Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#1]
If anyone knows, is the safety and the pistol grip of the AR-15 variety?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. Any AR grip/Safety should work.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shiny.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder how good the new Tac Con trigger would work on the MPX. I think one would need lots of ammo for that trigger set up.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wonder how good the new Tac Con trigger would work on the MPX. I think one would need lots of ammo for that trigger set up.
View Quote

Well by the mountable stock design.., if you SBR this pistol and add a slide fire stock. It should be easy to run like the select fire milt versions. Slide fire should be able to make a stock for this configuration without much trouble. Granted since its such a limited market I doubt they will.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a S3G to put in mine. Got a tracking number today.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#7]
So Sig offers a factory SBR version of the MPX? Or that is just a LE/Military option?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So Sig offers a factory SBR version of the MPX? Or that is just a LE/Military option?
View Quote

If the state you live in allows SBR's anyone can purchase one with the proper BATFE paperwork.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:19:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Got mine today!

Already changing stuff and have not even shot it yet.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:07:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Does that RMR co-witness with that mount?

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Not sure if this is allowed or not but I saw there are 2 in stock right now at http://www.deguns.net/sig-mpx-p-pistol-p/mpx-p-9-psb.htm  A little pricey for me so I'm going to continue to wait.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 2:32:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Got mine.

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Can someone give us an ID measurement of the handguards for can clearance.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sig lists the OD of the Sig-SD 9 can(that they have been displaying frequently on the MPX) as 1.4".

https://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/aboutus/news/Silencer%20PRV2.pdf

My Ti-Rant 9S is 1.38" so it sounds like it will work.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sig lists the OD of the Sig-SD 9 can(that they have been displaying frequently on the MPX) as 1.4".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I measured with a tape.  All I have in my office, and it looks like 3/4" from center of bore to bottom and sides.

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 3:59:52 PM EDT
[#16]
You guys need to get out and shoot these things, pronto.  Then report back and let us know how they run.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Ill post my octane 9's exp with 115,147,158's... And report back next week. Anyone want barrel pics. I plan to take mine apart tomorrow. Name it and I'll snap a photo with measurements and such.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes, it is an absolute co-witness
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#19]
I just picked mine up. Kind of pissed that it only came with 1 mag.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:14:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

At least the extras are cheap and available.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly! I wouldn't mind if i could order an extra or two, but at the price of these things you would think 2 mags would be a given. Keep the POS plastic case and give me a second mag! /rant
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:32:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Take it back.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You guys need to get out and shoot these things, pronto.  Then report back and let us know how they run.
View Quote

I put 10 rounds through mine tonight. I'll try it with the Ti-Rant tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please post a pic with the Tirant 9 attached.  I am going to have the same set up.  Also, where did you pick up the Tirant Fixed Barrel Spacer and ASAP Replacement Piston M13.5 x 1 LH?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:06:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Please post a pic with the Tirant 9 attached.  I am going to have the same set up.  Also, where did you pick up the Tirant Fixed Barrel Spacer and ASAP Replacement Piston M13.5 x 1 LH?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't speak for akethan, but I got my Spacer and Piston from SilencerShop.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:59:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I picked up mine today, the model with the folding pistol arm brace.  Now for the real question:  Can I replace the arm brace itself with a standard buffer tube and still use the factory folder?  Or will I have to buy an entirely new stock and new folding contraption?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 12:08:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I picked up mine today, the model with the folding pistol arm brace.  Now for the real question:  Can I replace the arm brace itself with a standard buffer tube and still use the factory folder?  Or will I have to buy an entirely new stock and new folding contraption?
View Quote

You change that folding arm brace stock in anyway, you better have a SBR tax stamp for your MPX or your going to find yourself in some trouble.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 12:45:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You change that folding arm brace stock in anyway, you better have a SBR tax stamp for your MPX or your going to find yourself in some trouble.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't my first rodeo with NFA.  A form 1 for this weapon is undoubtedly in my future.

My query is more specific:  Can I salvage the folding portion of the brace by attaching a standard buffer tube?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:27:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I am about to graduate from residency and be a full fledged doctor so I think I earned this.
View Quote

Congratulations on the hard work!
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 5:14:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This isn't my first rodeo with NFA.  A form 1 for this weapon is undoubtedly in my future.

My query is more specific:  Can I salvage the folding portion of the brace by attaching a standard buffer tube?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I can tell without removing the tube it would appear to be threaded the same. So tentatively I will say yes. I will let you know when my form one comes back in a few months and I try it.

