Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2015 11:13:10 PM EDT
I just received it yesterday and went to the range to test it out.

I noticed it seemed a bit dirty even though it was new so I went to clean and apply some froglube to it.

To my surprise, when I went to remove the barrel nuts with the provided torx wrench one was completely stripped.  This prohibited me from removing the screw and nut while also not allowing the handgaurd to go back on.

I'm pretty pissed off since I didn't even get to fire this gun yet.  What would you guys suggest to do?

Link Posted: 11/15/2015 11:17:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Ouch
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 11:20:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Call SigUSA on Monday.

It might take a while, but they will fix it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#3]
lol.

I like sig and think a lot of the flack they get is over hyped at times, but come on guys(SIG),  cheep ass cross bolts,  that's like what like an extra dollar per screw.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 5:47:19 PM EDT
[#4]
That whole upper kind of looks rough. Lots of machine marks. Mine was nothing like that.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 6:18:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That whole upper kind of looks rough. Lots of machine marks. Mine was nothing like that.
View Quote

Right? I've seen Keltecs that look like Les Baers compared to that.  It looks like they got UTG or NcStar to mill that upper.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:45:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Right? I've seen Keltecs that look like Les Baers compared to that.  It looks like they got UTG or NcStar to mill that upper.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I talked to Sig USA and agree with your comments.  They sent me a call tag and said it was the first issue they had,  Not sure if accurate.  I told them they should throw in a free mag since this is the first sig I purchased and I couldn't even shoot it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:51:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I talked to Sig USA and agree with your comments.  They sent me a call tag and said it was the first issue they had,  Not sure if accurate.  I told them they should throw in a free mag since this is the first sig I purchased and I couldn't even shoot it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yours looks rough enough that they should replace it.  With a gen 2.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:04:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Brand new?  
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:24:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Brand new?  
View Quote

Do not want.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Do not want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Brand new?  

Do not want.

+1
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 3:02:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I just see pictures of the captive nuts on the port side of the gun.

Did one of the torx screw heads strip out? Or did the threads strip out?

Link Posted: 11/19/2015 3:12:13 AM EDT
[#12]
That looks like a $40 ebay rail.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 3:16:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Interesting and disappointing. You should post pictures here and get some opinions and advice. MPX Thread
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 3:38:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Should of got EVO
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 7:21:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every time I have talked to Sig about a problem (with more than one model, including 2 different MPX's) they have told me it was the first issue they had. Every time.

I really like their product design, but CS and production have left me with a lack of trust in the brand. I do currently own a couple Sig handguns and two MPX's.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I noticed it seemed a bit dirty even though it was new so I went to clean and apply some froglube to it.

To my surprise, when I went to remove the barrel nuts with the provided torx wrench one was completely stripped.  This prohibited me from removing the screw and nut while also not allowing the handgaurd to go back on.

I'm pretty pissed off since I didn't even get to fire this gun yet.  What would you guys suggest to do?

http://i.imgur.com/odLtbigh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DpLIbBnh.jpg
View Quote

You hit the jackpot!  Send it back to SIG and tell them you want a new Gen2 gun instead!

T
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Should of got EVO
View Quote
Or a Swiss Sig.

OP, they shouldn't fix it.  They should replace it with a Gen 2 or refund.   And it shouldn't take "a while," it should be fast.  It's totally unprofessional to let something ship out in that state.  I would be ashamed to put my name on a product like that.  

If you need to raise cain, you should.  Sh** like this is why Sig NH has a reputation for abominable qc.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Sorry to bring this thread back but I just got a new gen2 and this has happened to me as well.

manosteel00 - what happened with this? Did Sig send you a new upper?

