Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/18/2015 7:58:20 PM EDT
I am in the same boat as many of you who bought into the "System"...unfortunately with a bunch of $'s.

I had some questions around the compatibility of the shorter barrels for Gen I vs. Gen II so called Sig CS this morning.

Here is what I got:
- Same info around caliber conversion and magazine compatibility
    - All Gen II uppers will work on Gen I lowers but 9mm Gen I mags will not work in Gen II 9mm uppers
    - No ability to change calibers in an existing Gen I Upper
    - They will NOT be making any 4.5" 9mm barrels for Gen I uppers, so there is no way to get a factory 4.5" barrel for your Gen I upper (This is my biggest issue)
    - For folks that wanted a shorter barrel they will offer the Gen II uppers at a "considerable" discount to Gen I owners
        - When I pressed on what "considerable" was, he said it would be close to what the barrel would cost by itself...
        - When I asked what a barrel was going to cost he said he didn't know as they didn't have a part number...
        - When I asked about upper availability I was told late Q1'16...I had been told Q4'15 for 4.5" barrels in the past so who knows when this will really happen

My plan all along was to get the 4.5" barrel, SBR the firearm, and strictly run it suppressed.  I never really cared about caliber conversion.  Firearm is now engraved, NFA stamp should be done in a couple more months, and collapsible stock had been ordered.  Another suppressor bought and also got a 3 lug adapter from TROS.  The plan was to run the shit out of this thing, and to run it all suppressed.  So, of course, I also bought 2 of the 3 mag deals....

This is the part that pisses me off the most.  My six mags are now virtually useless to me.  I explained this and asked if I could exchange my 6 unused Gen I mags and was told no.  They weren't going to offer a magazine exchange.  He recommended that I Gunbroker them as they are in "high" demand but he couldn't tell me when they were going to start mass shipments of Gen II mags.  So - If anyone wants the mags/pouches PM me and I'll sell them at cost plus shipping. To be fully transparent, I did get the 20% off for the mag deal but I won't get that when I go to buy the Gen II mags so I will sell them at the price prior to the 20% discount.

If they truly do follow through with the offering the Gen II upper with a 4.5" barrel at the approximate cost of just the barrel then other than this mag hassle, I am not really in better/worse position due to this issue.  If, on the other hand, I have to shell out another ~$800 as they told someone else, to be able to shoot a 4.5" barrel I will be pissed.  I can't see barrel costing more than $300 based on other factory Sig barrels. Yes, I know I could just pay someone to cut the current barrel down, and I know many have done so without any issues, but I've had a bad experience with that in the past (SCAR Barrel) so I'd prefer factory.  

Hopefully they stand behind what they've said about Gen II upper discount.  If not...No more Sig's for me.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]
What a shitshow
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 8:38:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info OP.  That matches my conversations with customer service as well.

I have come to the conclusion that the MPX is a dead end platform without the Gen 2 mags.  No upgrades and no modularity.

I cannot see how it will be cost effective or efficient for them to run two generations of magazines in the long run and it does not sound like they will be offering much parts support either.  I think the only options at this point is to be happy with the Gen 1 configuration that you have now or change over to the Gen 2 magazines and uppers when they are available.

I think we should continue to contact Sig customer service and demand that Gen 1 9mm mags be swapped for Gen 2 9mm mags if you are interested in any Gen 2 9mm uppers or firearms.  New mags that are not compatible with the Gen 1 uppers and firearms and vice versa was never part of the story.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 11:19:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 11:28:31 PM EDT
[#4]
What a cluster. I am hoping they do what is right.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 11:55:06 PM EDT
[#5]
ccc75,
Sent you an email
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:11:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I was advised they will announce everything tomorrow AM regarding the Gen 1 and Gen 2 MPX the following is what they messaged me on Facebook.  

'll have all the official word in the am post. Working with the product team to set the record straight.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:09:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I really wouldn't have an issue as long as they continued to offer gen I mags. My problem is that they won't, so who knows how my "lifelong" SBR purchase will be relevant down the road. If their mags cost in the 12-15 dollar range like pmags it wouldn't be a big deal. However to drop 1400 on mags just to have a lifetime supply is just crazy. I would maybe be down buying a gen 2 upper if they would exchange my gen 1 mags for free. Regardless I think this is going to end with me wasting more money when I shouldn't have to and for that I'm disappointed. I sold 2 very nice .22s in order to get my MPX and get it set up the way I wanted. Now I'm really wishing I had those back and no MPX.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 6:04:57 AM EDT
[#8]
There is the charging handle issue also...I was told by a couple of Sig reps over the summer a redesigned CH by Badger was in the works....it's almost winter and no new CH.

