and magazines.  If I were to buy 20 magazines I want them to work in either gun same thing with barrels and other spare parts.  Caliber change would be a nice benifit if I later decided to swap calibers but I'm happy with 9mm so it's not a major issue as far as I'm concerned.
View Quote

Rumor has it Gen1 mags work perfectly fine in Gen2 guns.  

T
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 3:34:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Looking at the MPX Gen I vs. Gen II, there's an interesting barrel change in front of the chamber. Wonder if it has anything to do with the "not a problem" I've experienced with two Gen I MPX's and the piston fouling exceptionally quickly. Guess time will tell.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 6:23:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I just found this information regarding using the 9mm gen2 upper on the gen1 lower...how does this make any kind of sense at all?

"I also called and verified the above info.

The 9mm Gen 1 lower is not compatible with the Gen 2 upper in 9mm. The rep said the GEN 2 upper in .357 Sig and .40 cal. would fit on the gen 1 lower. Gen 2 Mags are not compatible with the Gen 1 MPX.
"

http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-rifles/48811-i-just-talked-sig-rep-about-mpx-gen-1-gen-2-magazine-upper-lower-receiver.html#post592169
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Looking at the MPX Gen I vs. Gen II, there's an interesting barrel change in front of the chamber. Wonder if it has anything to do with the "not a problem" I've experienced with two Gen I MPX's and the piston fouling exceptionally quickly. Guess time will tell.
View Quote

This is something that I haven't heard being talked about much...But if they had to do a major re-design after less than a year for the 9mm upper, then obviously there is something "wrong" with the Gen I upper.  Why go through all the hassle and expense of doing a complete redesign of the 9mm upper and doing a redesign of the magazine that goes with it if there isn't a serious, or semi-serious problem?  If they did it so that it would be more reliable or experience much less fouling as noted above or the re-design fixes some other issue(s), then how can you argue that the Gen I isn't defective?  I am getting more in the camp that if you bought a Gen I they need to just replace your upper with a Gen II and allow you to exchange any Gen I magazines you have for Gen II magazines.  

The ONLY way that I can see this not holding true is if the Gen I was perfect in every way EXCEPT that the caliber exchange mechanics (which would likely just be the barrell replacement) weren't as good as they needed to be.  But if this were the case then you shouldn't be able to change out 9mm barrels either in Gen I which they are now telling us that you will be able to do.

I wonder if in the FAQ they had promised to post last week, which STILL has NOT been posted, if they will specifically talk about what changed and why between Gen I and Gen II 9mm uppers.  My guess is that they won't.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 11:10:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Delete - Double Post
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that's just stupid.

Sigh...

Who's going to buy a G1 upper? A G2 owner who wants to replace his upper with a worse one? Ok.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Not to alarm anyone but by what measure do we know gen2 uppers are better? How long were they tested?
Just being neutral here. Perhaps before jumping on the new thing if your gen1 works which most seem to, why change up or fret?

We know what can go wrong with a gen1. An old man once said his used car was better than a new one because he knew what was wrong with his old one. The new one presents many unknowns. Just saying. I've seen folk get all in a tizzy on other sites about consumer products. Do I think Sig is behaving the best way possible? Way, No. But where is the guarantee that gen2 is better? (Besides the caliber change, which is moot to many.)

The same corporate culture which manifests in attention to shareholders or bottom line over quality implementation of well designed products may still be in place. Are they direct and transparent with their customers? What's changed?

Link Posted: 12/3/2015 11:56:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

3) Sell G2 .40 CalxChange Kit Parts for < $400 (probably $350, because no G2 owner will pay full retail for a kit that doesn't come from Sig)

So in the end, it still costs me more than if Sig would have just sold me a 9mm G2 complete upper for the price of an CalxChange kit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that's just stupid.

Sigh...

