Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Rename the thread title to the folding stock thread.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rename the thread title to the folding stock thread.
View Quote

I think it should be, waiting for a part that should have been available when the gun first shipped for half a year is sick.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 1:14:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I received the ZRTS Collapsable PDW stock in the mail yesterday. Here's my thoughts on the product:

The machining looks alright on everything with the exception of the button that allows the stock to extend/collapse; it looks like it was machined by Helen Keller. Its not square at all, not symmetrical, and the button gets cock-eyed in the stock when depressing it and gets stuck. Additionally, ZRTS anodizes all the aluminum parts EXCEPT the release button, which doesn't look great in my opinion. It is not anodized the same as the MPX, which makes the stock look out of place (its a "shiny" black). This may not be an issue for some, but I am extremely OCD, so take that for what its worth. I don't believe that shiny parts belong on a firearm like the MPX.

I also don't like the way that the stock secures to the MPX. It has an allen head screw that screws into the stock and butts up against the 1913 rail on the MPX, which will most likely mar the surface of the MPX (as opposed to the KAK industries buffer tube adapter, which runs screws through the slots in the 1913 rail.

IMO, for $375, this thing does not deliver. I think MAYBE $200 would be fair for the level of quality. The customer service during the buying process was great (I dealt with Zach, very nice fella), but unfortunately the quality of the product isn't commensurate with the price. In retrospect, I would have just got in line and waited for a genuine Sig stock. I'll probably hold on to this one to hold me over until I can get my Sig stock, but for the rest of you, consider the above before purchase. I think if ZRTS were to at least anodize the release button black and find a way to keep it from jamming up when you push it, as well as parkerizing the stainless steel rails on the stock, they might have a winner here. Until then, I would say just wait for Sig to catch up. Attention to detail is key when making a product for the gun market.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 1:30:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm disappointed for you OGrady, but I'm glad you shared your experience with us.  I bet a lot of us were considering that stock as an option if the delay continued to drag on and on.  Hopefully once your Sig stock arrives you can at sell the ZRTS and recover some of your cash.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 3:52:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for your honest opinion. Hate to hear that it didn't work out ...
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 9:09:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Ordered 5/20
Told it would ship by the end of November
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 9:11:46 AM EDT
[#7]
The folding stock from Sig secures to the MPX the same way as the ZRTS stock. It slides onto the 1913 rail interface and secures with an torx screw.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:05:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I currently have a KAK picatinny adapter with a BAD light weight tube and an butt stock on my  MPX. I was thinking about buying the Hera Arms (Rainier) folding adapter  and inserting it between the KAK adapter and the BAD tube. IThe total length would  be a couple of inches longer that current length, but i could cut down the tube if needed. Anybody try this or have any opinions. I know that the folded length would be  longer than Sigs,  but I'm willing to live with that.

azarrby
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are these the pictures you're looking for?

This is my preferred setup with the MPX.  I like our collapsible stock, but if you are going to do serious shooting with it, the folder is the way to go.  Also, when folded, the MPX has a shorter profile than with the C-stock fully collapsed.

Any questions, i'll be glad to help where I can.

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac251/coregon/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsolww47po.jpeg

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac251/coregon/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxse3nl1k.jpeg
View Quote

ok..i feel like an idiot for asking..

how the hell does the stock collapse?
View Quote

That's not the collapsible stock - this is the side folder (think OEM on the MCX).
View Quote

doh..i know..i meant fold..I am looking at one attached to an MPX i just got the form 1 back on and can't figure it out...this is embarrassing.  
View Quote

The stock will lift slightly and then fold - if you look at the folder from the side, you'll see a notch - you'll lift the stock out of that notch and fold it.
View Quote

You were absolutely right. I received the telescoping stock today. It definitely has the cool factor, but the LOP with the folding stock seems to feel better when aiming.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 10:30:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You were absolutely right. I received the telescoping stock today. It definitely has the cool factor, but the LOP with the folding stock seems to feel better when aiming.
View Quote

When did your order your tele stock?  Finally got my folder today which is super nice but I kinda want a slightly shorter LOP so I think the tele stock will suit me better.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 10:42:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I really like the cool factor of the telescoping, my folder is just about cheek weld and LOP though. Thanks for the great write up on the aftermarket telescoping stock I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on one until I saw your advice. I appreciate getting to save the money. Sorry you had to bite the bullet on that one.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 11:08:44 PM EDT
[#12]
It's all good. I'm in the process of talking with the manufacturer to determine if the release button truly is out of spec or if it is actually supposed to be machined the way it is. I will report back when I have everything resolved. So far ZRTS has been very responsive.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 11:38:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm disappointed for you OGrady, but I'm glad you shared your experience with us.  I bet a lot of us were considering that stock as an option if the delay continued to drag on and on.  Hopefully once your Sig stock arrives you can at sell the ZRTS and recover some of your cash.
View Quote