As for the mags...will gen 2 mags work in a gen 1 upper?

SIG is a company that is not to be trusted.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 6:13:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Well all that money we spent making a couple into posties and buying a bunch of mags was wasted it seems. Between the flawed piston system and all this... Sig has some great designs, but terrible everything else.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 6:17:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well all that money we spent making a couple into posties and buying a bunch of mags was wasted it seems. Between the flawed piston system and all this... Sig has some great designs, but terrible everything else.
View Quote

flawed piston system ? care to elaborate?
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 7:35:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In both of ours (shooting semi and full auto, yes we converted them, no we did not change the barrel length or piston system at all from factory) the pistons get immediate and IMHO extreme build up. Plated bullets leave lead, standard jacketed bullets leave copper. Both guns are shaving the bullets to an unacceptable level. It causes the gun to fail to return to battery once the gunk builds up enough. We called Sig and they bitched a ton about how we "modified" the guns and they weren't gonna warranty them, told us there was NOTHING WRONG with both, then replaced the barrel and piston assembly on both. They also said they never heard of that issue before.

If there's nothing wrong, why did they replace the parts? The replacement parts also have the same issue.

It's a totally badass gun when it works.

Link Posted: 11/19/2015 8:04:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Sig is a shadow of their former self, sad to say.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Today 11/19/15 Sig Cs said there will continue to be Gen 1 magazines. They are on back order. They will become readily available after orders are filled. Gen 2 magazines will not work in Gen 1 MPX. Gen 2 mags will work with Gen 2 upper on Gen 1 MPX. Gen 2 uppers will be available at a discount to Gen 1 owners. Gen 2 uppers will be available after run of new Gen 2 MPXs are produced. That's to be early 2016.

Now knowing how companies work release dates can be delayed.

I love the gun. It's highly accurate with no FTFs. I've run PMC and Federal red box 115 flawlessly. Suppressed Federal red box 147 is extremely quiet. Blow back barely noticeable. Hand placement on guard and there's none. The feeler gauge charging handle fix is completely effective. Should I have had to do this? Probably not. However it is such a trite mod that to wait for years for a fix would have prevented the enjoyment of this firearm.

I have been a consumer rights freak about cars for eons. However knowing how small companies can operate I tolerate this. I wanted a 9mm gun. So I'm very satisfied. Yes Sig if you read these, I will join a class action suit if one happens, but it is a great gun. The fit and finish is excellent.

A company needs to grow a pair and realize that customer satisfaction is paramount. It I bad talk Sig to my 10 yr old grandson you've lost a customer for another 60 years. Don't fall for the "excellent quarterly reports" BS. Grow a company whose reputation is centuries old. Do the little thing to address your customer!s concerns.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 4:44:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I used to be a huge Sig fan. Owned a ton of their products like the 230, 228, 226, 229, 220, 225, 551A1. Over the years, I have seen the quality drop off to the point that I wouldn't buy a new product from them. Then, I see the MPX and its goodness and promises. The one I handled and eventually purchased looked flawless. Accurate and soft shooting. Great ergos. As an HK fan, I am used to $60 mags. No big deal. However, the joy quickly wore off when the tele stock I ordered in June has yet to arrive. No caliber conversion as promised. Now the mag issues. I wouldn't purchase another new Sig unless they did something drastic to make their quality go back up.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I called to confirm today that for Gen 1 owners will indeed be able to purchase a Gen 2 upper at a discount, BUT gen 1 owners will only be able to purchase .40 cal or .357 sig Gen 2 uppers at a discount, and NOT a discounted Gen 2 9mm upper.  And they will not switch out a Gen 1 9mm upper for a Gen 2 9mm upper; only market price can be paid to obtain one.  That is my major hang up right now with this.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 5:57:22 PM EDT
[#16]
SIG needs to deliver the stocks and mags people have on backorder.

I think this was a world class screw up on the part of SIG. I really do hope someone hits them with a Class Action. I'd join it in a second.

