Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2015 7:20:51 PM EDT
I bought this in March from Cabelas. It was a impulse buy simply because I couldn't believe the BATF was allowing what looked like to me a SBR with a folding brace that could be used as a stock. Well after I brought it home I started thinking that I would convert it to a SBR. Got the Trust, got it engraved, sent the form 1 off 4/5 and received the stamp back on 7/10. In between the time I applied for the stamp and received it I did the shopping for a scope, mount and a stock to adapt to the knuckle. And bought a SIg Srd 7.62 Ti suppressor on 7/2. I sighted it in the weekend the stamp arrived and got it shooting a 2.5" group at 50 yards which I thought was pretty good considering the 12-14 lb trigger pull. Function wise it was perfect. Now I am shopping for a decent trigger and then I think it'll be good to go.
http://s789.photobucket.com/user/WaA66/library/mcx

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics not loading.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:12:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I am trying to figure it out. The preview shows the pics but after I submit the change all that appears are the links.

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Your probably linking to local content. You need to use a photo hosting site.
Oops looked, according to the link you moved or deleted the pic
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:40:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Your not a team member and not enough posts, that's why pics aren't working
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Added link to photobucket album...
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Added link to photobucket album...
View Quote

here you go.  nice gun

Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:07:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice!

The stock triggers are heavy. I swapped the springs out for some others I had in a lpk I had which made a big difference. I'll upgrade it to a g trigger later.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:23:21 AM EDT
[#9]
That is bad ass!  How did you adapt the stock to the knuckle?  I want to do that same thing with my MPX brace.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That is bad ass!  How did you adapt the stock to the knuckle?  I want to do that same thing with my MPX brace.
View Quote

It's just AR threads, so any buffer tube should work without the plate(minus a few exemptions like the UBR and PRS stock)
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
I assumed that the tube was standard AR so I went ahead and bought the ACE carbine stock and put them together.The hardest part was removing the brace from the tube and them the knuckle from the brace. I stood the brace up on it's end in a sink of hot water and it slipped right off. A strap wrench and vise was used to remove the knuckle from the tube.

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:03:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I assumed that the tube was standard AR so I went ahead and bought the ACE carbine stock and put them together.The hardest part was removing the brace from the tube and them the knuckle from the brace. I stood the brace up on it's end in a sink of hot water and it slipped right off. A strap wrench and vise was used to remove the knuckle from the tube.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for the advice.  I'm looking forward to doing the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top