Anyone else feel that the use of the same rail between the top and back is asking for the ATF to go butt hurt?
I mean I could mount a shoulder stock on the top rail. Does that makes an sbr even though its a 90 degree angle from the shoulder?
Anyways ill pic the buffer tube next week after a range trip when I take it apart.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:04:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it's standard buffer tube threads.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:20:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:42:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
MSRP $1378...less than originally quoted.  This might be a play at taking back the market share that CZ took.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
MSRP $1378...less than originally quoted.  This might be a play at taking back the market share that CZ took.

Quoted:
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/03/foghorn/now-shipping-sig-sauer-mpx/

Looks like its finally being released

Link to First Review

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/03/foghorn/gun-review-sig-sauer-mpx-pistol/

Dealer cost on the pistol version is $1319, a dealer would be hard pressed to sell the pistol at $1378 and stay in business. I'd think the rifle would cost more, but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:15:32 PM EDT
[#34]
I can tell you that the Octane 45 fits inside the rail with plenty of clearance.

1 11/16 inch inside diameter so 1.6875 inch at what I would consider the narrowest width
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did too. I have a 9mm Lonewolf as well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Just picked mine up. Got the octane 9 and piston too. Looks like it can easily fit. Cant wait for the shorter barrel. Now the question is how to fill out the Form 1 for an SBR. If anybody can share what specs they are putting for OAL I would appreciate it. Also any leads on mags yet?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Just picked mine up. Got the octane 9 and piston too. Looks like it can easily fit. Cant wait for the shorter barrel. Now the question is how to fill out the Form 1 for an SBR. If anybody can share what specs they are putting for OAL I would appreciate it. Also any leads on mags yet?
View Quote

I was going to use the dimensions from here.

http://www.sigevolution.com/sigmpx
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#38]
I''m waiting to submit my form 1 until I have confirmation on what to use for manufacturer name and model. I know it sounds idiotic, but what eforms has as the manufacturer and what the receiver is engraved are two different things...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_51/444573_Sig_MPX_Form_1_question___PICS_ADDED_.html
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks for info. Im trying to decide if I want to go ahead and get a trust set and use the Efile so I can have my stamp potential in 2 months vs the individual route I have been using that has been running 8 months again. I don't want to wait that long to SBR this thing.:)
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:27:51 PM EDT
[#40]
I just bit the bullet on an MPX. Price was 1449.00 plus tax, so I thought that was a fair price.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:28:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Just submitted my Eform.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I just bit the bullet on an MPX. Price was 1449.00 plus tax, so I thought that was a fair price.
View Quote

10 percent over dealer cost is excellent.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:11:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought my MPX PSB (MPX with folding sig brace) for $1,479.  I thought it was a fair price given what the asking prices were online at the time.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#44]
I am looking forward to the non NFA version SIG is supposed to come out with
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:24:56 PM EDT
[#45]
The psb isn't NFA.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:27:59 PM EDT
[#46]
The one I am referring to is the carbine w/ 16 inch barrel...........I found a pic of it on the SIG forum

Quoted:
The psb isn't NFA.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:46:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The one I am referring to is the carbine w/ 16 inch barrel...........I found a pic of it on the SIG forum

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
The psb isn't NFA.

Are you talking about the mpx-c one with the suppressor baffle  break that the ATF ruled against ?

Or
Are you talking about the CAD drawing of the 16" barreled version of the pistol?  If your talking about the cad drawing it was never confirmed of denied if that was ever intended to be made.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#48]
The CAD drawing.............supposedly they are still market testing/researching it from what I have read...........hopefully they will come out with it. I cant see why they wouldn't offer something like that

Quoted:

Are you talking about the mpx-c one with the suppressor baffle  break that the ATF ruled against ?

Or
Are you talking about the CAD drawing of the 16" barreled version of the pistol?  If your talking about the cad drawing it was never confirmed of denied if that was ever intended to be made.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
The psb isn't NFA.

Or

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:03:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Yes they are coming out with a 16" rifle model. They had one on display at Shot Show. It had a 16" barrel with a 3  prong flash hider that was actually part of the barrel. I overheard someone say the barrel was a CA compliant one.

Here is a you tube video and at the end has the 16" version that was on display.

6DQaw6u-5Nc
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:00:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yes they are coming out with a 16" rifle model. They had one on display at Shot Show. It had a 16" barrel with a 3  prong flash hider that was actually part of the barrel. I overheard someone say the barrel was a CA compliant one.

Here is a you tube video and at the end has the 16" version that was on display.

6DQaw6u-5Nc
View Quote

We had a 16" model at NRA, too.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top