Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2015 9:35:43 PM EDT
for those of you that can (no pun intended)
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 10:12:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't shot my MPX yet, but I've got the AAC Ti-Rant 9, SilencerCo Octane 9, Gemtech Multimount and the Liberty Infiniti. I like the Infiniti on pistol caliber carbines the most. If I were buying a suppressor for a PCC today, I'd definitely consider the Liberty Mystic for that purpose. Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll have a Griffin Revo on it whenever the ATF decides I can have it....
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:35:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Will run my Octane on mine.  Related question.  Anybody make a 3 lug adapter for the MPX's 13.5x1 threads?
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:47:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm planning on my octane 45. Waiting on money for adapters and such.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:54:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm leaning towards the octane 45 as well.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:57:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I haven't shot my MPX yet, but I've got the AAC Ti-Rant 9, SilencerCo Octane 9, Gemtech Multimount and the Liberty Infiniti. I like the Infiniti on pistol caliber carbines the most. If I were buying a suppressor for a PCC today, I'd definitely consider the Liberty Mystic for that purpose. Good luck.
View Quote

Not sure i want to go 9mm specific, but I've heard good things about the mystic.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 1:24:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I just shot the first 3 rounds through my MPX using a Tirant 45. The spacer came in today. It was real quiet. Sounded like you dropped a phone book. More of a slap than a boom.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 5:51:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
for those of you that can (no pun intended)
View Quote

I run an octane 9 and notice that its a little over gasses.
Sounds great. Going to get the barrel chopped down. I have ran about 3k through it so far.
Tirrant was a edge quieter but only noticed it with a 158.

Although oddly enough the tirrant 45 had = or greater back pressure.

Just to troll those who don't have the build done yet.

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 7:23:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Ti-Rant 9S.

If you're looking for a .45 can, I would give the Ti-Rant 45M a look.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 8:17:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=76263&prev=1

Ti-Rant 9S.

View Quote

Damn the 9s looks awesome on there! Not helping me resist the MPX.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 10:14:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Will run my Octane on mine.  Related question.  Anybody make a 3 lug adapter for the MPX's 13.5x1 threads?
View Quote

Email Mark McWillis at TROS.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 10:18:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don't want to limit yourself to a 9mm can, I've got the Octane 45 and Ti-Rant 45 also, and I like the tone of the Ti-Rant 45 over the Octane 45. I also like the ease of changing out the pistons on the Ti-Rants over the Octanes. Don't get me wrong, the Octane is also a great can. Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Octane 45 with Griffin 3 lug adapter
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ti-Rant 9S.

Going to look even better once I have the 4.5" barrel.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Just a note, people should look at the Griffin Revolution (either 9 or 45). Sound suppression is on par with most others in full size configuration, but you can also use it shortened with a detachable end cap and only lose a few dbs of suppression. Just putting another word out there for a relatively newer suppressor that nobody else was really mentioning.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just a note, people should look at the Griffin Revolution (either 9 or 45). Sound suppression is on par with most others in full size configuration, but you can also use it shortened with a detachable end cap and only lose a few dbs of suppression. Just putting another word out there for a relatively newer suppressor that nobody else was really mentioning.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Octane 45 with Griffin 3 lug adapter
View Quote

You can do that?!?!
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes you can although silencerco might not like it since you are going to lose out on some internal volume from the 3lug mount.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yes you can although silencerco might not like it since you are going to lose out on some internal volume from the 3lug mount.
View Quote

So in turn you will lose out on suppression right? That is the main reason why I had wished I would have got a Rev over the Octane. Not now though. I hate the Octane 3 lug mount. It adds so much length.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 10:54:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So in turn you will lose out on suppression right? That is the main reason why I had wished I would have got a Rev over the Octane. Not now though. I hate the Octane 3 lug mount. It adds so much length.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait. You guys are using the 3 lug mount versus the regular piston and a spacer?
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 11:29:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I thought 147's were suprisingly quiet even with the loss of space due to the Griffin adapter
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 11:52:32 PM EDT
[#22]
SF Ryder 9 when I get both.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 11:54:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote

Do they have a 3 lug out for it? Hopefully it is easy to clean.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 11:58:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be doing direct thread but they are working on a 3 Lug.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 12:55:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Ti-Rant 9S.

View Quote

Looking at your MCX is that the mini 556 or 762?

If its the 556 mini can you use it on that barrel length?
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ti-Rant 9S.

No technically I can not under warranty.  

I've only shot it with my -212 which worked fine, I just put the Mini 556 on there because the 9S and Mini are the same length. I'm sure it would have no problem with the 9" barrel just as the -212 didn't have any issues.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 12:13:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Can I play too? Haven't shot it yet, but using a Gemtech GM-9 on mine..........waiting on the fixed barrel spacer for my suppressor.........sucks I gotta wait on a $15 part to come back in stock before I can fully enjoy my MPX.

20150517_004614 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Tirant 45 with spacer. Looking for a dedicated can that is just as quit, but shorter in length. Remember the MPX uses the 13.5x1 Left hand thread
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 7:53:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Tirant 45 with spacer. Looking for a dedicated can that is just as quit, but shorter in length. Remember the MPX uses the 13.5x1 Left hand thread
View Quote

Found my octane 9 to be quiet.... After getting the barrel chopped to 4.5" it looks like this. Sorry for crappy photo

Pic had edge at end of can cause packing peanuts were from returned barrel were looking like crap.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Found my octane 9 to be quiet.... After getting the barrel chopped to 4.5" it looks like this. Sorry for crappy photo

Pic had edge at end of can cause packing peanuts were from returned barrel were looking like crap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you notice any difference in blowback compared to when it had an 8" barrel? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah109/jayyhusky/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsp6n9uuwr.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah109/jayyhusky/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsp6n9uuwr.jpg

Thanks. Now I'm going to get mine cut down before I even shot the damn thing.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 3:47:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

don't care about how cool it looks (does look good)…I'm concerned on function with 4.5" barrel. The 8" barrel is all thats holding me back
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 7:57:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Will an Osprey .45 fit under the hand guard?  It doesn't look like the threads protrude past the hand guard enough to spin the can on. Would you have to get a short barrel extension to do that?
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:24:08 AM EDT
[#34]
From a users post on sig forum the default threads do not give enough length to clear the handgaurd for an ospery to screw fully on.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Will an Osprey .45 fit under the hand guard?  It doesn't look like the threads protrude past the hand guard enough to spin the can on. Would you have to get a short barrel extension to do that?
View Quote

Just tried attaching a 40 Osprey, no go.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:48:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't really understand why they did that.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:31:49 AM EDT
[#37]
For those with an MPX, is it possible to cut the barrel down, add a can and keep it under the handguards? Or do I need to buy the shorter barrel?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
For those with an MPX, is it possible to cut the barrel down, add a can and keep it under the handguards? Or do I need to buy the shorter barrel?
View Quote

Look at Jaysondiesel and Top_Secret's photo on the MCX/MPX photo thread...
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:18:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes you can. I've done 4" he's done 4.5" they both work.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#40]
I see now, great I'm assuming no other modifications needed to be done?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I see now, great I'm assuming no other modifications needed to be done?
View Quote

None
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top