I considered the stock, but not for close to $400 the gun itself was only 1200 I wasn't about to pay $400 for it. My Sig stock finally shipped and it only cost 195.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 11:51:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I ordered the tele stock on 5/21 - received it today 11/7.  I really think I'm beginning to favor the folding stock, though.  It is lighter than the tele and it seems to have a more suitable LOP for me at least.  They are both great stocks... hard choice.

here's a couple more pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/M2QJ3

Quoted:

When did your order your tele stock?  Finally got my folder today which is super nice but I kinda want a slightly shorter LOP so I think the tele stock will suit me better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Has anyone attempted to order either of the stocks from Optics Planet? I spoke with them and they said they expect to get some in stock by the end of the month, but seeing as how sig is barely fulfilling orders from July, I have a hard time believing this.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I preordered from another vendor at the end of July, not a whisper, just crickets.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 2:39:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Called Sig on Friday  and was told that my Oct. order should be shipping by the end of Nov. We'll see...
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 4:28:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ordered 5/20
Told it would ship by the end of November
View Quote

I ordered first week of June and was told the same last week.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 4:47:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I emailed Optics Planet today and was given a different answer from my last conversation with them. The gist of it is; backordered indefinitely. Cancelled that order and called Sig to place a order directly and get in line this afternoon. Mags are somewhere around 6 weeks(if I remember correctly) and the thin folding stocks are 12 weeks out. Looks like I'm in for the long haul. I also mailed the ZR tactical stock back today, so we'll see if they give me a refund or not.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 5:08:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 5:31:04 PM EDT
[#21]
$299
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Did you guys get a confirmation email when you backordered your stock and/or mags from Sig?
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Did you guys get a confirmation email when you backordered your stock and/or mags from Sig?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 9:05:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I emailed Optics Planet today and was given a different answer from my last conversation with them. The gist of it is; backordered indefinitely. Cancelled that order and called Sig to place a order directly and get in line this afternoon. Mags are somewhere around 6 weeks(if I remember correctly) and the thin folding stocks are 12 weeks out. Looks like I'm in for the long haul. I also mailed the ZR tactical stock back today, so we'll see if they give me a refund or not.
View Quote

That's what I was told when I ordered 8 weeks ago.

Still no mags.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 10:48:58 PM EDT
[#25]
There are three factory tele stocks on ebay right now. One has a $525 BIN price.  (Not my auctions)
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Still no mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still no mags.

Optics Planet
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 10:54:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Optics Planet
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still no mags.

Optics Planet

?

I've never had any issues with them. As a matter of fact I've gotten some really good deals from them.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:39:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Guys, a little more patience, but also be on the lookout for the c-stock to hit quite a few dealers in the next couple of weeks (and fill your direct BOs)  

Just saw a report with the number we will have available by the end of the month, you will be happy
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Gotta tell you, the marketing, if it is that, is smart. I bought the folder MCX/MPX stock because I was tired of waiting, and I intend to keep it after I get my tele stock.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Gotta tell you, the marketing, if it is that, is smart. I bought the folder MCX/MPX stock because I was tired of waiting, and I intend to keep it after I get my tele stock.
View Quote

I don't know if it's this thread or one of the other MPX/MCX threads, but like i've said before (somewhere!) - you'll really like having both.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Honestly my patience is running thin when I see guys getting orders fulfilled for items that were ordered 1-3 months after me. As an example I have mags and a stock on order. You would think they could fulfill orders with multiple items as they get them and in the order they were placed. I've seen folks post up their order dates for mags and when they got them. Seems my order got pushed to the end of the line because I have a telescoping stock on order with my mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guys, a little more patience, but also be on the lookout for the c-stock to hit quite a few dealers in the next couple of weeks (and fill your direct BOs)  

Just saw a report with the number we will have available by the end of the month, you will be happy

Honestly my patience is running thin when I see guys getting orders fulfilled for items that were ordered 1-3 months after me. As an example I have mags and a stock on order. You would think they could fulfill orders with multiple items as they get them and in the order they were placed. I've seen folks post up their order dates for mags and when they got them. Seems my order got pushed to the end of the line because I have a telescoping stock on order with my mags.

