Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2015 7:43:23 AM EDT
I'm looking to get my upper cerekoted to match the sig grey 550 style lower. Has anyone done this? Did you have to remove the barrel and dust covers? I would think the should be able to mask the rubber but Im not sure.

Does anyone have the cerekote Sig grey color to match?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 7:58:12 AM EDT
[#1]
No matter how hard you try, it will never match exactly.  Just have the whole rifle Cerakoted.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#2]
nothing?
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#3]
anyone cerekote yet?
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 8:47:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not knowledgeable about Cerakote but the gunsmith at Blue Ridge Arsenal in Virginia has the actual Swiss Grey Ilaflon coating and is able to apply it to your gun.

He occasionally posts here so maybe he will chime in.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 8:55:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No matter how hard you try, it will never match exactly.  Just have the whole rifle Cerakoted.
View Quote

I do professional Cerakote, and we would take it on, but it would be prohibitively expensive. With color matching, it's towing to take time and product for trial and error, all of which is valuable, especially time.

Just have both Cerakoted in the grey you like. Easier and cheaper. Plus most places have deals on upper and lower coating, I know we do.

In sure someone will be along shortly to tell me I'm doing it wrong though.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep, still doing the Ilaflon Sig Grey. Also have Sig Black. Just finished up and sent out a gun to TX. IM me for prices. Also do Cerakote and have 3/4 of their colors in stock. To do it correctly, I would suggest doing the upper, lower and any of the parts that should be grey, all at the same time. Due to different batches of color mix over time, the color I shoot will vary in color to the original. Due to fade, use, curing temp...etc.. I follow Sigs directions to a "t". After the parts are stripped of all old paint, they get soaked in MEK for 1 hour, then dried. Once dried and clean, they go into a park tank to get a full Manganese parkerized finish. then cleaned and dipped in MEK again. At that point they have to be painted within a couple hours. Then they go into the oven to be ramp cured (0-448-0) over a 3 hour cycle time (custom made oven with controller). Then I ck fit and assemble. All told, about 5-7 hours of time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top