Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would you explain your opinion on serious shooting with the folding stock vs. the telescoping stock.  I'm curious.
View Quote

All day courses.  Shooting hundreds/thousands of rounds in relatively short timeframes.

When I let dealers/customers shoot my MPX, it usually has the c-stock on it.  That's just want most want to shoot it with.  But, we're talking a mag at a time, etc.  It's all personal preference, but when my MPX is at home, I have the folder on it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 10:02:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I see.  So is the folding stock more comfortable to shoot or more rigid than the telescoping stock?
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 10:05:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I see.  So is the folding stock more comfortable to shoot or more rigid than the telescoping stock?
View Quote

Just more comfortable for me.  Both stocks are rock solid in their lock-up.  

I also have long arms, thus adding to the comfort factor of the folder, which adds a slightly longer LOP.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 10:09:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for your input.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 10:50:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are these the pictures you're looking for?

This is my preferred setup with the MPX.  I like our collapsible stock, but if you are going to do serious shooting with it, the folder is the way to go.  Also, when folded, the MPX has a shorter profile than with the C-stock fully collapsed.

Any questions, i'll be glad to help where I can.

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac251/coregon/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsolww47po.jpeg

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac251/coregon/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxse3nl1k.jpeg
View Quote

Thanks for the pics.  Based on your pic of the stock folded I'm estimating the length of the stock at 8.5 inches.  Is that correct?

That length corresponds to my LWRC compact stock (with KAK-adapter) opened to the second position, which would be a great length for me. I may end up preferring the folder over the telestock after all.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I went ahead and ordered one.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I was just about to order a KAK adapter and put on an AR stock. Glad I logged in today.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 5:36:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks for the pics.  Based on your pic of the stock folded I'm estimating the length of the stock at 8.5 inches.  Is that correct?

That length corresponds to my LWRC compact stock (with KAK-adapter) opened to the second position, which would be a great length for me. I may end up preferring the folder over the telestock after all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my preferred setup with the MPX.  I like our collapsible stock, but if you are going to do serious shooting with it, the folder is the way to go.  Also, when folded, the MPX has a shorter profile than with the C-stock fully collapsed.

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac251/coregon/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsolww47po.jpeg

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac251/coregon/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxse3nl1k.jpeg

Yeah, it's ~9" from the fold in the knuckle to the rear of the recoil pad.  More like 9.6" from the picatinny section on the rear of the MPX to the rear of the recoil pad.

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 10:47:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I have had a folding stock on order since May.  Trying to figure out why these stocks were put on the website, but my order wasn't filled?  Are they the same folding stock we are waiting on, or is there another design coming?  I ordered one of these anyways.  If I end up with another one, I'll put it on the EE.  I've had an approved Form 1 since June.  Getting tired of not being able to use my gun as an SBR.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:36:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who makes that hand stop?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 9:29:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The one on the bottom?  Or on the side?
The bottom one is a gripstop.  Now made by B5.
The one on the side is the stop that comes with the MPX.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:59:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:25:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#14]
W.. why?
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Whoever paid that much is a jackass. Imagine what a tool he will feel like in a few months when everyone has one for $200.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Whoever paid that much is a jackass. Imagine what a tool he will feel like in a few months when everyone has one for $200.
View Quote

Hopefully the Co that makes the stock for Sig dosent see that listing and gets delusions of grandeur!
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#17]
The folding stock on ebay is now over $400 with 7 days left.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 2:56:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I think if you scratch the paint off it there is solid gold underneath.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 7:18:34 PM EDT
[#19]
sig store is out of stock of the folding stocks now.  didn't last long!
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Folders are out of stock with Sig now, glad i grabbed one. Wonder how many we will see show up for redicilous prices in the next few weeks.

Edit: Beaten by 15 seconds!
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#21]

I'm glad I ordered mine now.  Now maybe I can flip it on eBay for a cool $1,400. ... or not.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Folders are out of stock with Sig now, glad i grabbed one. Wonder how many we will see show up for redicilous prices in the next few weeks.

Edit: Beaten by 15 seconds!
View Quote

I think anyone who tries to flip them on eBay is going to be disappointed.

The first few on eBay sold for around $750. But the last few sold for around $400.

If you sell it on eBay for $400 - $44 eBay final value fee - $16 PayPal fee - $10 shipping fee - $300 original cost of stock = $30 profit.

Not worth a couple hours of my time for 30 bucks.

The telescoping stocks are where the money is.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#23]
One last outing as a pistol with no mag changes.

My mags and folding stock will be here Thursday. I can't wait to see how much faster my target transitions will be with the stock.

https://youtu.be/iVQ1JfqMoig
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 9:23:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ordered mine on Saturday morning and by the afternoon, it was shipped. Should be here by Tuesday.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Ordered mine on Saturday morning and by the afternoon, it was shipped. Should be here by Tuesday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine shipped Saturday as well, and should be here by next next Tuesday! I forgot about the plague on 1st world humanity known as smart-post.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Seeing as how both Sig stocks are out of stock, I decided to order the ZR Tactical Solutions stock. I spoke to Zach on the phone, who was very helpful and gave me a military discount. He said it will ship tomorrow. Has anyone else went this route yet or used one?

https://www.zrtacticalsolutions.com/shop/zrts-firearm-accessories/collapsible-pdw-stock/
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:43:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Seeing as how both Sig stocks are out of stock, I decided to order the ZR Tactical Solutions stock. I spoke to Zach on the phone, who was very helpful and gave me a military discount. He said it will ship tomorrow. Has anyone else went this route yet or used one?

https://www.zrtacticalsolutions.com/shop/zrts-firearm-accessories/collapsible-pdw-stock/
View Quote

You might be the first.  Please report your observations and maybe some pics if you can.  I'm sure many here would appreciate it, me included.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Wilco. I'm still waiting on my Form 1 so I won't be able to install it right away, but I will give some initial impressions and post some close up photos.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 2:16:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Well, I got my Form 1 pending for a minute now...  Anyone ever thought about SBR'ing it and just keeping the sig brace on it to troll?  I mean that and a "Never shoulder, Never forget" shirt would be great...

