Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2015 4:13:59 PM EDT
Well I was going to do a QC10 9mm AR, but have watched videos and read reviews of the SIG MPX and have decided to go with that instead.  I will be doing a Form1 SBR for it and already have an Octane 45 HD.

I read there is a V2 of the MPX coming out with the keymod rail and improved charging handle.  Any ideas on the release or would you just buy one that's in stock now.

I dont like the availability of mags, but that should improve over time.

So looking for a good place to buy a MPX and seeing what stocks people like best.
They seem like a solid SMG although pricey!

Alan
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one of the pistols for my wife and liked it so Much that I bought a 2nd one for me. I am not sure how you would improve the charging handle, it is a typical AR charging handle, swapping for an after market of your choice  seems easy enough. As far as stocks go options are improving. Sig tells me that the PDW telescoping Stock is 8 to 12 weeks out. I have  rather clunky fixed brace adaptor that a standard AR stock will fit on. I saw the folding Brace from Sig today it is quite elegant and it appears that it would accept an AR stock.  This is a very accurate little set up  and runs well with a suppressor. I suspect that I will buy at least one of  40/357 sig conversion package when it becomes available along with a 4 inch 9mm Barrel  so I can have a compact suppressed set up when I want one.
I was initially going to go with the Scorpion Evo but after seeing them side by side I went the MPX. Nothing wrong with the Scorpion , but the MPX is just worth the extra Coin.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, looks  like its time to get one ordered!
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:38:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought one of the pistols for my wife and liked it so Much that I bought a 2nd one for me. I am not sure how you would improve the charging handle, it is a typical AR charging handle, swapping for an after market of your choice  seems easy enough. As far as stocks go options are improving. Sig tells me that the PDW telescoping Stock is 8 to 12 weeks out. I have  rather clunky fixed brace adaptor that a standard AR stock will fit on. I saw the folding Brace from Sig today it is quite elegant and it appears that it would accept an AR stock.  This is a very accurate little set up  and runs well with a suppressor. I suspect that I will buy at least one of  40/357 sig conversion package when it becomes available along with a 4 inch 9mm Barrel  so I can have a compact suppressed set up when I want one.
I was initially going to go with the Scorpion Evo but after seeing them side by side I went the MPX. Nothing wrong with the Scorpion , but the MPX is just worth the extra Coin.
View Quote

What he means by improving the charging handle is fixing the slop it currently has. When you charge the weapon, it is putting some serious gouges into the metal which is a little more than just normal wear and tear which we are used to. Sig is aware of the problem and working on a fix from what I have heard. Do some searching on the charging handle issue and you will see what we are talking about or just look at yours and you will see the issue.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:50:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

From what I have read, the MPX version that is already out will not be compatible with the caliber swap kits down the line. The current (I'll call it Gen 1 MPX) is 9mm only. One would have to buy a Gen 2 complete upper if they want to change to a different caliber offered by Sig. The Gen 2 MPX will come with key mod forend and will allow for caliber change.

OP, I have a 9mm SBR and still am intrigued by the MPX however I am waiting for the Gen 2 version as it will have the different forend, be offering in K model and potentially have a fix for the charging handle issue.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:47:50 AM EDT
[#5]
were sig to release a 45 version of the mpx I would be forced to purchase a 45 can and a sig mpx.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

From what I have read, the MPX version that is already out will not be compatible with the caliber swap kits down the line. The current (I'll call it Gen 1 MPX) is 9mm only. One would have to buy a Gen 2 complete upper if they want to change to a different caliber offered by Sig. The Gen 2 MPX will come with key mod forend and will allow for caliber change.

OP, I have a 9mm SBR and still am intrigued by the MPX however I am waiting for the Gen 2 version as it will have the different forend, be offering in K model and potentially have a fix for the charging handle issue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any ideas when this Gen 2 may be available?  I might just buy the current version as I'm not too worried about caliber swap ability at all and the charging handle paper clip fix seems to be a simple yet effective fix.  I would imagine they will offer a keymod forend for the Gen 1 MPX as well too in the future?   I've read and watched a lot of videos and can't find many negatives about MPX.  I want one soon!

Alan
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#7]
J
Quoted:

Any ideas when this Gen 2 may be available?  I might just buy the current version as I'm not too worried about caliber swap ability at all and the charging handle paper clip fix seems to be a simple yet effective fix.  I would imagine they will offer a keymod forend for the Gen 1 MPX as well too in the future?   I've read and watched a lot of videos and can't find many negatives about MPX.  I want one soon!

