Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pic showed and shows for me in FireFox.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
(I finally received my approved form 1 for my MPX). Did the pic not show up of something?

Pic showed and shows for me in FireFox.

Thanks for the update. I changed the image URL in the original post.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:59:46 AM EDT
[#2]

What sights are those? They look great
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:09:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks! HK416 BUIS.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:54:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey guys. Who's got the best price on a mpx?  Didn't want to get one. But the k config is just too awesome.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:28:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Capital armory was around $1300 shipped I think. Haven't bought from them but they get great reviews.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Capital armory was around $1300 shipped I think. Haven't bought from them but they get great reviews.
View Quote

I got a dead air ghost from them at the beginning of the year. Anyone got any discount codes for them?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Anybody using the telescoping folder on their MPX? I have the kate moss and tele stock but I kinda think I might prefer this one as it has better cheek weld and adjustment. Just wanting to see what this setup looks like and if people are liking it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anybody using the telescoping folder on their MPX? I have the kate moss and tele stock but I kinda think I might prefer this one as it has better cheek weld and adjustment. Just wanting to see what this setup looks like and if people are liking it.
View Quote

I believe DSully does and mentioned he likes that one a lot
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I just ordered one from Buds. $1251 if you "make an offer". Everyone seems to love this gun. The "K" config is too cool to resist. I'll probably get the gun, file a form 1, They either have the barrel cut or sell the upper and buy a "K" upper. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go cry about the fact I have almost no money left.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:27:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you end up wanting to part with your tele, let me know.
Have a two month old order placed with optics planet and nothing as of yet.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:12:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just ordered from OP a week ago.  I thought they were in stock.  Now I'm back ordered too.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#12]
That's what I thought too...sucks balls.
Told me it's first come, first serve, when they get a shipment.
No telling where I'm at on the list.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Does anyone know of any aftermarket mags coming to market soon? ETS would probably make a small fortune if they brought the mags to market similarly priced to their AR/Glock mags.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Does anyone know of any aftermarket mags coming to market soon? ETS would probably make a small fortune if they brought the mags to market similarly priced to their AR/Glock mags.
View Quote

I sent ETS Group a FB message, they said they have no plans at this time to make MPX mags.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:32:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Just installed the Sig KeyMod Handstop. It's kind of small.

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 3:08:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I've been wondering about the Sig grip. Thanks for the heads up about being small, not ideal for me. Do you have any other vertical grips to compare it too?

Toyz
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 4:10:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I've been wondering about the Sig grip. Thanks for the heads up about being small, not ideal for me. Do you have any other vertical grips to compare it too?

Toyz
View Quote

I have TangoDown/Larue/BCM/Magpul/KAC VFGs to compare it to. Sig really screwed the pooch on this one.

For reference, I can palm a basketball (barely). This thing feels like the handle on a teacup.

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Here it is compared to a TD Stubby and a BCM Vertical Grip Mod 3:

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 11:30:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Does anybody know when we can buy a complete Sig MPX-K? I'm getting desperate enough to buy the full size and cut... but not if it comes out like next month.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Does anybody know when we can buy a complete Sig MPX-K? I'm getting desperate enough to buy the full size and cut... but not if it comes out like next month.
View Quote

Dealer had a guy order a factory K SBR a few months ago and it had already come in on a form 3. Haven't heard anything about k pistols. Was told the K length rail and barrels should be shipping around the end of this month.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#21]
My MPX is going to arrive at my dealer on Monday. Aside from a super long wait on the ATF's website. What else am I in for?
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:28:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

My MPX is going to arrive at my dealer on Monday. Aside from a super long wait on the ATF's website. What else am I in for?
View Quote
Barrel cut (to 4.5"), muzzle device, weapon light, finding the old model of telestock, hording mags, finding replacement BUIS, replacing trigger, replacing grip, finding the right optic/mount combo (that works best for you). You'll can stay busy until your stamp comes back approved.

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:38:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Register on sigs website, get your 20% off coupon. Call Sig CS and order as many gen 2 3-mag packs as you want, the K grip and the K length keymod handguard, plus whatever else you want and get 20% off whole order. Assuming you're chopping the barrel I would run it a bit as is to make sure no issues then send barrel to ADCO for cut and thread. If not chipping then ignore inclusion of K parts in order.

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 10:16:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Register on sigs website, get your 20% off coupon. Call Sig CS and order as many gen 2 3-mag packs as you want, the K grip and the K length keymod handguard, plus whatever else you want and get 20% off whole order. Assuming you're chopping the barrel I would run it a bit as is to make sure no issues then send barrel to ADCO for cut and thread. If not chipping then ignore inclusion of K parts in order.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope I'll be chopping away. How much would the "K" hand guard run me?
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 8:03:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$103.20 after discount. Not bad and would let you still use the factory long one of you ever wanted a suppressor partially covered by the rail.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

$103.20 after discount. Not bad and would let you still use the factory long one of you ever wanted a suppressor partially covered by the rail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn! I was expecting it to be alot more. Good deal.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#27]
I picked up my mpx yesterday. Cool gun.
Does anyone have confirmed info for a Form 1? I'd appreciate it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I picked up my mpx yesterday. Cool gun.