Exactly how is Step 4 irrelevant?   It's one more thing you have to sell to get some money back.  Unless want to argue that you couldn't even get fiddy bucks for a complete upper.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 1:07:50 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Exactly how is Step 4 irrelevant?   It's one more thing you have to sell to get some money back.  Unless want to argue that you couldn't even get fiddy bucks for a complete upper.
View Quote

Because the discussion is about getting a Gen2 9mm upper.

Apparently Sig won't sell a Gen2 9mm upper to Gen1 owners for some reason, so going the roundabout way of buying a Gen2 upper in .40S&W or .357SIG and then buying a 9mm caliber xchange kit and then selling the .40S&W or .357SIG parts to end up with a 9mm Gen2 upper isn't as cost effective as if Sig would just let Gen1 owners buy a Gen2 9mm upper outright.

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 5:27:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Apparently Sig won't sell a Gen2 9mm upper to Gen1 owners for some reason, so going the roundabout way of buying a Gen2 upper in .40S&W or .357SIG and then buying a 9mm caliber xchange kit and then selling the .40S&W or .357SIG parts to end up with a 9mm Gen2 upper isn't as cost effective as if Sig would just let Gen1 owners buy a Gen2 9mm upper outright.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats assuming sig will even sell a 9 mm caliber exchange kit...

anyway you look at it gen 1 owners wanting to "upgrade" to gen 2 are looking at spending lots of $$$...we either take a bath now selling our used gen 1's when the market is already flooded with new ones at the 1k price point, or we go through a convoluted "upgrade process" to get a gen 2 upper.

Link Posted: 12/15/2015 11:34:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Anyone know what happened to the "official response"?
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 11:43:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well...you see...the "official response" is on backorder, should ship in 8-12 weeks.

They started to see all the commitments they were going to put in writing to Gen1 MPX owners, realized they didn't want to commit to anything, decided the silent treatment is much better. Sig Gen1/Gen2 problem solving team - "If we don't acknowledge questions or respond to any requests about differences, compatibility issues don't even exist! How perfect is that!?"
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 12:37:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Well...you see...the "official response" is on backorder, should ship in 8-12 weeks.

They started to see all the commitments they were going to put in writing to Gen1 MPX owners, realized they didn't want to commit to anything, decided the silent treatment is much better. Sig Gen1/Gen2 problem solving team - "If we don't acknowledge questions or respond to any requests about differences, compatibility issues don't even exist! How perfect is that!?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree 100%.  Another failure to execute on what they said they were going to do.  My guess is that 70%+ (maybe upwards of 90%) of MPX owners have no knowledge of Gen I vs Gen II.  As soon as they post it anywhere now, the number of owners who understand the issue grows exponentially and as you pointed out they'd have to deliver to those new commitments plus deal with all those extra pissed off customers.  The final "Draft" probably stopped at the legal department review...I think they are happy to just deal with those that understand the issue and that it matters to now over the phone.  Instead of having to ship discounted Gen II uppers to 1,000's or 10's of thousands customers they'll only have to ship to a fraction of those.  

And if they post something its a public acknowledgment that they F'ed up.  Also interesting that they've completely stopped responding to posts on their Facebook page.  Both for this issue and the telescoping stock wait debacle.  I don't have a Facebook account but seems like that was the only way to get them to publicly address the issue in the first place.  Maybe if folks relentlessly post there we'll see something official published.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:59:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I saw Sig posted a FAQ video on youtube Gen 1 Vs Gen 2
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:16:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp7WmEPyu_k .... so no 45 cal MPX...just 40 and 357?
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 11:18:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp7WmEPyu_k .... so no 45 cal MPX...just 40 and 357?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was never going to be a 45 MPX.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It'd be pretty baller, though. Maybe I'd buy one, then.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What a shitshow
View Quote

Not shocked at all.

They come up with good concepts (556,556R, MPX, MCX) release them before they are complete/while chock full of bugs, sell them for 7-10 years then completely bail on the people who bought them.

It kept me from buying an MPX and after seeing this info, I'm sure sonething similar will happen with MCX.

