Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We had a 16" model at NRA, too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes they are coming out with a 16" rifle model. They had one on display at Shot Show. It had a 16" barrel with a 3  prong flash hider that was actually part of the barrel. I overheard someone say the barrel was a CA compliant one.

Here is a you tube video and at the end has the 16" version that was on display.

6DQaw6u-5Nc

And at SHOT and NRA in 2013, 2014, and 2015.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes they are coming out with a 16" rifle model. They had one on display at Shot Show. It had a 16" barrel with a 3  prong flash hider that was actually part of the barrel. I overheard someone say the barrel was a CA compliant one.

Here is a you tube video and at the end has the 16" version that was on display.

6DQaw6u-5Nc

Um wrong. I was at the 2014 Shot Show and they had no 16" MPX's on display not even the one that had the muzzle brake and currently being fought over with BATFE.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:28:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Um wrong. I was at the 2014 Shot Show and they had no 16" MPX's on display not even the one that had the muzzle brake and currently being fought over with BATFE.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

6DQaw6u-5Nc

I was basically inferring that Sig advertises a lot of things for a long time before they happen.  You aren't going to argue that point are you?  I think the last time I argued with you in a Sig MPX post you INSISTED that there were 3 years in between The 2013 Shot Show and the 2015 Shot Show.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I was basically inferring that Sig advertises a lot of things for a long time before they happen.  You aren't going to argue that point are you?  I think the last time I argued with you in a Sig MPX post you INSISTED that there were 3 years in between The 2013 Shot Show and the 2015 Shot Show.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

6DQaw6u-5Nc

I totally agree with you on that one. Sig has a bad habbit of this lately.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:28:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be seeing the non PSB version of the MPX on Monday. A local shop is getting them in that day.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:03:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Friend owns the local shop and texted me he got one today so I went and got it. This thing is fucking awesome. Makes me want to get a MXC now. Magazines look nonexistent and super expensive
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:00:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Friend owns the local shop and texted me he got one today so I went and got it. This thing is fucking awesome. Makes me want to get a MXC now. Magazines look nonexistent and super expensive
View Quote

Yeah I'm hoping they can get the mag situation worked out soon. If you like the MPX, the MCX is definitely worth a look. I think it's edged out my SCAR 16 CQC as my favorite 5.56 gun. Going to get another range session in with it this weekend hopefully(also hopefully my stamp will be back before then).
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah I'm hoping they can get the mag situation worked out soon. If you like the MPX, the MCX is definitely worth a look. I think it's edged out my SCAR 16 CQC as my favorite 5.56 gun. Going to get another range session in with it this weekend hopefully(also hopefully my stamp will be back before then).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you had a chance to shoot any 300BO in one?  Didn't know if you bought the kit or not.

If you haven't, and you think you love the MCX now, wait until you can shoot 300BO, suppressed and in an SBR length rifle/pistol.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Have you had a chance to shoot any 300BO in one?  Didn't know if you bought the kit or not.

If you haven't, and you think you love the MCX now, wait until you can shoot 300BO, suppressed and in an SBR length rifle/pistol.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did buy the kit. Need to get some .300BLK subs to shoot through my SF762K. I was very impressed with 5.56 suppressed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:32:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I fucked up on the MCX. I just bought a MR556 and had it sent off to get the barrel reprofiled right before the MCX came out. With the MPX  at least its not doing the same thing as a bunch of other guns I have like the MCX would.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:25:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I wonder how long till we can expect aftermarket handguards.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:35:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I wonder how long till we can expect aftermarket handguards.
View Quote

Or barrels.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:38:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I think I'm on every site's waiting list for 30 rounders. Wondering when rail and stock options will be available.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:52:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think I'm on every site's waiting list for 30 rounders. Wondering when rail and stock options will be available.
View Quote

I heard late summer.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#15]
The sbr stamp will be back before then >.>

First world problems...
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:10:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cabela's advertised MPX mags for $22.49 in December, so I ordered 4...still on backorder and I haven't purchased the MPX yet!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Cabela's advertised MPX mags for $22.49 in December, so I ordered 4...still on backorder and I haven't purchased the MPX yet!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck with that.  I hope they honor that deal, but doubt very seriously that they will.  That's 60% cheaper than even a dealer pays.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Type O for sure. If you have the order # at that price, they may honor it as it was their fault. I am pretty sure Sig pays Lancer more than that for the mags.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Cabela's World's Foremost Outfitter

Thank you for your recent order. We appreciate your shopping at Cabelas.com and hope that you had an enjoyable shopping experience. You will receive another e-mail at the time your order ships.