Does anyone have confirmed info for a Form 1? I'd appreciate it.
View Quote

My approved eForm 1 (Trust). I calculated length for a 4.5" barrel coupled with a telescoping stock. Make sure everything circled in red is filled out correctly.

Link Posted: 7/12/2016 1:45:10 PM EDT
[#29]
My 1st attempt got disapproved because I had it as "MPX" had to resubmit as "Sig MPX". The reasoning given by the examiner was it's stamped "Sig MPX" on the receiver making "Sig MPX" the Model. Just my $.02.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

My 1st attempt got disapproved because I had it as "MPX" had to resubmit as "Sig MPX". The reasoning given by the examiner was it's stamped "Sig MPX" on the receiver making "Sig MPX" the Model. Just my $.02.
View Quote

That said,  there is a stamp on the upper right hand portion of my form.

The examiners appear not have a concise grasp of the information they are requesting. You can find genuine conflicting stories all over the Internet with regards to data entry requirements for filling out NFA paperwork.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 8:32:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes, definitely up to the individual examiner. For example...mine was approved with the following, definitely incorrect, version... "MPX-P-9" My attorney that set up my trust walked me through submitting that way, afterwards I read about the correct way,  and I was just waiting for the disapproval. Surprisingly, I was instead greeted with an approval. Clear as mud!
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I came in here to ask about that, I heard someone in GD say the same thing. And since e-forms is down, I'll have to resubmit under the new rules and that sucks a lot. I hope my examiner is being nice that day.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 6:01:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I came in here to ask about that, I heard someone in GD say the same thing. And since e-forms is down, I'll have to resubmit under the new rules and that sucks a lot. I hope my examiner is being nice that day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd like love to hear what is going on with some examiners rejecting just MPX and some approving.  I have both seen a lot rejected and approved.  It shouldn't be just your luck on who it goes to.  Personally, I had to send mine back with it changed to SIG MPX.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:02:20 AM EDT
[#34]
I put "Sig Sauer Inc. Exeter, NH". / "Sig MPX"
I had to mail the forms before I could get a response. I figured it's my best best because that's whats written on the receiver.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'd like love to hear what is going on with some examiners rejecting just MPX and some approving.  I have both seen a lot rejected and approved.  It shouldn't be just your luck on who it goes to.  Personally, I had to send mine back with it changed to SIG MPX.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting ... I know eForms had "MPX" as a valid model name, don't know about "Sig MPX" or "SIG MPX" and since eForms is down (for the count?) I can't go back and look.  Would be really crappy (although not shocking) to have eForms with an "invalid" model name!
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:38:31 AM EDT
[#36]
"SIG MPX" is the model.  Period.  End of story.

An examiner recently issued a stamp for a newly registered machine gun.  They are clearly prone to mistakes.  If you put down "MPX" and got approved, you got lucky.

The models available in the drop down on e-forms are not always accurate.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 12:06:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Never mind
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 5:31:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

An examiner recently issued a stamp for a newly registered machine gun.  They are clearly prone to mistakes.  If you put down "MPX" and got approved, you got lucky.

View Quote

Fuck....that sucks. I put MPX.

And now with 41F in effect I'm going to have to resubmit under new rules. Fuck.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 11:10:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best bet is to always out what is on the receiver.  That is the point of reference not the eforms site.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 12:01:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well there is hope.   My form 1 came back TODAY, and I had put "MPX" back in February.   Of course its the gov't and YMMV.

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 12:15:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Rainier Arms Form 2'd my MPX and transferred it to me on a Form 4.  Rainier Arms used "MPX" in box "d. Model" and the paper Form 4 was approved back on Feb 2016.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 12:50:12 PM EDT
[#42]
My approval in April or May was also just MPX.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#43]
My approval last year was just MPX.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 6:40:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Hopefully they are also still approving with "Sig MPX"
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:17:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Man, whole lot of people proving this definitive expert wrong.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Hopefully they are also still approving with "Sig MPX"
View Quote

I don't see why the wouldn't. If Sig MPX is stamped on the receiver (which it was in my case) it should be approved......but then again this is the atf.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:15:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Now I'm kind of hoping they deny it. I bought the stuff to mount a buffer tube on the mpx and plan on using a kak shockwave brace. Might be better to just leave it as a pistol so I can take it where I want. And it'll save me $200.

Anyone ever cancel an efile form 1?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Now I'm kind of hoping they deny it. I bought the stuff to mount a buffer tube on the mpx and plan on using a kak shockwave brace. Might be better to just leave it as a pistol so I can take it where I want. And it'll save me $200.

View Quote

I've heard you can, not sure how though. I've also heard you can get a refund for an approved stamp.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I've heard you can, not sure how though. I've also heard you can get a refund for an approved stamp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe if I just commit a federal crime they'll deny it

Kidding, off to the the nfa section.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 3:44:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are you seeing these parts and prices? Ive looked all over the Sig site and don't see anything but stocks for the MPX. Id like to pick up a K model rail and have my barrel shortened.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top