Great gun. Horrible company. Buyer satisfaction went from joy to remorse.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Not to change the subject, but I was reading up on MCX as I want to replace my inaccurate Sig556 ( 2 moa with mach load and up to 5 moa with cheap ammo).

But after reading this post I'm done with Sig. They do that shit with all their rifles - Sig556 then Sig556XI now MPX and they already did it with MCX ( gas block adjustment).

Sig can never make up their mind what they want to do with their rifles. And they end up with 2 or 3 different versions of the same rifle that are not compatible with each other.

And the worst part is that after they change stuff around they forget and don't care about Gen1 customers.

Now my choice is clear FN SCAR16.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 9:23:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I called to confirm today that for Gen 1 owners will indeed be able to purchase a Gen 2 upper at a discount, BUT gen 1 owners will only be able to purchase .40 cal or .357 sig Gen 2 uppers at a discount, and NOT a discounted Gen 2 9mm upper.  And they will not switch out a Gen 1 9mm upper for a Gen 2 9mm upper; only market price can be paid to obtain one.  That is my major hang up right now with this.
View Quote

Agreed!!!  This is BS!  They need to trade up to Gen2 9mm uppers for anyone who wants it!  For free!!

T
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:37:08 AM EDT
[#19]
I just received a message from Sig that The Product Team is finalizing the statement now regarding Gen 1 and Gen 2.  If you are looking for immediate answers the Customer Service Team has been given final direction.  I guess I will try and contact the customer service team later today.  If anyone else contacts them please let me know what they tell you.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:50:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Would you post the statement here for us?
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 12:04:54 PM EDT
[#21]
This was the message that was written to me.  

The Product team is finalizing the statement now.  If you are looking for immediate answers The Customer service team has been given final direction.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#22]
They just posted this to Faceboo

Currently working on providing a full scale FAQ for the MPX and the accessory line. We understand the frustration with the products, and your feedback has allowed me to push the issue with management. The FAQ will be live this week, but if you have immediate questions regarding the MPX the Customer service team has recently been given the latest updates on the platform. Please feel free to reach out to them directly with your questions : (603) 610-3000 (and then press 1, for Customer Service). I will publicly post the link to the FAQ as soon as it is published.
Like · Reply · 14 minutes ago
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Are there any visual differences to differentiate Gen II from Gen I uppers?
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#24]
This gun could have been a game changer IMO.  Too bad Sig had to fuck it up.  

Glad I didn't jump on one yet.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 4:28:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same.  Think I'll be getting a Scorpion instead.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't have skin in the game yet, but no one has called sig yet to get the latest?  If so, please update.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#27]
From Sig CS for what it's worth

Gen1 - they will continue to make 9mm barrels in different lengths and magazines. No caliber conversions.
Gen2 - they will make non-backwards compatible gen2 barrels, uppers, and magazines.  Caliber conversion available.

I can't for the life of me understand why they would keep both product lines going.  It would be far cheaper for them to just issue an updated upper receiver group to all gene owners than to deal with manfacturing all these different parts.

No mention of being able to purchase gen2 uppers or mags at a discount for gen1 owners.  Sounded like they are continuing bare minimum production of gen1 parts and accessories so they can deliver most of what was promised minus the ability to change calibers.  Probably to avoid a lawsuit but certainly not to make customers happy.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree. Great gun. Horrible roll out. Terrible support. Lack of info from management and clueless decision making process have hampered that plan.

I really liked how the MPX stacked up against other comparable platforms but if this is the drama I can expect from SIG forget it. I'm not bashful about telling people that on the range. I could of just as easily been touting the virtues of the MPX if SIG hadn't been so obtuse and frankly annoying about this.

5 months and still no stock....kind of an insult the Gen 1 owners since the stocks are being shipped with other completed weapons. Not a lack of supply, it's a lack of customer service and operations management. Do they really think loyal customers won't figure that out. Decisions like that make frequent SIG customers like me write them off.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:10:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's where I'm at too.  I was set on Form 1'ing one, having the barrel cut, and have a suppressor go under the handguard.  Would have been badass, but the possible gas issue and the issue's from Sig themselves have made me a Scorpion fan.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#30]
The scorpions recoil sucks compared to the mpx. Just one mans opinion. I have both, suppressed and I want to pick up the MPX more. The scorpion is a couple parts away from being an airsoft gun.