Products Ordered

4 of 22-9609 SIG SAUER FACTORY MAGAZINES MPX 9MM 30 RD MAG @ $22.49 each
Backorder-Tentative arrival to Cabelas 12/25/14
3 of 22-9609 SIG SAUER FACTORY MAGAZINES 9MM P250C MAG-15 RND @ $22.49 each
Backorder-Tentative arrival to Cabelas 12/25/14
Total

Merchandise = $157.43
Tax = $12.99
ORDER TOTAL = $170.42
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:57:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Latest update...

Cabela's World's Foremost Outfitter

Products Ordered

4 of 03707228 SIG SAUER FACTORY MAGAZINES MPX 9MM 30 RD MAG
Backorder-Tentative arrival to Cabelas 06/03/15
3 of 02738652 SIG SAUER FACTORY MAGAZINES 9MM P250C MAG-15 RND
Backorder
Total

Merchandise = $157.43
Tax = $12.99
ORDER TOTAL = $170.42

*Now that I posted it, they'll probably cancel my order.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:20:46 PM EDT
[#21]
My local dealer got 5 MPX-Ps in today. Picked up one for $1499. I know that is a little higher than some other places, but you pay your dues for  being up front. The  MPX's arrived at 11:30 and were all gone by 1:30. Now i just need to wait for spare magazines, and collapsible stock and approved form 1.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Does anybody know when they will start shipping with the 4.5" barrels?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:47:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Any online retailers with any popped up?  I haven't really seen them anywhere.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#24]
My LGS has one coming in next week. They said I'm the only one that's called. Think I'm going to FO. Price is $1475.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:27:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My LGS has one coming in next week. They said I'm the only one that's called. Think I'm going to FO. Price is $1475.
View Quote

Where?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My local dealer got 5 MPX-Ps in today. Picked up one for $1499. I know that is a little higher than some other places, but you pay your dues for  being up front. The  MPX's arrived at 11:30 and were all gone by 1:30. Now i just need to wait for spare magazines, and collapsible stock and approved form 1.
View Quote

I picked up one up yesterday too, I would imagine at the same place if you're still in AZ.  Went in for a Glock 43 and walked out with their last G43 and MPX.  Form 1 was submitted last night for mine.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I picked up one up yesterday too, I would imagine at the same place if you're still in AZ.  Went in for a Glock 43 and walked out with their last G43 and MPX.  Form 1 was submitted last night for mine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If your dealer is near 48th and Chandler , its the same place. I practically live there
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If your dealer is near 48th and Chandler , its the same place. I practically live there
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup!  Great guys there, I live in N Phoenix so I don't get to venture down that way much but I seem to get lucky when I do.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:49:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Where?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where?

Dixie Gun and Fish. I think their normal price is 1550. I put money done on it today. They told me they think it's going to be in on Monday.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:54:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Anyone offering former military discounts?  Whats the pricing?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quick questions: Why are people interested in the 8" and 16" versions of the MPX given that you can buy an 8" 300 blk out that is basically just as quite with a can and has more knock down power?  I can understand the 4.5" version,especially if you buy and 8" rail and run a silencer under it.  Now that would be an awesome HD weapon.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quick questions: Why are people interested in the 8" and 16" versions of the MPX given that you can buy an 8" 300 blk out that is basically just as quite with a can and has more knock down power?  I can understand the 4.5" version,especially if you buy and 8" rail and run a silencer under it.  Now that would be an awesome HD weapon.
View Quote

Because 9mm is cheap, and .300blk is expensive, especially subs.
I have an 8" suppressed .300blk, and if killing things quietly was my primary objective then I would grab it, but it's too expensive to feed as a range blaster or high volume trainer.