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure what's up with your order but doesn't matter if you have multiple back ordered items on the same order. They are supposed to fill your order on whatever comes in first. And whatever is left on your order stays back orderd. You need to call CS and find out where the screw up is.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Not sure what's up with your order but doesn't matter if you have multiple back ordered items on the same order. They are supposed to fill your order on whatever comes in first. And whatever is left on your order stays back orderd. You need to call CS and find out where the screw up is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would recommend doing this.  I would say that your order needs to be looked at to confirm.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 9:04:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks fellas. Yeah I think I'll give them a ring Thursday and see what is up with the mag part of my order.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Ordered my essentials kit w/tan pouch 3 days ago and got the shipping notification this morning.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 6:45:50 PM EDT
[#38]

What no 500 price tag. Nice to see someone not trying to gouge.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Optics Planet
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still no mags.

Optics Planet

No, SIG directly.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 7:25:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I don't know if it's this thread or one of the other MPX/MCX threads, but like i've said before (somewhere!) - you'll really like having both.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't sure which one I wanted so I ordered both.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 5:53:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I also mailed the ZR tactical stock back today, so we'll see if they give me a refund or not.
View Quote

Looks like they're selling all their wonky returned telescoping stocks on eBay for $250...

http://m.ebay.com/itm/161889112352
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 7:39:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I would recommend doing this.  I would say that your order needs to be looked at to confirm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I called in about this and apparently whatever I initially ordered several months ago wasn't the "Kate-Moss" even though I had intended it to be. Not sure if it was a part number change or what. I cancelled the old order and reordered the correct one.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:03:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Looks like they're selling all their wonky returned telescoping stocks on eBay for $250...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I also mailed the ZR tactical stock back today, so we'll see if they give me a refund or not.

Yeah I finally got my refund today... Well, 80% of it anyway. Apparently (according to ZRTS), I scratched the stock, which I wasn't aware of since I put it on my friends MPX (he has a form 1 and I'm still waiting on mine). I felt the length of pull, hated it and then immediately removed it, so this item saw zero use. So I paid $335 for it and received $260 back. This is not in accordance with their very specific refund policy posted on their website, but they said that they need to strip and reanodize the stock, which they claim  justifies the $75 penalty. In my opinion, if the anodizing gets scratched off just from installing it, maybe they should look into a tougher finish. Needless to say, I won't be doing business with this company again. I am thankful to at least get most of my money back, however, and they were very responsive to all my emails.

My posts and review of ZRTS and their product is not meant to be a smear campaign against them by any stretch. This is solely my experience, so you be the judge on if you want to give them a shot or not.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:07:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yeah I finally got my refund today... Well, 80% of it anyway. Apparently (according to ZRTS), I scratched the stock, which I wasn't aware of since I put it on my friends MPX (he has a form 1 and I'm still waiting on mine). I felt the length of pull, hated it and then immediately removed it, so this item saw zero use. So I paid $335 for it and received $260 back. This is not in accordance with their very specific refund policy posted on their website, but they said that they need to strip and reanodize the stock, which they claim  justifies the $75 penalty. In my opinion, if the anodizing gets scratched off just from installing it, maybe they should look into a tougher finish. Needless to say, I won't be doing business with this company again. I am thankful to at least get most of my money back, however, and they were very responsive to all my emails.

My posts and review of ZRTS and their product is not meant to be a smear campaign against them by any stretch. This is solely my experience, so you be the judge on if you want to give them a shot or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you buy it with a credit card?  I don't think I would let someone rip me off for $75.

I think you would have known if you had scratched the anodizing off.

Different strokes...
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#45]
I thought the same thing, but I didn't want to push the issue so far that they tell me to get fucked and give me no refund at all.

Yes, I did purchase it with a credit card.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#46]
So whose willing to bet that all of the collapsible stocks that have been "in production" lately are going to the 16in Carbine and not to filling back orders... Just throwing that out there into the mix. Mostly because I'm pissed that these are all still on back order.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So whose willing to bet that all of the collapsible stocks that have been "in production" lately are going to the 16in Carbine and not to filling back orders... Just throwing that out there into the mix. Mostly because I'm pissed that these are all still on back order.
View Quote

It's obvious that's what's going on.  Backordered stocks will not be shipped as long as there are Gen 2 Carbines to be shipped.  If the telestock supply never catches up to the carbine demand we'll all just get fucked on an indefinite basis.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:47:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Yep. I'd like to call and demand they pull one off and fulfill the order but they would have to give a fuck about customer service for that to happen.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 2:08:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:Just saw a report with the number we will have available by the end of the month, you will be happy
View Quote

Yeah we are pretty happy to still be on backorder while you guys unload new order carbines with our stocks.

Not much time left in November
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 7:28:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yeah we are pretty happy to still be on backorder while you guys unload new order carbines with our stocks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Just saw a report with the number we will have available by the end of the month, you will be happy

+1

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top