User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That I did not ask but should have.
He did say just send in the whole upper so I would assume.
View Quote

Hmmmm, they gonna swap out my stack of Gen1 magazines?  Not sure what's involved in a Gen2 swap - follower? body and follower?  Gonna be more complicated with my blocked-to-15rd mags and Kolorado too I suspect
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:51:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Two of them were bickering back and forth on mag compatibility.
what I deciphered was the gen2 mags won't work in gen 1 upper but the gen1 mags will work in gen2 upper.
For how much shit that has been going around, you would've thought they would have their shit together.
After handling a bunch of zeniths gear I'm kinda regretting going with sig.
Some actual communication with the customers would go a long way.

I'm form 1 committed so I'll make it work.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 1:14:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
what I deciphered was the gen2 mags won't work in gen 1 upper but the gen1 mags will work in gen2 upper.
For how much shit that has been going around, you would've thought they would have their shit together.

View Quote

The rumblings I heard were the same as you stated but many people are reporting Gen 2 mags work fine in the Gen 1.

I
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The rumblings I heard were the same as you stated but many people are reporting Gen 2 mags work fine in the Gen 1.

I
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I

Buddy picked up a Gen2 and some Gen1 mags - only feed issues he had were with the Gen1 mags.... YMMV of course.  SIG video says match gens for best reliability or some other such mealy-mouthedness.

I will say I've been telling everyone I see about how poorly SIG has treated Gen1 owners - if they truly will do a no-cost upgrade to Gen2 parts, that will satisfy me and salvage their reputation.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Buddy picked up a Gen2 and some Gen1 mags - only feed issues he had were with the Gen1 mags.... YMMV of course.  SIG video says match gens for best reliability or some other such mealy-mouthedness.

I will say I've been telling everyone I see about how poorly SIG has treated Gen1 owners - if they truly will do a no-cost upgrade to Gen2 parts, that will satisfy me and salvage their reputation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I

The only thing they will do for Gen 1 owners is to be able to buy a complete Gen 2 upper at the cost of a barrel caliber conversion kit and it can only be in 40 or 357 Sig. You will not be able to get a Gen 2 upper in 9mm unless you pay the full cost.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:58:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm just relaying what they told me. However they never specified caliber.
Pretty sure it was Tony Caspers I was talking to along with a taller fellow.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:45:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The only thing they will do for Gen 1 owners is to be able to buy a complete Gen 2 upper at the cost of a barrel caliber conversion kit and it can only be in 40 or 357 Sig. You will not be able to get a Gen 2 upper in 9mm unless you pay the full cost.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I

That's all I've seen officially, but perhaps you missed what kicked off this sub-thread:
Quoted:
Talked to the sig guys at the NRA and they said gen1 uppers can be upgraded at no cost....just send it in.
Not sure if this has been covered yet, I remember there was talk.
Just passing info along.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 6:07:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I really think this is the best deal going...  Hear me out:

1) You have same gen upper and mags in 9mm.  You are as good to go as you will get here.  Everything should work great.
2) You have a whole separate upper in a different caliber.  You buy the correct mags for the caliber which you would have had to anyhow.

Here are the advantages to this set-up in my eyes:
1) Instead of a tearing down the handguard, barrel and bolt set-up you simply swap uppers with a push of 2 pins and grab your other mags.  I've had an LMT MRP for years and I have 3 different barrels for it - I hardly take the time to swap - it is almost strictly a 5.56 gun.
2) If you get a Gen 2 9mm conversion now you have to start your mag collection all over again to ensure proper operation.  Now you have two semi-incompatible 9mm mags to keep straight by color of the follower alone.

How far off am I?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:52:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

1) You have same gen upper and mags in 9mm.  You are as good to go as you will get here.  Everything should work great.
2) You have a whole separate upper in a different caliber.  You buy the correct mags for the caliber which you would have had to anyhow.

1) Instead of a tearing down the handguard, barrel and bolt set-up you simply swap uppers with a push of 2 pins and grab your other mags.  I've had an LMT MRP for years and I have 3 different barrels for it - I hardly take the time to swap - it is almost strictly a 5.56 gun.
2) If you get a Gen 2 9mm conversion now you have to start your mag collection all over again to ensure proper operation.  Now you have two semi-incompatible 9mm mags to keep straight by color of the follower alone.

How far off am I?
View Quote

I'm one of those unhappy campers - here's why:

1) All my subgun suppressors are in 9mm
2) I've 3-lugged all of my subguns/PCCs
3) My reloading setup is for 9mm subs. I have plenty of powder and bullets. I don't want to tune another recipe and load up on .40 call bullets as I have long since divested myself of the caliber.
4) Less than zero interest in .357 SIG

I was hoping to be able to pick up a Gen 2 upper in a 9mm K config and leave my Gen 1 upper the way it is and not have to chop the barrel and handguard..
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:10:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How far off am I?
View Quote

Well, you presume the owner wants another caliber.  I want the modular expandable 9mm gun I was promised, not an orphan.