Alan
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alan

If you can't wait for the gen 2 version which could be anybody's guess when it will come out, just get the gen 1. Sig has said that gen 1 customers should be able to purchase the gen 2 uppers at a discounted price. Yes the keymod rail will be available as an accessory hopefully soon.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 11:03:19 PM EDT
[#8]
^This is what i did. Who knows when the gen 2 will come out. As for the charging handle,  a little Velcro or duct tape on the receiver will mitigate any marks.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:45:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Had to call Sig CS today for some stuff and asked about the gen 2 and it is still unknown at this time. I was told however that a new charging handle should be out in about 3 weeks and take care of the current issue.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Had to call Sig CS today for some stuff and asked about the gen 2 and it is still unknown at this time. I was told however that a new charging handle should be out in about 3 weeks and take care of the current issue.
View Quote

Sounds good!  I'm gonna look around tomorrow morning when I get home from work and buy one.  Trying to find the best price.  Do they still offer the 3 mags w/pouch once you have MPX in hand w/serial number?
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 10:05:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sounds good!  I'm gonna look around tomorrow morning when I get home from work and buy one.  Trying to find the best price.  Do they still offer the 3 mags w/pouch once you have MPX in hand w/serial number?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mag deal is still available, just on back order.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 7:44:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What he means by improving the charging handle is fixing the slop it currently has. When you charge the weapon, it is putting some serious gouges into the metal which is a little more than just normal wear and tear which we are used to. Sig is aware of the problem and working on a fix from what I have heard. Do some searching on the charging handle issue and you will see what we are talking about or just look at yours and you will see the issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to confess I was completely unaware if the issue. No evidence on either of ours yet.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Pull the charging handle back an let go a few times and I guarantee you will have it, unless you already have the upgraded charging handle which is very unlikely.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 1:19:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is this mag deal? I did a search and can't find any info on it. I'm considering picking one up today.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 2:17:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

What is this mag deal? I did a search and can't find any info on it. I'm considering picking one up today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Every MPX comes with a coupon for 20% off any accessories. The coupon also has a deal for 3 MPX plus a 3-mag carrier for $140.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Every MPX comes with a coupon for 20% off any accessories. The coupon also has a deal for 3 MPX plus a 3-mag carrier for $140.

Great. Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great. Thanks!

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 2:37:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Just finished my purchase with one on Gunbroker.  I'm excited to get this and get it SBR'd!

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 3:26:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't forget that the 20% off coupon is also good on the stock. I paid $220ish for the telestock. Just need for it to come off back order. And for my F1 to be approved.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Don't forget that the 20% off coupon is also good on the stock. I paid $220ish for the telestock. Just need for it to come off back order. And for my F1 to be approved.
View Quote

Is the telestock available through Sig? I don't see it on their Website?
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 4:57:41 PM EDT
[#20]
You have to call the number on the 20% off flyer that comes in box. Unfortunately not all products are listed on website.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 5:36:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, you call them directly. The phone number is on the coupon. The stock is backordered (I was quoted 8 weeks). The 20% is applied to your entire order, so you can order as many accessories as you want. They will ship as they become available.

The Form 1 will take longer than the stock to ship, so the backorder wasn't a big deal for me.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Sweet. Thanks for the info guys. Last time I eformed a SBR it took 30 days (6 months ago) and now they're 120. The ATF is inept as ever..A couple of last questions. I've read about the charging handle issue, but read that Sig stated their working on a fix for it. Is this hearsay or fact? I really prefer not to have to use Velcro, tape or a paper clip to fix the issue on a $1,200-$1,300 gun.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sweet. Thanks for the info guys. Last time I eformed a SBR it took 30 days (6 months ago) and now they're 120. The ATF is inept as ever..A couple of last questions. I've read about the charging handle issue, but read that Sig stated their working on a fix for it. Is this hearsay or fact? I really prefer not to have to use Velcro, tape or a paper clip to fix the issue on a $1,200-$1,300 gun.
View Quote

The charging handle coming out is not hearsay, I back ordered one today and was told it will be ambi but the CS rep couldn't give me any more details. Let's just hope it fixes the slop issue as well.

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Does anyone know...

If I buy a new one today, will SIG send out a corrected charging handle without charge?

Are they making you guys that own them pay for replacing the defective CH?
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:04:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Pull the charging handle back an let go a few times and I guarantee you will have it, unless you already have the upgraded charging handle which is very unlikely.
View Quote

We have only run a few hundred rounds through each and haven't found anything , I did do the research and found the "Paper Clip fix"  which I will probably try some variation of.

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#26]
I have ran the hell outta mine and haven't really had a issue? I pull back and up instead of back and down? Is this issue causing real damage or just some scuffed paint? I just found out about this sorry late to the game I guess..
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 10:28:26 AM EDT
[#27]
If you take the sharp edge off the bottom of the CH at at 45, it stops the CH from digging into the upper. At least it has so far for ours.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 12:09:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

So are they going to swap out all the old charging handles?
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 3:30:00 AM EDT
[#29]
This "charging handle issue" is being blown out of proportion. It's a wear item. Big deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top