And you said "knock down power" so any theory you may pose after that is invalid by default.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I have an 8" suppressed .300blk, and if killing things quietly was my primary objective then I would grab it, but it's too expensive to feed as a range blaster or high volume trainer.

And you said "knock down power" so any theory you may pose after that is invalid by default.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get the cheap ammo/trainer theory.  But if that is the case, why not build a 22 and train with it.  Also, not sure I understand "And you said "knock down power" so any theory you may pose after that is invalid by default"
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Anyone offering former military discounts?  Whats the pricing?
View Quote

I picked one up from Osage County Guns for $1319.00 under the LE/Military program. On their Facebook Page they said they received 5 and all of them sold in 70 minutes after listing them. I was going to buy one at $1700 until I just happened to see 2 listed under the LE/Military sales listing.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, 9mm would be cool, a good training caliber, etc; but I'm out until more mags and 40S&W actually happens.

But the price difference between 9mm and 40S&W for even training is like $30 per 1000rds. Not sure what I'd do... buy set of mags for both and train with 9mm, or just use 40SW...

Anyone know any dates for caliber conversions to come out?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I get the cheap ammo/trainer theory.  But if that is the case, why not build a 22 and train with it.  Also, not sure I understand "And you said "knock down power" so any theory you may pose after that is invalid by default"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My point was that the only thing any pistol or medium rifle caliber does is poke holes of various size and shape.
"Knock down power" is an old, overused term that doesn't apply to anything short of things like anti-materiel rifles.

Basically, if it doesn't knock you down when you fire it, it's not going to knock down the guy you're shooting.

Hollywood has perpetuated the impression of "knock down power" with people getting blown back 10ft by a handgun bullet...

Arfcom tends to make poke fun at those who use the term trying to compare calibers...
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:02:36 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Well, 9mm would be cool, a good training caliber, etc; but I'm out until more mags and 40S&W actually happens.

But the price difference between 9mm and 40S&W for even training is like $30 per 1000rds. Not sure what I'd do... buy set of mags for both and train with 9mm, or just use 40SW...

Anyone know any dates for caliber conversions to come out?
View Quote

So you consider 9mm a training caliber but .40 worthy of duty use?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

My point was that the only thing any pistol or medium rifle caliber does is poke holes of various size and shape.
"Knock down power" is an old, overused term that doesn't apply to anything short of things like anti-materiel rifles.

Basically, if it doesn't knock you down when you fire it, it's not going to knock down the guy you're shooting.

Hollywood has perpetuated the impression of "knock down power" with people getting blown back 10ft by a handgun bullet...

Arfcom tends to make poke fun at those who use the term trying to compare calibers...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I now know to stay away from that term. But I still dont know why folks are so interested in the an 8" and 16" 9MM.  If it is for training, a 22 LR is a much cheaper option. If it is for actual use for anything outside of your house, there are other options that are much better in my opinion.  Anyway, i really want a 4.5" and cant wait until they release it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Thanks, I now know to stay away from that term. But I still dont know why folks are so interested in the an 8" and 16" 9MM.  If it is for training, a 22 LR is a much cheaper option. If it is for actual use for anything outside of your house, there are other options that are much better in my opinion.  Anyway, i really want a 4.5" and cant wait until they release it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because this is an amazing platform for a sbr that one plans to run suppressed on a pistol range. All it needs is the 4.5" barrel swap out and its an instant winner.

Also I have several .22's while suppressing them yields low noise the increased back pressure and general dirty ness of the round prohibits long range sessions. That and 147,158 9mm rounds are easy to find. Additionally this things a cross between and ar15 and mp5... Plus ambi controls which as a lefty I enjoy full benefits of that implementation.

Edit: if money was truly something someone cared about they would never buy a gun thats 10x the cost of a 10/22. Just saying using cost associated with the price of ammo is laughable when the base price of the gun is so much higher. By the time this guy is done it will have almost 2.2k into it.  
There are people who buy guns just for range toys you know...

