Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2015 10:08:27 PM EDT
When looking at the MCX's handguard it's pretty easy to think that the front non Keymod hole is a QD mount. Not so much. Put a QD swivel in and you will find it does fit however the locking bearings cant lock into place because the handguard is just a little bit to thick. I contacted Sigs CS thinking they made a machining error only to find out that this hole was not designed as a QD mount at all. It's designed as a recoil lug for their pic rails. Interesting because that's the whole idea behind the Keymod design itself. A pic is worth a 1000 words.

When asked why it wasn't a QD mount, it came down to strength of the handguard. Don't like it but it makes sense.

This is Sigs solution for a QD mount.

Vey very cool. A single slot mounting QD mount. Their testing shows that the rail will fail before this mount.

-M
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:15:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I could use a couple of those single slot QD mounts...Where might I acquire them???
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:09:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Me too. That sling QD point will sell.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:19:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Me too. That sling QD point will sell.
View Quote

I like it. Nice and low profile like the new Frank Proctor Light mount.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:26:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Directly from Sig
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:30:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Directly from Sig
View Quote

Are they taking orders/ready to ship?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#6]
They evidently plan to add one with each new gun going forward. So it might be worth calling CS if you already have an MCX and seeing if they'll send you one ;)

-M
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:33:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Not machining that hole into a QD mount is absolutely stupid. They could have easily achieved both a mount and a unnecessary keymod rail section stop thingy at the same time. Instead they engineer an additional QD mount.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:46:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Agree.

I do understand their concern about strength of the rail as a QD point however considering they feel the rail must hold up to 180lbs of pull and the fact that they want to go after military/police contracs both here and abroad.

This QD mount they made is pretty badass however....

-M
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top