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I just purchased an MPX 9 mm last week...cleaned it up and shot it on Sunday.  I had a bunch of failure to feeds when the 30 rd mag was filled beyond 5 rounds (bolt was not completed settling the bullet into the chamber).  I brought it home to do a complete tear down.  I tried to remove the barrel, and same thing happened.  The exact same nut for that barrel screw stripped out the upper.  Called customer service, and now I got to drive the thing back to the Pro-shop to be delivered back to the factory for repair.  Luckily, I don't have to mail it cause I purchased it from their pro shop, and I live within and hour of the Pro Shop here in NH. Sucks, because I really want this gun to work, and have been previously happy with the two sig's I own (one I carry on duty).  All I can say is if you want this gun, I would wait till they get all the bugs out of it.  Here we are, over two months after a known problem, and I don't see anything different from my gun than from the previous poster. You would think they would have taken the 5 minutes to make sure this wouldn't happen to somebody else before I walked out of their main store.  If I knew about this problem, I would have had their armorer at the shop do a complete tear down in front of me before picking it up.  They have treated me well in the past, but they should be picking up the bill for shipping it back to the factory.   In the meantime, I have $1600 invested in something that doesn't work.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You hit the jackpot!  Send it back to SIG and tell them you want a new Gen2 gun instead!

T
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/odLtbigh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DpLIbBnh.jpg

T

He didn't say it wasn't a gen 2. I'm assuming it is a gen 2, because MANY other gen 2s have had this same. exact. problem.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 10:04:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Since we can't start any new threads complaining about the MPX, I thought this would be the best place as I got boned as well. I waited as long as I could on purchasing an MPX.  I researched and didn't hear a lot of issues with Gen 2, so I moved forward.  The only issue I heard was about the gen 2 mags being tight, so I left the new mag sit loaded for a week.  I was excited for my first range trip, but once I started, I couldn't get through more then 1-2 rounds with out it jamming.  I Experienced every type of jam possible.  It got better as I shot more so I could get through maybe 5-10 rounds before a jam as long as I only loaded 15rds.  Anything over 20rds wouldn't work at all.  I shot 150rd of self defense ammo and 600 of 115, 124 and 147.  124 HST's wouldn't feed at all because the hollow point would get hung up on the feed ramp. Afterwards I noticed a decent amount of pierced primers as well.  Also when the bolt was locked back, and I gently inserted a magazine, the bolt would release with out me pushing the bolt release.  It's off to Sig to get looked at.

So it looks like I should have waited longer.

Has anyone else been having feeding issues on Gen 2s?
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Since we can't start any new threads complaining about the MPX, I thought this would be the best place as I got boned as well. I waited as long as I could on purchasing an MPX.  I researched and didn't hear a lot of issues with Gen 2, so I moved forward.  The only issue I heard was about the gen 2 mags being tight, so I left the new mag sit loaded for a week.  I was excited for my first range trip, but once I started, I couldn't get through more then 1-2 rounds with out it jamming.  I Experienced every type of jam possible.  It got better as I shot more so I could get through maybe 5-10 rounds before a jam as long as I only loaded 15rds.  Anything over 20rds wouldn't work at all.  I shot 150rd of self defense ammo and 600 of 115, 124 and 147.  124 HST's wouldn't feed at all because the hollow point would get hung up on the feed ramp. Afterwards I noticed a decent amount of pierced primers as well.  Also when the bolt was locked back, and I gently inserted a magazine, the bolt would release with out me pushing the bolt release.  It's off to Sig to get looked at.

So it looks like I should have waited longer.

Has anyone else been having feeding issues on Gen 2s?

View Quote

I'm just going to address magazine springs and you kind of figured in your own post.

It is the  repeated compression and decompression of the spring that helps loosen or weekend It.

What I did was take a long wooden (3/8" diameter I think) dowel and push the spring in and out a bunch of times.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Can we see a picture of the screws from the other side?
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 11:57:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed... I don't think the side shown (left side)  of those are *supposed* to have wrench flats, are they?  
Looks like they have one flat edge to keep them from turning when you turn the wrench on the *other* side.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:58:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Thats what I was thinking also ... WD
Quoted:

Agreed... I don't think the side shown (left side)  of those are *supposed* to have wrench flats, are they?  
Looks like they have one flat edge to keep them from turning when you turn the wrench on the *other* side.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top