Exact reason I sold my 556R.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:01:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Remove from registry and send the ATF a love letter.
View Quote

THIS
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah...a few month ago I came to a crossroad and decided to go SBR MPX instead of the Scorpion....really now wished I went SBR Scorpion.

Wonder if they are going to release a Gen 3 upper to match the Gen 2 retractable stock...to close up the gap left with the shorter rods.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Not shocked at all.

They come up with good concepts (556,556R, MPX, MCX) release them before they are complete/while chock full of bugs, sell them for 7-10 years then completely bail on the people who bought them.

It kept me from buying an MPX and after seeing this info, I'm sure sonething similar will happen with MCX.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a shitshow

Not shocked at all.

It has kind of happened with the MCX as well. The first guns released had a auto-regulating gas valve. The second release have a manual adjustment and milled holes in the upper so you can reach the valve.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yeah...a few month ago I came to a crossroad and decided to go SBR MPX instead of the Scorpion....really now wished I went SBR Scorpion.

Wonder if they are going to release a Gen 3 upper to match the Gen 2 retractable stock...to close up the gap left with the shorter rods.
View Quote

I did the same thing, as soon as all the bullshit went down I sent out 2 more stamps, one for the Scorpion and one for my SP89 clone, live
and learn, fuck SIG.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Took mine out today with the SIG flat folder stock and octane 45 with 9mm endcap.  I loaded up some 147's with VVN340 and I gotta say it's quiet.  As for all the blowback , I dunno if it's the ammo or what, but mine wasn't bad at all and I'm lefty.  I have quite a few other suppressors and this isn't any worse than the others, in fact I'd say it's not bad at all.

Love it..got the 3 lug mount and I couldn't be happier.  

Time to go fire up the Dillon 650 and load 400 for tomorrow morning!  My MPX will keep the Dillon busy for quite some time :)

Just my opinion - but I'll never get rid of mine.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:20:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Took mine out today with the SIG flat folder stock and octane 45 with 9mm endcap.  I loaded up some 147's with VVN340 and I gotta say it's quiet.  As for all the blowback , I dunno if it's the ammo or what, but mine wasn't bad at all and I'm lefty.  I have quite a few other suppressors and this isn't any worse than the others, in fact I'd say it's not bad at all.

Love it..got the 3 lug mount and I couldn't be happier.  

Time to go fire up the Dillon 650 and load 400 for tomorrow morning!  My MPX will keep the Dillon busy for quite some time :)

Just my opinion - but I'll never get rid of mine.

View Quote

Happy to hear this, I have a plentiful supply of 147's with my 9mm endcap, waiting patiently for my Octane 45 HD to be approved any day now (Filed 7/21). I don't have any expectations of having my collapsible stock (Ordered 7/23), after all...ATF is faster to approve an electronic Form 1 (Filed 7/23-Approved 11/30) SBR ANNNNND a paper filed Form 4 Suppressor, all submitted/ordered at the same time. None the less, excited to get it out with nearly the same setup you mention, including the 3-lug as well. Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:22:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps this would be more up your alley.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/5170098493
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:16:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Was in a LGS yesterday and saw a Gen2 MPX..Briefly thought of picking that up and dumping my Gen1 MPX.  Still might do that.

Curious if anyone else has had those thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Was in a LGS yesterday and saw a Gen2 MPX..Briefly thought of picking that up and dumping my Gen1 MPX.  Still might do that.