Maybe if stiffer recoil springs were available for the scorpion it could tune the sharp recoil out.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 7:23:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

If that's true I will chop up my fucking mpx and post it on YouTube.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:05:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted for lulz.  

When you do chop up your mpx please frame it and post it in conjuncture with the video
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure if serious, but I have a nice gun of equal value I'd consider trading for a gen1 MPX. IM me.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:14:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Not sure if serious, but I have a nice gun of equal value I'd consider trading for a gen1 MPX. IM me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's already an SBR
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:25:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Remove from registry and send the ATF a love letter.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 5:45:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It's already an SBR
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's already an SBR

Why would you not buy a 357 or 40 upper and get a 9mm barrel to put on your gen1 lower?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:24:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Why would you not buy a 357 or 40 upper and get a 9mm barrel to put on your gen1 lower?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's already an SBR

Money that's why!  I bet a .40 upper with barrel and another 9mm barrel would cost as much as an entirely new MPX knowing SIG....

T
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:14:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's already an SBR

Fuck 40 and fuck 357Sig. I bought the gun to sbr and be able to purchase the K barrel and K hand guard like Sig led everybody to believe would be possible.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:16:55 AM EDT
[#39]
I really wanted the MPX badly, but with all the stuff going on, I went with an AR pistol instead............if they ever iron this all out, I might look at one sometime down the road

Quoted:

That's where I'm at too.  I was set on Form 1'ing one, having the barrel cut, and have a suppressor go under the handguard.  Would have been badass, but the possible gas issue and the issue's from Sig themselves have made me a Scorpion fan.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Par for the course.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's already an SBR

i have no interest in shooting either of those calibers thats why...

If sig is going to continue supplying barrels for the gen1 guns and if the gen1 mags are going to continue to be made I guess Im good...I had my my mpx out yesterday fired off a a couple of mags..not ready to give up on it yet...

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:04:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The gas issue must be ammo or suppressor dependent.   I finally got to shoot my mpx last night and didn't get even the slightest gas or debris back in the face.  Not even a little.  I was really sweating my purchase until that point but now I'm feeling good about it.  I can live with the upper compatibility issue.

I was shooting American Eagle 124gr subsonic through the a Tirant 9.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:34:19 AM EDT
[#43]
How would the Ryder9 do with gas, anybody have any ideas?  Supposedly similar to their SOCOM line, and I don't get any gas to the face with my SOCOM556.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#44]
So to add even more murkiness to all of this, looks like Sig recently released a new MPX brochure.  Gen1 on the cover, Gen2 inside with only 9mm listed as the available caliber...

http://www.sigevolution.com/_includes/SIG-MPX-Brochure.pdf

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So to add even more murkiness to all of this, looks like Sig recently released a new MPX brochure.  Gen1 on the cover, Gen2 inside with only 9mm listed as the available caliber...

View Quote

Wouldn't it be crazy if only Gen1 can change caliber.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or maybe Gen 3.5
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Or maybe Gen 3.5
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or maybe Gen 3.5

Haha, I am hoping Monday we get some answers.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:35:30 AM EDT
[#48]
When they released this thing, everybody knew there would be a gen 2, since the gen 1 was stated from the get go as a 9mm only platform. Is everyone forgetting this tidbit?

I look forward to getting a 16" model after y'all have all beta tested it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#49]
I don't know where you get "everybody knew" even the Sig Reps claim ignorance of the Gen1 vs Gen2 issues.  I am a police officer and am responsible for purchasing weapons (among other things) for my department.  My department issues Sig P226's to all of our officers (over 300 pistols) and we have a very good relationship with our regional Sig LE rep and he was completely un aware of the fact that there was even a Gen2 going to be put out when bought my personal MPX.  In addition I went to a LE demo several months back and fired the MPX, MCX and P320 and there was no mention of any different MPX Generations.  This demo was put on by Sig's product reps from the home office and this info was not put out......so I would think that I would have been privy to more info than the average joe and yet was not aware of any different generations.  Long winded way of saying........NO everyone did not know.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:12:00 AM EDT
[#50]
And I don't post often but since I am on a roll..... I really like the MPX my main concern is parts and magazine availability/compatibility down the road.  I like the platform in 9mm enough that I may want to get my wife one however, I want to have parts and magazines that are comparable between the two weapons.  Apparently the only to accomplish that will be to get a Gen 2 upper for my current Gen1
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top