User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2015 11:00:37 PM EDT
Wondering which suppressor is everyone using or like on their mpx's
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:25:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Sticking a Tirant 9 on mine once I get the adapter
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:35:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Octane 9 HD right now, SF Ryder 9 Ti when I get it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 1:43:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Octane 45
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:16:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Tirant 45 using fixed spacer.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:28:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Octane45 here.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:15:40 AM EDT
[#6]
TiRant 9 when the correct piston arrives.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:27:22 AM EDT
[#7]
TiRant 9s
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I looked at the Tirant 9s .

Who makes the smallest most quiet can in your opion fellas?

Has anyone heard in person the Thompson machine Poseidon ?

I want to go small but offer a bit more suppression then the 9s.

5-6 inch max
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Octane 9 and its mildly over gassed but suppresses amazing. Tirrant is ~ quiter sounding but a higher pitch tone.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:11:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Ti-Rant 9
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:38:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone have any experience with the Thompson machine Poseidon can ?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Anybody have a pic of the octane on it?  I have a 45k in jail right now just curious what it might look like?  If the barrel gets cut down will the can go flush or even recessed back into the rails?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 8:43:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anybody have a pic of the octane on it?  I have a 45k in jail right now just curious what it might look like?  If the barrel gets cut down will the can go flush or even recessed back into the rails?
View Quote

4"

The can doesn't even come close to flush. You would need a 1" barrel to get it to sit flush with the rail. Also octane 9 in pic
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

4"
http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah109/jayyhusky/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsrcdgxzvq.jpg

The can doesn't even come close to flush. You would need a 1" barrel to get it to sit flush with the rail. Also octane 9 in pic
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

4"
http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah109/jayyhusky/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsrcdgxzvq.jpg

Sorry I said that wrong.  I was wondering if part of the can goes recessed into the rail or sits flush to it?  Basically make it look like an internally suppressed unit.  Seems your octane 9 is doing exactly that?!?!
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Sorry I said that wrong.  I was wondering if part of the can goes recessed into the rail or sits flush to it?  Basically make it look like an internally suppressed unit.  Seems your octane 9 is doing exactly that?!?!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

4"

Depends on the design of the rear of the can. The muzzle of the 8" barrel sticks out slightly beyond the handguard, but the threads begin under the handguard. The rear 1/2" of the can will be underneath the handguard.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:54:04 PM EDT
[#16]
As soon as my barrel gets threaded 1/2-28 it'll host an Evo-9.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 11:55:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone using a tri-lug mount? Thinking of getting one from TROS along with a tri-lug adapter for my Gem-Tech Multi-Mount.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anyone using a tri-lug mount? Thinking of getting one from TROS along with a tri-lug adapter for my Gem-Tech Multi-Mount.
View Quote

Yes, had my barrel shortened to 4.5" by ADCO and added a tri-lug adapter from HKparts, nice setup.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Yes, had my barrel shortened to 4.5" by ADCO and added a tri-lug adapter from HKparts, nice setup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks. What thread pitch did you use?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:57:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When ADCO chopped it, I had them rethread in 1/2x28 because the 3 lug adapters were a little more common in that pitch.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:35:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did ADCO strip your barrel before they cut or did you have to strip the parts from the barrel?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 1:58:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Did ADCO strip your barrel before they cut or did you have to strip the parts from the barrel?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sent the barrel with the piston. Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I cut mine to 4.5 and used a 1/2x28 Trilug from HKParts.  TiRant 45s has the Triad mount from AAC.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Need to get the right piston, but planning on using an Octane 9HD (need to see what piston adapter I have in the box).
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 7:49:00 PM EDT
[#25]
When you had the barrel shortened did you have to modify the piston in anyway ?

No malfunctions or anything of that sort
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:23:04 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm pretty impressed with the Osprey 45 on it.

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 1:12:41 AM EDT
[#27]
And here I was thinking the Osprey would not work on it because the threads went down inside the rail. Did you have to use an adapter?
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 1:51:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Just the 13.5 XL piston....and the spacer.

I'm pretty impressed with this rig.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Over gassing at all?
Run 115, 124 & 147 okay?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:14:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Tyrant .45,

I use it on other guns as well, but its sooooo nice on the MPX, I plan on buying a 9 just for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top