I don't think anyone buying this is planning to be in a close quarters room clearing mission with there COD squad. This thing is completely unpractical for defensive purposes.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:11:49 AM EDT
[#40]

"Because this is an amazing platform for a sbr that one plans to run suppressed on a pistol range. All it needs is the 4.5" barrel swap out and its an instant winner."

Agree, I am sure I will own a more of them than I should myself when it is all said and done.  Just not sure why people are paying $400 over sticker.  But I guess that all shakes out to people paying anything for the latest/greatest.  Either way, really more of just an observation.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:02:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

"Because this is an amazing platform for a sbr that one plans to run suppressed on a pistol range. All it needs is the 4.5" barrel swap out and its an instant winner."

Agree, I am sure I will own a more of them than I should myself when it is all said and done.  Just not sure why people are paying $400 over sticker.  But I guess that all shakes out to people paying anything for the latest/greatest.  Either way, really more of just an observation.
View Quote

I'll bet it's the usual mania when something cool is released, with additional pressure from the looming threat of 41P going into effect soon.  People want to get the Form 1 filed to SBR the MPX before the trust option is essentially blocked for them.  I had intended to buy an MPX immediately for exactly that reason, but I can only find them on Gun Broker and can't bring myself to commit to the current $1800 market price.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:42:19 PM EDT
[#42]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk12JHf_C2o

Any comments on this? I haven't shot mine yet but this is the first problem report I have heard. Just want to share for some user feedback.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:05:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk12JHf_C2o

Any comments on this? I haven't shot mine yet but this is the first problem report I have heard. Just want to share for some user feedback.
View Quote

If its a pin related issue, thats honestly very fixable with a set of anti-walk pins.  Unfortunately Sig should absolutely fix this issue or send out sets of anti-walk pins.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#44]
The pins sig ships with only have a single groove in them. One in center other on side. Just need to swap pins around
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:39:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Made hot.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:52:43 AM EDT
[#46]
I fired over 400 rounds today in my MPX and not 1 malfunction to report. The trigger and hammer pins did not walk out like on the video. The only thing I noticed that this thing sure does get dirty and takes forever to clean. Also when I first picked it up, it was dirty as hell form the factory. Looked like they tested 100 rounds through mine and didn't bother cleaning it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:33:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I fired over 400 rounds today in my MPX and not 1 malfunction to report. The trigger and hammer pins did not walk out like on the video. The only thing I noticed that this thing sure does get dirty and takes forever to clean. Also when I first picked it up, it was dirty as hell form the factory. Looked like they tested 100 rounds through mine and didn't bother cleaning it.
View Quote

This!

I found removing the barrel allows for a 308 cleaning brush to go down the spring groves and a 20 gauge to go down the charging handle path.

Also mine had an extractor issue which was caused by a piece of copper flake that got wedged under the claw... Toothpick and then flawless. I found the mpx started have fte and ftfeed around the 1600 round mark suppressed which did not help the buildup of crap. I'm guessing most don't run 2k plus round through it though in a day. I noticed that if you bump the mag after its loaded from behind it lines up the bullets better than it was loaded which helped get the last 400 rounds through it with about 1 screw up ever 3 mag.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:43:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Made hot.

http://Mk12JHf_C2o
View Quote

Could just be that the spring didn't land in the pin groove when they installed the trigger group. Mine are getting removed with Geissele pins immediately, so I doubt I'll run into the same issue.

ETA: I see jbkester is indicating that the pins were likely put in the wrong since they only have one groove.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#49]
I was planning on swapping out the trigger with a geissele as well, but it looks like there is some kind of bar between the sear and hammer. I wonder if it's compatible with a geissele, and if it should be reinstalled? I'm by no means a trigger expert so input would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:03:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I was planning on swapping out the trigger with a geissele as well, but it looks like there is some kind of bar between the sear and hammer. I wonder if it's compatible with a geissele, and if it should be reinstalled? I'm by no means a trigger expert so input would be appreciated.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m280/italmafia1/MPX3_zpsryufdpzy.jpg
View Quote

Is that bar solid or is it spring loaded? It looks like the back of the hammer would sit on it based on the wear marks. Wild guess, but I would bet it has something to do with the timing of the disconnector linking with the hammer.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top