Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2015 10:24:43 PM EDT
Thanks for the help.  Some how I had glanced over the info on Sigs page.

EDIT

Getting ready to turn in my Form 1 paperwork.   Does anybody know the  length of the MPX with the folder and stock, and the collapsible as well.

Thanks in advance

RS
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:50:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I used 22.6 for telescoping + MPX-P.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:46:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Getting ready to turn in my Form 1 paperwork.   Does anybody know the  length of the MPX with the folder and stock, and the collapsible as well.

Thanks in advance

RS
View Quote

According to the specs at http://www.sigevolution.com/sigmpx, it's 22.8 inches for the collapsible (telestock).
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:03:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Telescoping stock: 19.75" collapsed, 24" extended.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Are those measurements to the end of the barrel without the flash suppressor?
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:09:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you have an MPX with a telestock installed?  You're presenting this information as factual in multiple threads but it's contrary to the manufacturer's specifications.  Again, I'll request that you please provide detailed calculations for how you arrived at these values.  Please explain why Sig's stated overall length is incorrect and why you believe these are correct values to use when filling out an ATF Form 1.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:19:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:29:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Do you have an MPX with a telestock installed?  You're presenting this information as factual in multiple threads but it's contrary to the manufacturer's specifications.  Again, I'll request that you please provide detailed calculations for how you arrived at these values.  Please explain why Sig's stated overall length is incorrect and why you believe these are correct values to use when filling out an ATF Form 1.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chill out. Do you know how many versions the Sig MPX has gone through? How many times they have changed standard barrel length? Or how many revisions they have made to the telescoping stock? How does anyone of us know that their data is even good? I know it's wrong cause I have done the math myself. Why would I give out false data? Do you own an MPX? If so, do your own math. I own an MPX and the telescoping stock. Because my form 1 is not back yet I have not had the stock installed but I have measured both separately. That's how I have come by that data. Sorry this is not school and I don't have to show my work how I got there. Maybe you should be questioning Sig, not me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:30:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Chill out.  I'm quite calm.  You're telling people to use an overall length that appears nowhere else besides your own posts, and I'm simply requesting some details regarding how those values were obtained.   Do you know how many versions the Sig MPX has gone through?  How many times they have changed standard barrel length? Or how many revisions they have made to the telescoping stock? How does anyone of us know that their data is even good? Why should anyone trust a random post on a discussion forum over the manufacturer's published specs?  I know it's wrong cause I have done the math myself. Then please show it, that's all I'm asking.  Before anyone uses your values on their Form 1, wouldn't you expect they would want to know where those numbers came from? Why would I give out false data? Why would Sig?  You're speaking with some authority on the matter, contradicting the manufacturer's specs.  One would think you would justify your claims. Do you own an MPX? If so, do your own math. I own one, but not the stock.  If you expect people to do their own math, why have you posted these overall length values in at least 2 threads? I own an MPX and the telescoping stock. Because my form 1 is not back yet I have not had the stock installed but I have measured both separately. That's how I have come by that data. Sorry this is not school and I don't have to show my work how I got there. If you're not willing to provide the math behind your claims, then you should refrain from advising people to use those values on the Form 1. It's that simple. Maybe you should be questioning Sig, not me. Sig is not posting in ARFCOM threads and contradicting their own published specifications.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chill out.  I'm quite calm.  You're telling people to use an overall length that appears nowhere else besides your own posts, and I'm simply requesting some details regarding how those values were obtained.   Do you know how many versions the Sig MPX has gone through?  How many times they have changed standard barrel length? Or how many revisions they have made to the telescoping stock? How does anyone of us know that their data is even good? Why should anyone trust a random post on a discussion forum over the manufacturer's published specs?  I know it's wrong cause I have done the math myself. Then please show it, that's all I'm asking.  Before anyone uses your values on their Form 1, wouldn't you expect they would want to know where those numbers came from? Why would I give out false data? Why would Sig?  You're speaking with some authority on the matter, contradicting the manufacturer's specs.  One would think you would justify your claims. Do you own an MPX? If so, do your own math. I own one, but not the stock.  If you expect people to do their own math, why have you posted these overall length values in at least 2 threads? I own an MPX and the telescoping stock. Because my form 1 is not back yet I have not had the stock installed but I have measured both separately. That's how I have come by that data. Sorry this is not school and I don't have to show my work how I got there. If you're not willing to provide the math behind your claims, then you should refrain from advising people to use those values on the Form 1. It's that simple. Maybe you should be questioning Sig, not me. Sig is not posting in ARFCOM threads and contradicting their own published specifications.

My comments in red.  I don't care if you're right or wrong, or if Sig's specs are right or wrong, I just want the facts.  You've made some claims that contradict the manufacturer's specification for overall length, and I can't consider those numbers credible without justification..  I don't understand why you won't explain why your measured MPX length + measured stock length - measured overlap = your stated values.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 1:15:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Here you go. You can get your own OAL from your own MPX. 3.85", 8.1". Go ahead and call Sig, see if they care to change their data.

ETA: There is one guy on here who has his form 1 back already and has his stocked installed. Maybe you should pester him too for his data.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:57:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Here you go. You can get your own OAL from your own MPX. 3.85", 8.1". Go ahead and call Sig, see if they care to change their data.

ETA: There is one guy on here who has his form 1 back already and has his stocked installed. Maybe you should pester him too for his data.
View Quote

I'm not pestering anyone.  You refuse to explain why and how Sig's value for OAL is incorrect, and why the value you stated should be used for the purpose of filling out NFA paperwork.  I asked you to back up your OAL value with basic calculations, which again, you have not done.  We'll just take it on your say-so, I guess.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 3:31:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm not pestering anyone.  You refuse to explain why and how Sig's value for OAL is incorrect, and why the value you stated should be used for the purpose of filling out NFA paperwork.  I asked you to back up your OAL value with basic calculations, which again, you have not done.  We'll just take it on your say-so, I guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How am I refusing when the numbers I just gave clearly show Sig's data is wrong. Don't want to measure your own MPX? Not my problem. And way to gloss over another way to back up my claim.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 3:55:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Also, explain to me the length difference between the Sig MPX and SIG MPX-K in the table below. The first has an 8" barrel, but the latter has. 4.5" barrel YET the OAL between the two guns only differs by two inches. What more evidence do you want

MPX specs by Two Sierra, on Flickr

I don't care if you don't believe me, but don't tell me I'm sharing bad info when you have no clue what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:59:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly. It really doesnt Matter, it's just a block that needs to have a number in it. It's not something that they are going to kick back because their stock, receiver, barrel and muzzle device data base says invalid.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:26:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top