Paying another $$$ to get what I was sold originally sucks.

Swapping my Gen1 stuff for Gen2 at $0 would satisfy me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:07:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Sig is NOT going to exchange Gen 1 uppers for Gen 2 uppers, not going to happen.  Best you're going to get is buying a complete 40 or 357 sig upper at the cost of a barrel exchange kit. Most of those Sig reps that work the shows like SHOT and NRA don't know crap. Call Sig CS and ask for yourself.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:10:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

3) My reloading setup is for 9mm subs. I have plenty of powder and bullets. I don't want to tune another recipe and load up on .40 call bullets as I have long since divested myself of the caliber.

I was hoping to be able to pick up a Gen 2 upper in a 9mm K config and leave my Gen 1 upper the way it is and not have to chop the barrel and handguard..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How far off am I?

Yeah...  you're going to have issues with what you want to do...  Maybe you could get the .40/.357 upper and trade the guts for 9mm.  What is your plan for mags - buy the Gen 2 to make sure you have 100% compatibility?

To me the only "advantage" you get with .40/.357 is it typically is more available when the ammo panics hit - but you pay more per round regardless of when you buy it.  

Quoted:
Sig is NOT going to exchange Gen 1 uppers for Gen 2 uppers, not going to happen.  Best you're going to get is buying a complete 40 or 357 sig upper at the cost of a barrel exchange kit. Most of those Sig reps that work the shows like SHOT and NRA don't know crap. Call Sig CS and ask for yourself.

Do this, then sell or trade the .40/.357 barrel/bolt for a 9mm version.  Not that the .40 or .357 are even available anyhow.  If they did a 10mm I'd be in immediately.  If I'm paying big dollars for .357 Sig I might as well pay about the same for a 10mm!
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#13]
I just got word that mine will be here Thursday or Friday.

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 11:07:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

What did you order?
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 12:01:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What did you order?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did you order?

MPX pistol gen2 no brace.

MPX-P-9-KM
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 12:33:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Yeah...  you're going to have issues with what you want to do...  Maybe you could get the .40/.357 upper and trade the guts for 9mm.  What is your plan for mags - buy the Gen 2 to make sure you have 100% compatibility?

To me the only "advantage" you get with .40/.357 is it typically is more available when the ammo panics hit - but you pay more per round regardless of when you buy it.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure what I'll eventually do but at this time, I'm pretty much settling on what I have and not investing in the MPX platform anymore. I recently picked up a Zenith/MKE Z-5RS and Z-5P. I'll be SBRing them and enjoying them.

Hopefully when I get back to my MPX, Sig will have sorted all of this stuff out.

Link Posted: 6/2/2016 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Is the Griffin Armament 3-lug adapter the best/only choice for the tapered barrel?

Or are most getting the barrel shortened and re-threaded to either a 1/2x28 or 13.5x1mm LH with a traditional shoulder?

Need to make a decision on mine quickly for mount selection. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Is the Griffin Armament 3-lug adapter the best/only choice for the tapered barrel?

Or are most getting the barrel shortened and re-threaded to either a 1/2x28 or 13.5x1mm LH with a traditional shoulder?

View Quote

Yes, I feel it is the best option for the non-altered Sig barrel. If you cut, you can do whatever you want.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 10:33:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Yes, I feel it is the best option for the non-altered Sig barrel. If you cut, you can do whatever you want.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It is not the only option though. TROS makes an adapter as well. However, it does not have wrench flats (unlike their Scorpion adapter which does). The Griffin adapter does have wrench flats which is a plus in my book.

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:35:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It is not the only option though. TROS makes an adapter as well. However, it does not have wrench flats (unlike their Scorpion adapter which does). The Griffin adapter does have wrench flats which is a plus in my book.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you guys using Rocksett as well?  Thanks again!
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 9:35:19 AM EDT
[#22]
I also used Rocksett on my TROS 3-lug.

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:19:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Here is a close up of my Griffin Armament three lug. Wrench flats FTW!!!

HK Parts three lug (for comparison):

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I also used Rocksett on my TROS 3-lug.

<a href="http://s1200.photobucket.com/user/Sgr_North/media/image_zpscdviaz4f.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb333/Sgr_North/image_zpscdviaz4f.jpeg</a>
View Quote

Looks good.  So you had your barrel cut to 4.5" and threaded with a traditional shoulder?

