Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2015 11:03:18 AM EDT
I have been patiently waiting for a Gen II MPX and I will finally take delivery today. In anticipation I have been acquiring parts but with a major piece still missing...the trigger. I was wondering what everyone else is running and what would be the best for quick reset & rapped fire?
Internet seems to point me to Geissele SD 3G or Wilson TR TTU 3G. LMK what you think arfcom!
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 11:59:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope the answer is Geissele S3G, because that's what I ordered yesterday
PSA had 15% off.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hope the answer is Geissele S3G, because that's what I ordered yesterday
PSA had 15% off.
View Quote

It is the answer you were seeking. I'm running one in mine. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#3]
SD3G Makes this gun more fun than a barrel full of puppies
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have been patiently waiting for a Gen II MPX and I will finally take delivery today. In anticipation I have been acquiring parts but with a major piece still missing...the trigger. I was wondering what everyone else is running and what would be the best for quick reset & rapped fire?
Internet seems to point me to Geissele SD 3G or Wilson TR TTU 3G. LMK what you think arfcom!
View Quote

You are getting a Gen II MPX?
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep...keymod! Wondered when someone would catch that. Now I can swap caliber and barrel length w/o cutting. Of course I then need SIG to make those barrels available.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 9:06:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the Geissele is the ticket; that's what I'll be getting. Never had any issues with them and even if the MPX wrecked one somehow, Geissele would replace it for free.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think the Geissele is the ticket; that's what I'll be getting. Never had any issues with them and even if the MPX wrecked one somehow, Geissele would replace it for free.
View Quote

I looked at the SD3G. I called Geissele and asked about it. They said they've had some issues with that trigger in the MPX. They suggested the SSA would be a better choice.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I looked at the SD3G. I called Geissele and asked about it. They said they've had some issues with that trigger in the MPX. They suggested the SSA would be a better choice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SSA is in mine.

Now if the Feds would just hurry up...
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 11:18:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Since the OEM trigger has a bridge is there any reason after changing to say a Geiselle can you also swap out the safety selector?
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I seem to recall that replacing the factory MPX trigger with an aftermarket AR trigger will void the warranty. This was an issue that floated around the inter webs a couple of months ago. Something about the bridge on the OEM part preventing wear. I've not seen anything official from Sig about this, but I wanted to bring it up since I have a Gen2 inbound.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Since the OEM trigger has a bridge is there any reason after changing to say a Geiselle can you also swap out the safety selector?
View Quote

You sure can. I recommend a 45 degree. I love mine.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I seem to recall that replacing the factory MPX trigger with an aftermarket AR trigger will void the warranty. This was an issue that floated around the inter webs a couple of months ago. Something about the bridge on the OEM part preventing wear. I've not seen anything official from Sig about this, but I wanted to bring it up since I have a Gen2 inbound.
View Quote

If MPX falls, remove aftermarket trigger and re-install OEM trigger before returning it for repair. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone use a LaRue MBT trigger in their MPX?  LaRue is having  sale on the MBT...thinking about using the MBT in the MPX.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 3:15:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Hipertouch Tar-Heel 3gun (now called the ECL), with the medium weight pair of hammer springs.

The extra hammer force of the most powerful pair, 1/3 greater than factory, actually seemed to cause a failure to eject malfunction once or twice every few mags. It's been running 100% since the spring change.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I ended up getting a good deal on NIB SD3G...I have never been disappointed in a Geissele yet.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 10:35:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I plan on trying out a Wilson Combat TTU in my Gen2 MPX.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:29:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I put a Giessele SSA-E in mine.  Very nice.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:27:23 PM EDT
[#18]
SIG Customer Service (naturally) advises against an aftermarket in the MPX. Having visited the SIG Pro Shop at the Academy in Exeter, they actually sell the Geissele line of triggers for other platforms. Since the Geissele is sold on SIG property, then they are marketing partners. So this piqued my curiosity if they would recommend this product for the MPX too. They said NO! The MPX has a very fast, high impulse bolt-carrier that most AR sytle triggers cannot sustain over time and will likely cause a fracture in the fire control group.
The MPX stock trigger has a beefier "bridge" section to sustain the higher impulse forces.

Damn.

http://www.stevejenkins.com/blog/2015/06/will-upgrading-the-sig-sauer-mpx-to-an-ar-15-trigger-void-your-warranty/
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 6:39:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
SIG Customer Service (naturally) advises against an aftermarket in the MPX. Having visited the SIG Pro Shop at the Academy in Exeter, they actually sell the Geissele line of triggers for other platforms. Since the Geissele is sold on SIG property, then they are marketing partners. So this piqued my curiosity if they would recommend this product for the MPX too. They said NO! The MPX has a very fast, high impulse bolt-carrier that most AR sytle triggers cannot sustain over time and will likely cause a fracture in the fire control group.
The MPX stock trigger has a beefier "bridge" section to sustain the higher impulse forces.

Damn.

http://www.stevejenkins.com/blog/2015/06/will-upgrading-the-sig-sauer-mpx-to-an-ar-15-trigger-void-your-warranty/
View Quote

"Bill Geissele • 5 months ago
HK guns also have the bridge. High impulse guns will toss the hammer back violently so that the hammer will hit the disconnector. By repeatedly striking the disconnector it will actually fracture over time. As a trigger similar to the Sig the ALG trigger may have this problem. However, the Geissele triggers are designed so that the bridge is not needed and the hi velocity of the bolt carrier will not effect it. And even if there was a problem Geissele's golden warrenty is always there to help you out."

I ordered an SD3G for mine.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:39:39 AM EDT
[#20]
So how bout a trigger wear readies or round-count from some of ya'll that dropped in an SSA or SSA-E? I haven't had a chance to shoot my SSA yet but dry firing is a overall much better than the stock MPX trigger. Im looking forward to running the setup with my new folding stock after the holidays.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 6:57:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Geissele sde installed no vissible accelerated wear on hammer, sear, disco, or pins. Also No problems with pins walking out. Round count is somewhere in the 1400+ range.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 11:51:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Right on, thanks for the update
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:08:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Glad to see that changing the trigger now does not void warranty
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:26:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Glad to see that changing the trigger now does not void warranty
View Quote

I agree, very happy to hear that from Sig. A step in the right direction for sure.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 4:30:00 PM EDT
[#25]
SSA. In today! Amazing. Be the calm guy or gal if it's for home defense but just wow!

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#26]
I really want to see someone review the Franklin BFS Trigger in the MPX.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:40:13 PM EDT
[#27]
I recently put an SSA-E in my MPX. No issues after a brief outing with it.

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I put in a SSA, I wanted a heavier spring than what was in the SSA-E.   I put 200 rounds through it so far and am very happy with it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 8:36:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Heard good things about the Wilson TTU-3G so ordered one today for my MPX. Gonna see how I like it compared to my SD3G.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top