View Quote

What's the Gen 2 going to do for you that the Gen 1 won't?
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Why I continue to give Sig chances (and my money) is beyond me. I should have my head examined. I don't know if it's gross incompetence or if they generally just don't give a !@#$... or a little of both all rolled into one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keymod handguards for one thing, a lingering fear that despite Sigs claims to continue support for the gen with barrels that simply won't happen.  In all honesty I can really see them just dumping support for gen1 after a year or two.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 9:52:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Wow, I had no idea Sig was having so many issues with the MPX.  I have really been wanting one (mostly MACs fault :) ) for a while.  I guess I will continue to hold off while this stuff shakes out.  Really liked the carbon fiber hand guard and tele-stock but don't even see those parts as options on their store page.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 10:00:55 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Keymod handguards for one thing, a lingering fear that despite Sigs claims to continue support for the gen with barrels that simply won't happen.  In all honesty I can really see them just dumping support for gen1 after a year or two.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Gen 2 keymod handguards will fit the Gen 1 uppers. Lack of different barrel lengths would certainly be a cause for concern of Sig fails to deliver. However, as long as Sig lives up to their current promises then I don't see having a Gen 1 as a big deal.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 10:04:23 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Why I continue to give Sig chances (and my money) is beyond me. I should have my head examined. I don't know if it's gross incompetence or if they generally just don't give a !@#$... or a little of both all rolled into one.
View Quote

As frustrating as the MPX roll out has been, at least Sig is being innovative. The MPX/MCX line looks to be a real winner once they finally get it ironed out.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 10:57:41 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

The Gen 2 keymod handguards will fit the Gen 1 uppers. Lack of different barrel lengths would certainly be a cause for concern of Sig fails to deliver. However, as long as Sig lives up to their current promises then I don't see having a Gen 1 as a big deal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If only they sold the Gen 2 handguard. I can't find it listed on their site, and most every useful accessory that is listed is perpetually out of stock. I have no hope I'll get a keymod handguard for my MPX without investing in a new one. I already have $500 in freaking Gen 1 magazines though.  Argh.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 2:55:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Wow, I had no idea Sig was having so many issues with the MPX.  I have really been wanting one (mostly MACs fault :) ) for a while.  I guess I will continue to hold off while this stuff shakes out.  Really liked the carbon fiber hand guard and tele-stock but don't even see those parts as options on their store page.
View Quote

It's a great gun and I love shooting my Gen1, but if you can afford to wait I would.  The only reason I jumped on it is because I am not getting any younger or healthier and am trying to get my toys and have fun with them now, while I still can.  

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It's a great gun and I love shooting my Gen1, but if you can afford to wait I would.  The only reason I jumped on it is because I am not getting any younger or healthier and am trying to get my toys and have fun with them now, while I still can.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

God bless you and I hope you get to enjoy the heck out of that gun.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 6:00:11 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

If only they sold the Gen 2 handguard. I can't find it listed on their site, and most every useful accessory that is listed is perpetually out of stock. I have no hope I'll get a keymod handguard for my MPX without investing in a new one. I already have $500 in freaking Gen 1 magazines though.  Argh.

View Quote

Yeah, that's definitely the catch. The MPX/MCX could be great if they ever get caught up on supply and actually have all of the promised accessories available.

I also have a Bushmaster ACR in the safe, so maybe my expectations have already when been beaten too low with regard to "modular" platforms.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 6:18:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I really wouldn't have an issue as long as they continued to offer gen I mags. My problem is that they won't, so who knows how my "lifelong" SBR purchase will be relevant down the road. If their mags cost in the 12-15 dollar range like pmags it wouldn't be a big deal. However to drop 1400 on mags just to have a lifetime supply is just crazy. I would maybe be down buying a gen 2 upper if they would exchange my gen 1 mags for free. Regardless I think this is going to end with me wasting more money when I shouldn't have to and for that I'm disappointed. I sold 2 very nice .22s in order to get my MPX and get it set up the way I wanted. Now I'm really wishing I had those back and no MPX.
View Quote

That's what you get into when you buy a specialty firearm. Its no different with HK with $100 mags for some of their guns (P7M13)
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

The ergonomics of the grip on the EVO were way off for my hand compared to the sig. For me the consideration was between this and the $1700 Zenith MP5K pistol to SBR. AR15 parts compatibility with the sig won out. Saving $400 was a plus.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top