Also, who did the work because it looks perfect?

Looks like the way to go if/when the shorter handguards come out - it will be the perfect length for shooting unsuppressed as well!

Awesome!  
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm sending mine to ADCO on Monday for a 4.5 chop.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Has anything changed with internals on the gen 2? As in, are they still supposed to have a firing pin spring?

Edit: apparently at some point they stopped using a firing pin spring.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:29:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Has anyone gotten barrel assembly pricing?

I was told $599 for a Gen1 8" barrel assembly (including gas block and piston) by SIG phone rep - that seems crazy expensive!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 3:50:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I was told $599 for a Gen1 8" barrel assembly (including gas block and piston) by SIG phone rep - that seems crazy expensive!!!!!!!!!
View Quote

I have seen the same price. 20% coupon would apply but still takes it to $480.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#29]
My LGS has one gen2 MPX (with pdw stock) in stock with my name on it, and also has several Gen2 30rd mags (FDE follower). Also has the three pack of Gen1 mags on the shelf with a decent Sig mag pouch.

If I do fo on this MPX, should I look for a coupon in the box, so I can get 20% off mags, etc while I wait for my Form4?
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My LGS has one gen2 MPX (with pdw stock) in stock with my name on it, and also has several Gen2 30rd mags (FDE follower). Also has the three pack of Gen1 mags on the shelf with a decent Sig mag pouch.

If I do fo on this MPX, should I look for a coupon in the box, so I can get 20% off mags, etc while I wait for my Form4?
View Quote

Sure, look all you want
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

You go online to Sigs warranty registration, register and on the final screen you get your code for 20% off your whole order. Takes the gen 2 30 round 3 mag packs to $150 each.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haysoos!  How much is a complete upper?????  I was expecting $500-ish for a complete upper and not more than $300-ish for a barrel/piston assembly.  Guess that was WAAAYYYYY optimistic.

I should just sell this #^%$@ing Gen1 and walk away without looking back
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#33]
In addition to the 4.5" 9mm barrel assemblies, the K length Keymod handguard are available to order by phone. Price is $129
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
In addition to the 4.5" 9mm barrel assemblies, the K length Keymod handguard are available to order by phone. Price is $129
View Quote

Available to order or available to ship?
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 10:25:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Available to order, I've had mine on order since January...one of these days it'll show up!
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Available to order, I've had mine on order since January...one of these days it'll show up!
View Quote

This.

And Sig doesnt charge your card till it ships
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Nor apparently do they ship in the order in which orders were taken....
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 3:10:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You go online to Sigs warranty registration, register and on the final screen you get your code for 20% off your whole order. Takes the gen 2 30 round 3 mag packs to $150 each.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you WillysJeep. We Jeep people are cool like that

I did fo on the MPX sbr with a pdw stock, 8" barrel. I am definitely fo'ing on the 20% offer on a Gen2 4.5" barrel/3 pack of magazines.

A 4.5" barrel with a suppressor, that fits way down inside the longer factory handgaurd (8"?) will be oh-so sexy. All my others have the barrel threads exposed. This MPX also got me into a pdw style AR, finally.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 4:20:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I did fo on the MPX sbr with a pdw stock, 8" barrel. I am definitely fo'ing on the 20% offer on a Gen2 4.5" barrel/3 pack of magazines.

A 4.5" barrel with a suppressor, that fits way down inside the longer factory handgaurd (8"?) will be oh-so sexy. All my others have the barrel threads exposed. This MPX also got me into a pdw style AR, finally.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can get more than one 3 pack of mags with the 20% off coupon just FYI
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:30:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Anyone know where I can get the Silencerco Octane fixed barrel mount for the MPX? Everyone seems to be out of stock...
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 7:48:48 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Anyone know where I can get the Silencerco Octane fixed barrel mount for the MPX? Everyone seems to be out of stock...
View Quote
I was told your better to use a booster and fixed spacer as it will keep more carbon out of the Octanes threads.

I wasn't even aware they made the fixed barrel mount in 13.5x1LH.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:08:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I was told your better to use a booster and fixed spacer as it will keep more carbon out of the Octanes threads.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haven't heard this before. Have been using octanes with fixed direct thread mounts for awhile now and no issues with the threads on the hosts or the suppressors.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Fixed barrel = fixed can. Of course, I went against the grain and used a 3 lug adapter on my Octane.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:07:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Btw...

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:30:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Does anyone have a parts list from Sig. Was going to make an order, but would like to see everything so I don't forget something. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Haha nope, was posted as a link not an image, and the link didn't take you to an image
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
(I finally received my approved form 1 for my MPX). Did the pic not show up of something?
View Quote

Pic showed and shows for me in FireFox.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top