I also have two collapsibles on order...  but just saying

FA
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Well, I got my Form 1 pending for a minute now...  Anyone ever thought about SBR'ing it and just keeping the sig brace on it to troll?  I mean that and a "Never shoulder, Never forget" shirt would be great...

I also have two collapsibles on order...  but just saying

FA
View Quote

The way I see it, since I'm already using a Sig brace while I'm waiting on F1 approval.  If the stamp comes in before the retractable stock, I'm swapping the brace with a regular buffer tube and stock and throw on a VFG for good measure, since I'd have my approved  stamp on hand and keep on rolling!    I'm the type that "if life gives you lemons, make damn lemonade!"  Pointless to let small details hold you up.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:44:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

ok..i feel like an idiot for asking..

how the hell does the stock collapse?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:51:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not the collapsible stock - this is the side folder (think OEM on the MCX).
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That's not the collapsible stock - this is the side folder (think OEM on the MCX).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

doh..i know..i meant fold..I am looking at one attached to an MPX i just got the form 1 back on and can't figure it out...this is embarrassing.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

doh..i know..i meant fold..I am looking at one attached to an MPX i just got the form 1 back on and can't figure it out...this is embarrassing.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The stock will lift slightly and then fold - if you look at the folder from the side, you'll see a notch - you'll lift the stock out of that notch and fold it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Got confirmation today. My telescoping stock shipped this evening. I ordered 5/20/15
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:19:38 AM EDT
[#36]
that's big news.  I ordered mine on 5/21.  haven't heard anything yet

Edit: shipping notice received on 11/5
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 1:19:39 AM EDT
[#37]
My card was hit today for mine as well. Can't remember the exact date but it was late May.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 2:08:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Got a shipping confirmation, ordered 5/15. I think it's kinda funny, I got a KVAR confirmation on a Scorpion folder today too!
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Just wanted to report that I received my folding stock today from Sig.  Installing it was easy and it locks up very rigid.  It is much more sturdy than I anticipated.  The LOP is surprisingly perfect for me, whereas I once thought it would be too long.  I'll compare it to the telescoping stock when I receive it on Monday.  I may end up keeping the folder after all.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Just wanted to report that I received my folding stock today from Sig.  Installing it was easy and it locks up very rigid.  It is much more sturdy than I anticipated.  The LOP is surprisingly perfect for me, whereas I once thought it would be too long.  I'll compare it to the telescoping stock when I receive it on Monday.  I may end up keeping the folder after all.
View Quote

Meh, keep both  Like I said, if I know i'm going to be shooting all day, I like the side-folder.  But, it's hard to beat the c-stock when it comes to keeping it in a pack in my truck, etc.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#41]
I completely understand that now.  The folder is great.  How the hell do you get the thing to fold though?  I can't seem to lift it up off of the hinge.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:20:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I completely understand that now.  The folder is great.  How the hell do you get the thing to fold though?  I can't seem to lift it up off of the hinge.
View Quote

They're tight at first.  But, after just a couple of manipulations, it will get noticeably easier.  

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 1:18:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Just received my folding stock and installed it in about 30 seconds. It is very well made and rock solid in both the open and closed positions. It reminds me of the folding stock for the FN FAL. My only gripe is that it folds to the left instead of the right. So I can't deploy it quick as I could the folding stock on my MP5K-PDW. At least now my registered SBR is an SBR.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just received my folding stock and installed it in about 30 seconds. It is very well made and rock solid in both the open and closed positions. It reminds me of the folding stock for the FN FAL. My only gripe is that it folds to the left instead of the right. So I can't deploy it quick as I could the folding stock on my MP5K-PDW. At least now my registered SBR is an SBR.
View Quote

I had the same concerns, initially.  But, folding to the left allows the ability to fire from a folded/collapsed position.  Also, it didn't take very many training evolutions before it was just as quickly deployed as I could deploy an MP5.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had to pry up with a screwdriver a couple of times, don't try to force it, I've seen pictures of people who broke theirs. Mine is very very tight as well.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Mine was also very tight.  MAKE SURE YOU GREASE THE CAMMING SURFACES.  The hinge was oily when received, but that was probably preservative oil and had absolutely no lubricating properties.  Grease made it much easier and smoother to open and close.  Mine was so tight I believe I could have damaged it if I had forced it open.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:17:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Mine was also very tight.  MAKE SURE YOU GREASE THE CAMMING SURFACES.  The hinge was oily when received, but that was probably preservative oil and had absolutely no lubricating properties.  Grease made it much easier and smoother to open and close.  Mine was so tight I believe I could have damaged it if I had forced it open.
View Quote

A few drops of oil helped a lot. Just like the folding stock on the FN FALL, you need to find the right point to put your thumb to leverage the hinge up. For me, it is right behind the rear sight.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:08:06 AM EDT
[#48]
I am very impressed with the side folding stock.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 2:03:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Definitely concur with your experience. I was afraid I was going to break it.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 5:02:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The stock will lift slightly and then fold - if you look at the folder from the side, you'll see a notch - you'll lift the stock out of that notch and fold it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

got it thanks...it was pretty damn tight at first, was afraid I'd break it.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top